Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop: Ultrasonic Humidifier

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinedmc_
 Arcade Champion: Madness

Loc: Portland, OR
US Diffusion 2-Liter Setup
    #3578063 - 01/04/05 03:50 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

In working operation. Vicks Ultrasonic Humidifier plugged into the left most bottle, output on the right. Can you see the first two chambers expelling moisture through the bottom?

The caps of a 2 liter cola bottle is approx 1 1/4", I drilled 9/8" holes and hand carved the rest out for a nice snug fit. The 1x4 board worked nicely and was of proper depth so the bottle could expel moisture without coming in contact with the wood.

First two chambers have holes this big.

Third chamber has a hole this size.

Last chamber has no hole.

Even at the very lowest setting this humidifier pumps out way too much moisture without the exhaust holes. The wood frame makes for an appealing easy to move system. The bottles simply pop in and out with a little pressure.

It was either this or a 20dollar timer at wally world. I don't have any experience with soddering(SP), otherwise I've read I could attach a resistor to the humidifier and have it pump more slowly. Me and experimenting with electricity don't work, I usually get traumatized, run outside and suck down a cigarette.

This has been a long known technique popularized in pf-tek and mmgg.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineLaughingJim
Anti-Toxin
 User Gallery

Loc: USA, ( CT )
Re: US Diffusion 2-Liter Setup [Re: dmc_]
    #3578406 - 01/04/05 08:37 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

You should actually reverse that setup...

IN at bottom, out at top to next...
in as bottom, out at top to next...

With no holes draining water into the air!!!

Put a hose on those holes, and connect them to the fogger, have them return under the water, so air does not come back up through them, yet water returns to be vaporized.

The point is that you want the heavy stuff to have time to fall, not disipate. (Try running it in reverse, you may only need one container.)

Don't forget to put a drain back to the original fogger chamber. Also, keep the bottles higher than the fogger water level will reduce "Heavy" drops. Also, use thick pipes, not thin. Thin = jet streams and turbulance. That helps keep the drops suspended in the air.

Also, don't suck air from close to the water level, suck it from the highest part of the tank.

If you can see it, it is not humidity, it is fog/rain.

--------------------
Don't forget to RATE us if you think we are offering GOOD or BAD advice, Thank-you!

I participate in the PROTEIN FOLDING PROGRAM helping the shroomery to help others,
FOLDING.STANFORD.EDU
I support www.shroomery.org (Team # 12679)

Edited by LaughingJim (01/04/05 08:47 AM)

OfflineLaughingJim
Anti-Toxin
 User Gallery

Loc: USA, ( CT )
Re: US Diffusion 2-Liter Setup [Re: LaughingJim]
    #3578414 - 01/04/05 08:43 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

You could save yourself a lot of time by making a "Cannon" out of 2-1/2 inch PVC. Put it so it stands on the output vent. The air that comes out of the top will be clear and 100% humid. You may also have to lightly restrict/redirect about 50% back to the chamber.

You don't want high speed air suspending heavy drops. (You also don't want to dump those drops on the floor??? why did you do that?)

--------------------
Don't forget to RATE us if you think we are offering GOOD or BAD advice, Thank-you!

I participate in the PROTEIN FOLDING PROGRAM helping the shroomery to help others,
FOLDING.STANFORD.EDU
I support www.shroomery.org (Team # 12679)

Offlinedmc_
 Arcade Champion: Madness

Loc: Portland, OR
Re: US Diffusion 2-Liter Setup [Re: LaughingJim]
    #3578479 - 01/04/05 09:28 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

I was thinking in at top, out bottum would let the moisture drain back into the previous container. Since the vents are far below the output at the bottum, you would think the heavy drops would fall past the output and through the direct path out the lid. Further more, water is cheap and my house is very dry. Sorry for trying to multitask here. lol...

But you're right, Ill reverse it.

Quote:

You could save yourself a lot of time by making a "Cannon" out of 2-1/2 inch PVC. Put it so it stands on the output vent. The air that comes out of the top will be clear and 100% humid. You may also have to lightly restrict/redirect about 50% back to the chamber

good idea, however I dont have any money unless you suggest I steal some PVC pipe from the neighbor.

Quote:

You don't want high speed air suspending heavy drops. (You also don't want to dump those drops on the floor??? why did you do that?)

A pan would have been used to catch any dropping water. There is no high speed air at the end of the system.

Offlinetoasty1
goofball
Male User Gallery
Loc: In my head
Re: US Diffusion 2-Liter Setup [Re: dmc_]
    #3578542 - 01/04/05 09:54 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

I tried taking a 20 qt. rubbermaid and make a manafold out of it. I had 2 new wick type humidifiers, hooked them both up to the rubbermaid. The rubber maid was put over top of a indoor green house. With both running, I had humidity to spare. If I get the time I'll snap a pic for you.

--------------------
If it bleeds for a week...dont trust it

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop: Ultrasonic Humidifier

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation