Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinesperminator
Stranger
just a few questions
    #3576988 - 01/03/05 09:45 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

hey ive been readin around and i just have a few questions:
1) why do shrooms hurt your stomach?... better yet.. is there any damage? (permananent or temporary)
2) does orange juice actually enhance the trip?
3) if the room is hotter... do u trip harder? if so... are there any risks?
4) does shroom tea lower the concentration of the psilocybin?
5) do u gain a tolerance to shrooms if u eat them once every two weeks? or do u needa longer span to wait?

thanks to anyone for the answer(s)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleRavus
Not an EggshellWalker
 User Gallery

Loc: Cave of the Patriarchs
Re: just a few questions [Re: sperminator]
    #3577014 - 01/03/05 09:50 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Shrooms don't cause any known physical damage, and they've never hurt my stomach either. Perhaps you just have problems digesting them, and can feel it more when you're tripping. For all practical purposes, orange juice doesn't seem to enhance the trip. I would guess you would ask that because of the vitamin C, which has been discussed many times but doesn't have any noticeable potentiation. #3 is a personal thing, you don't need a hotter room to trip harder but you may feel the trip differently by changing the setting, including the temperature. If it's not outrageously hot there aren't any risks. #5 is also variable depending on the individual, it depends on your metabolism and such, but for me two weeks between tripping has never seemed to build a tolerance.

--------------------
So long as you are praised think only that you are not yet on your own path but on that of another.

Offlinesperminator
Stranger
Re: just a few questions [Re: Ravus]
    #3577029 - 01/03/05 09:54 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

thanks soo much for your quick help

Offlinesyanesso
100% pupil

Loc: Evergreen State
Re: just a few questions [Re: Ravus]
    #3577034 - 01/03/05 09:55 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

not my stomache, but something near it (maybe my liver) always hurts pretty bad after a trip..so its not a mind fuck thing.  maybe processing the shrooms fuck my liver up..who knows..sure is fun though! :crazy2:

--------------------
make sure it bruises blue

InvisibleDark_Star
train driver pervading a desktop
Male User Gallery

Loc: Uranus
Re: just a few questions [Re: syanesso]
    #3577055 - 01/03/05 10:00 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

well....i can assure you that it doesn't fuck up your liver so.......
I get aches and pains after tripping sometimes....but they seem more relative to what i was doing (physically) The RCs had some nasty side effects though......but i'm betting they are pretty safe as long as they are used correctly.

--------------------

Offlinesperminator
Stranger
Re: just a few questions [Re: Dark_Star]
    #3577073 - 01/03/05 10:05 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

what are rc's?

InvisibleRavus
Not an EggshellWalker
 User Gallery

Loc: Cave of the Patriarchs
Re: just a few questions [Re: syanesso]
    #3577081 - 01/03/05 10:06 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

That does seem to be one of the negative side effects for some people, pains in the stomach area and vomiting, but I couldn't find any information on why mushrooms cause this, only that they haven't been shown to cause physical damage and that these are in fact side effects rather than damage to the stomach or liver.

Quote:

There are no known long-term effects of psilocybin mushrooms. Psychoactive mushrooms have been used for thousands of years by several cultures and there are no recorded long-term adverse health effects related to their use.

http://www.erowid.org/ask/ask.cgi?ID=161

--------------------
So long as you are praised think only that you are not yet on your own path but on that of another.

InvisibleDark_Star
train driver pervading a desktop
Male User Gallery

Loc: Uranus
    #3577130 - 01/03/05 10:17 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

sperminator said:
what are rc's?

:crazy: Don't ask............ :smile: :sun:

--------------------

InvisibleSupernova
Stranger
Male
    #3578418 - 01/04/05 06:48 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

1) why do shrooms hurt your stomach?... better yet.. is there any damage? (permananent or temporary)

Sometimes I get heartburn. Sometimes I get bad gas. This is usually worst when consuming lots of shrooms fresh. There's more in shrooms than just magic. I keep some pepto bismol and gas-X handy. I've noticed that with tea or with ground up dried shrooms I don't have near the problem with heartburn but may still get gas. I have the worst farts when tripping on higher doses. Lower ones don't cause it for me. I know of nothing to suggest "permanent damage".

2) does orange juice actually enhance the trip?

My opinion on this, which I have stated several times, is that it is not actually the OJ or vitamin C that enhances the trip, but rather a spike in blood sugar. If you haven't eaten for a few hours, then you dose, then you trip for 3 or 4 hours, then you down a big cup of OJ or other juice, which are all loaded with sugars, you'll get a buzz from the sugar and it will enhance the trip. Chocolate does the same, and better- probably the caffiene in it helps out too.

3) if the room is hotter... do u trip harder? if so... are there any risks? Never noticed.

4) does shroom tea lower the concentration of the psilocybin?

Not if properly brewed. Don't boil it to death. Boiling for a few minutes ain't gonna hurt it though.

5) do u gain a tolerance to shrooms if u eat them once every two weeks? or do u needa longer span to wait?

I think you do have a psychological tolerance, but it is not physiological.

Hope this helps.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies