Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store - Cannabis Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Invisibleclone
Remote Viewer
 User Gallery

What to do with the new years
    #3576838 - 01/03/05 11:11 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

New Years Resolutions

It?s that time of the year, when everyone makes promises to themselves to do something to better their lives. Normally I would not make any resolutions to myself. I usually do not see a point in telling myself I?m going to do something, knowing full well I will not. This year I have decided to make an exception. As we enter the fourth day of light, (as we are currently going through the galactic underworld, or in between worlds in the Mayan calendar), we will see a period of more personal creativity and expression. With that in mind I plan to take these next few days of light to better myself, and my art. So with that said here are my New Years Resolutions.

No more fast-food. Seriously?No more. For the last year I have eaten fast food for almost every meal. Yes breakfast lunch and dinner. You may think to yourself, ?yeah fatty, stop eating that fast food.?, but I am 6?2?? 155lbs. I?m not fat by any means, but I know my heart will regret the grease later. So no more?

Invest in silver/gold. I am pretty bad about saving money.. Rather I am bad about spending money. As soon as the money is in my hands, I put it into someone else's. This always leaves me with nothing to go on in a few years. I have been doing some research, and decided it is time to get some investments into some assets. Sure a silver bar here and there isn't?t much now, but it all adds up after a few years. It?s a great investment all around. Precious metals never lose value below a coins face value, and when the market crashes ?AGAIN?, silver and gold can be worth almost 100 times more then their original purchase value.

Work on learning animation/3d animation. I have been doing a very half assed job at learning all the programs i was given (Adobe-CS, Image Ready, After Effects, Bryce3D, Maya Complete, and so on). I have had most of these programs for a while, but the time involved just discourages me sometimes. No more. I will work harder to keep my mind focused and on track. I included my first ever gif animation below. Not the best, but it's a start.

Learn more about the current music programs I do use. I use everything from Absynth, Reason, Nuendo (1 and 2), Goldwave, and so on. Even though i have learned how to use the programs for what i need so far, I want to get a better understanding of building music with them. I want to be able to use my programs to their fullest, and get even more sound possibilities out of what i already use.

Learn more about myself. whether it be through reflection, meditation, or self induced psychosis (my preferred method), i think it is time we all try to learn more about ourselves and the world we create around us. The world we create around us is what we project onto others, what we project on others effects their perceptions of time, space, and reality (and vice versa). Isn't it time we stopped focusing on our own self centered needs and focus on the greater world we are all continuously creating around ourselves and others.

Prepare for the coming chaos of the 5th night.
If you do not follow me on this one, it will mean nothing now, but come the fifth night you will understand.

These are my resolutions for 2005. As we drift closer to the end of the galactic underworld (or times of chaos.. just take a look around), and into the creation of the new world, we try to become aware of ourselves and our role in all this. To those who are lost.. don't worry you will find your way in time.
To those who are becoming aware and finding their way,
May this new year bring you into the light

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

Loc: The Zero Point Field
Re: What to do with the new years [Re: clone]
    #3576920 - 01/03/05 11:26 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

clone said:
New Years Resolutions

It?s that time of the year, when everyone makes  promises to themselves to do something to better their lives. Normally I would not make any resolutions to myself. I usually do not see a point in telling myself I?m going to do something, knowing full well I will not. This year I have decided to make an exception. As we enter the fourth day of light, (as we are currently going through the galactic underworld, or in between worlds in the Mayan calendar), we will see a period of more personal creativity and expression. With that in mind I plan to take these next few days of light to better myself, and my art. So with that said here are my New Years Resolutions.

I don't usually make New Year's resolutions either, and I know nothing about the fourth day of light, or the galactic underworld, however, I was thinking about some changes for my life, as well.

Quote:

No more fast-food.

I'm not fat either.  5'6" and 125 pounds, give or take 5.  :grin:

But I used to eat only healthy foods, no matter what time of day.  Then I started going to lunches and dinners, and now I'm in the days of bad habits.  I'm going to get back to where I once was, which was the habit of yogurt, granola, fruit, and vegetables.

Quote:

I am pretty bad about saving money.

Me, too.  I am going to clean up the debt I accumulated by 2006.

Quote:

Work on learning animation/3d animation. ...  Learn more about the current music programs I do use.

I have been wanting to better myself in Spanish.  I took some courses a few years ago and have forgotten quite a bit. 

Quote:

Learn more about myself.

Forget that one.  :grin:  If I learn something negative about myself, I might have to change.  Holy shit that can be painful.  :grin:

--------------------
The day will come when, after harnessing the ether, the winds, the tides, gravitation, we shall harness for God the energies of love. And, on that day, for the second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire.  -Teilard

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology