Home | Community | Message Board

Zamnesia.com
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Invisiblequestion_for_joo
i'm left. youall can bite me
isn't the drug legalization issue about trust?
    #3576127 - 01/03/05 08:28 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

I mean basically deep down the reason adults usually vote against decriminalizing herb is that they don't trust their children will be able to be exposed to it and come out better in life. I think that's valid. I think the ratio of those children who use drugs and those who totally fuck up their lives over it is really high. The adults, when they were young, tried it and when they were trying it they were thinking the exact same thing the kids today think who begin trying drugs: hey life sucks, this might be a blast. Those who later succumbed to drug addiction don't bother to vote but most would vote for legalization if they could.. Those who used it and rose above the need for it later mostly vote against their kids having the opportunity to try it as they did. What is this seperation of time doing to people? Why do people want to prevent the possible danger/gain to their child through drugs but at the same time expose their child to other more serious dangers like business and driving a car down the interstate?

--------------------
youi was a pig informatnt so you can go fuckyoruselfs

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleDark_Star
dick butterfly
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: Under the Grecian fog
Re: isn't the drug legalization issue about trust? [Re: question_for_joo]
    #3576172 - 01/03/05 08:37 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

The human race as a whole is very, very mentally ill. Hopefully this will change at somepoint, but who knows.......we can always hope though.

--------------------

Offlinedeff
lovelightbliss
 User Gallery

Loc: all this Flag
Re: isn't the drug legalization issue about trust? [Re: Dark_Star]
    #3576339 - 01/03/05 09:15 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

fear of losing what they have worked so hard to validate in vain :smile:

--------------------

InvisibleEgo Death
Justadropofwaterinanendlesssea
 User Gallery

Loc: The War Machine
    #3576413 - 01/03/05 09:35 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

I think the issue is power.

The government will never legalise it unless the majority of VOTING PUBLIC wanted it this way.

Anybody trying to change it would be hit hard by the media and the huge conroversy over wether or not it should be legal.

Myself, I think why leave in the hands of criminals and why disriminate pharms and illegal drugs so radically. It is the illicitness of dugs that makes them desirable!

--------------------

Re: isn't the drug legalization issue about trust? [Re: Ego Death]
    #3576444 - 01/03/05 09:40 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

It's not the illicitness of drugs that make them desirable to me. It's the burst of pleasure and enhancing of sense that make them desirable to me, maybe I'm crazy though.

--------------------

Offlinekadakuda
The Great"Green".......East
 User Gallery

Loc: Asia
    #3576570 - 01/03/05 10:13 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

i think weed being a gateway drug is exactly why its a gateway drug.  if we are told something is bad and it will lead to misery and pain than most of us probably wont do it.  now there are still lots that will.  those people are going to be doing with the "it will turn my life to shit" thought pouring through their heads and for many that will be the case.  they will become what they are told to become.

thats pretty much how i have believed it to be.  after all you dont see schools teaching kids that booze is going to lead to herion (at least liek weed will).  they seem to often talk about weed and alcohol together and yet keep alcohol in high regards....as long as its in moderation.

if alcohol wasnt already legal i really dont see it becoming legal in this day and age.

im not so much against weed being illegal as i am cigarettes adn alcohol being legal while weed is not.  its the hypocricy that pisses me off first.  second comes owning a plant.

thats my take.  or what deff said :grin:

--------------------
The seeds you won't sow are the plants you dont grow.

InvisibleDark_Star
dick butterfly
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: Under the Grecian fog
Re: isn't the drug legalization issue about trust? [Re: kadakuda]
    #3576578 - 01/03/05 10:14 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Yeah, dare and other anti-drug programs are the real gateways, that's what got me interested...esp. in harder drugs. As I said, our society is fucked up.

--------------------

OfflineTrippinNinjaBuddha
ShroominSamurai
Re: isn't the drug legalization issue about trust? [Re: Dark_Star]
    #3595714 - 01/07/05 10:43 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

It bugs me that D.A.R.E. officers straight up lie. We were told 'Three hits of acid will make you clinically insane.' So many people still genuinely think that way. We should educate the kids honestly, let them make their own decisions. Drugs like Ecstacy would be a lot less dangerous because the gov't. could manufacture them purely. No unwanted speed. There could be better rehab centers that could wean you off it. Over 25% of all prisoners are in for a nonviolent drug crime. ah fuck it

--------------------
Jumped in a river, what did I see?
Black eyed angels swimming with me
Moon full of stars and astral cars, all the figures I used to see
All my lovers were there with me
All my past and all my futures
We went to heaven in a little rowboat
There was nothing to fear and nothing to doubt

Offlineincubaby_421
half naked andfull witted
 User Gallery

Loc: the center of the univers...
Re: isn't the drug legalization issue about trust? [Re: TrippinNinjaBuddha]
    #3595801 - 01/07/05 11:02 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

i owuld believe that the best solution is decriminalization of every illegal substance, jesus, i spent, oh about four years of my life researching this topic alone, i could probably write eight pages about it, but in a nutshell, addiction is a medical problem, not a legal problem, an it should be treated as such.

--------------------
"yet the more i dig, the more i consume, the more i unfold... the less protected i feel.
i am the spit on the hair of the son of an electron, swimming around the nucleus of a cell inside the sperm of a killer bee, and my purpose is as nebulous as why weve been bestowed with the capacity to give a shit" Brandon Boyd

OfflineZekebomb
sociophagus

Loc: BC province
Re: isn't the drug legalization issue about trust? [Re: incubaby_421]
    #3596105 - 01/08/05 12:29 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

maybe the issue isn't trust, it's fear. as in, many people who NEVER tried drugs are extremely, like deathly, afraid of them, and of people high on them. it's pretty weird and funny. it has to do with the fact that it's a totally unexplainable thing. to understand it you have to experience it first hand. (like childbirth, or so I gather.) and people who tried drugs, and fooled around with them in college or whatever, but never really saw what a lot of us see in them (the 'spiritual' aspect of them), then stop doing drugs in order to Get Serious, and then later have kids, of course they're going to want their kids not to do drugs. the other thing about parents is, they always think they're smarter than their kids. (and vice versa.)

OfflineDroz
Love of Life
 User Gallery

Loc: Floorida
    #3597339 - 01/08/05 06:41 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

and when they were trying it they were thinking the exact same thing the kids today think who begin trying drugs: hey life sucks, this might be a blast. Those who later succumbed to drug addiction don't bother to vote but most would vote for legalization if they could.

You do not know what the majority of pot smokers think and either do I.

Quote:

Why do people want to prevent the possible danger/gain to their child through drugs but at the same time expose their child to other more serious dangers like business and driving a car down the interstate?

More serious dangers? You gotta be kidding me. Driving down the road, business and pot smoking are three different things.

I use to smoke but no longer do and I don't see myself ever smoking again. When I did smoke I became lazy and forgetful. I remember exactly what the drug did to me and see no use for it.

Doesn't it make you lazy and forgetful?

Re: isn't the drug legalization issue about trust? [Re: Droz]
    #3600269 - 01/08/05 09:49 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

yeah, it does

--------------------

Edited by question_for_joo (01/09/05 08:44 AM)

OfflineDeviate
    #3600706 - 01/08/05 11:56 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

you can get a lot of benefits out of weed. i haven't smoked any in 2 months but my mind has been permamently changed by it. i enjoy music more than i did before smoking and i am more aware of other everyday perceptions. its done more things for me as well but i am too lazy to try putting them into words right now. just pointing out that although it did a lot of bad things to me when i was smoking, such as making me paranoid, lazy and absent minded, i find that overall it has benefited me.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology