Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinegreenpastures
Stranger

large cope find-pics in a couple hours.
    #3574489 - 01/03/05 08:20 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

well i was up at 4am or so this morning and i decided that dawn would be a good time to sneak into my field and take a looksee. my last hunt on new years day brought back about 20-30 copes. half of which i ate inthe field. bad idea.

but anyway...this morning , i went out there and low and behold, they had sprouted all over the place! so i was out there for about an hour just picking away...i stubbed my toe on a cactus, but the good news is that i brought abck about....100-150 copes. close to a pound. some were over an inch across which i rarely see.

some had maggots. but i figure if i can dry the copes , i can dry the maggots and hey...protien. waste not want not. its their fault for getting on my mushrooms in the first place.

i'm using the black t-shirt method because i dont have a decent fan. this fan has three setting and the lowest is like a hurricane.

i took some picutres, but i have to use the other computer which is upstairs with my room mate who is currently asleep. i'll post em in a coupel hours.

--------------------
Do as i say. Do as i do.
Good. Now instead of eating a mushroom that is not yours. Eat the ones in the super market. Thanks. -droz
"German's love white rice."-droz

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinesyanesso
100% pupil

Loc: Evergreen State
Re: large cope find-pics in a couple hours. [Re: greenpastures]
    #3575231 - 01/03/05 02:23 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

nice dude, you should put up some pics! words dont do mushrooms justice

--------------------
make sure it bruises blue

Offlinegreenpastures
Stranger

#3575268 - 01/03/05 02:41 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

alright. heres the first pic...i bruised the hell out of em geting em back. naturaly. =D

the lighting is pretty bad on these and its not purdy...but it was a nice find =D still drying.

--------------------
Do as i say. Do as i do.
Good. Now instead of eating a mushroom that is not yours. Eat the ones in the super market. Thanks. -droz

Edited by greenpastures (01/03/05 02:43 PM)

InvisibleSupernova
Stranger
Male
    #3575311 - 01/03/05 03:00 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Nice GP. Gotta be gentle with those though. They're definitely fragile.

Offlinenildo
Stranger

Loc: brizvegas, QLD
Re: large cope find-pics in a couple hours. [Re: Supernova]
    #3575490 - 01/03/05 03:54 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

yeah nice little find. but why is it that you shouldnt bruise the mushys? apart from aesthetics

--------------------
these things make me feel funny!

InvisibleSupernova
Stranger
Male
Re: large cope find-pics in a couple hours. [Re: nildo]
    #3575502 - 01/03/05 03:56 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

I believe beating them up causes degradation of the psilocin in them, so you're killing the magic if that is true.

Offlinegreenpastures
Stranger

Re: large cope find-pics in a couple hours. [Re: Supernova]
    #3575505 - 01/03/05 03:56 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

i play tyhe part of the jogger when i go out....so i really cant be too jentle. i stuff what i can in my pants and run on down the road. in small towns, cops like to pull you over for looking at them funny. sometimes i'm a mormon...sometimes i'm a jogger =D ...but the good news is , the both of us (me and the copes) got back alive and well. still drying...sigh...t-shirt style. and then into the honey =D. i'm going to try to avoid the water build up this time. i just wonder...can maggots reproduce in honey? a good question for the forum.

--------------------
Do as i say. Do as i do.

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
    #3575557 - 01/03/05 04:12 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

YEs you can have bugs in your hioneied shrooms. I personally never recommend honey for storage.

The Aztecs use to serve the shrooms with either chocolate and/or honey. And thwen the chocolate was bitter, nor super sweet like today. HEre is a short quote from Ott in his book Pharmacotheon.

and more of the same:

mjshroomer.

Also, it is really good to take special care of the Copelandias. They loose much potency when treated as you say you stuff them in your pockets.

Carry a small cookie box (Chips Ahoy or Ritz Cracker box under your jogging sweat shirt. IT will protect the shrooms. I have used those boxes for years. I am referring to the small cookie sized ones you get at 7-11 type stores.

mj and have a shroomy day.

btw, some cow pies hcan have 100-200 shrooms in a single dung heap. In Hawaii where I lived for twelve years, an average two to three hour picking in season could yield 1200-2000 shrooms every other day from a single location.

Offlinegreenpastures
Stranger

Re: large cope find-pics in a couple hours. [Re: mjshroomer]
    #3575572 - 01/03/05 04:15 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

well it looks as though i'll be sticking my honewy in the fridge again. i'll eat dead maggots, but i dont want to be eating them live.

--------------------
Do as i say. Do as i do.

Offlinegreenpastures
Stranger

#3575584 - 01/03/05 04:17 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

cancel that, i'll just dry them and leave them alone.

--------------------
Do as i say. Do as i do.

Offlinegreenpastures
Stranger

#3575594 - 01/03/05 04:19 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

how long do you think they'd last if i just put them in a paper or carboard box and stuck them in the fridge? i want them to last till the 8th

--------------------
Do as i say. Do as i do.

Offlinegreenpastures
Stranger

#3575622 - 01/03/05 04:26 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

my room mate preserves lettuce by wrapping it in a paper towel and sticking it in a tupperware container in the fridge. would this work for a week or so with mushrooms? damn. and i liked my honey deal thingie...sigh

--------------------
Do as i say. Do as i do.

OfflinePsyclops
liberty hunter
 User Gallery

#3575824 - 01/03/05 05:19 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

copes have to be my favourite looking mushroom (think theyre beautiful as long as theyre in shape), youve managed to mangle yours proper tho. if i could get hold of copes where i lived id be so happy.

Offlinesyanesso
100% pupil

Loc: Evergreen State
Re: large cope find-pics in a couple hours. [Re: Psyclops]
    #3575869 - 01/03/05 05:30 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

dude if you dry them you could just put them in a crappy ziploc bag they would last for a week.
EDIT
*point being, nothing too elaborate is necessary for a such a short time of storage...dont spend more time getting them ready for storage than they will actually be in storage

--------------------
make sure it bruises blue

Edited by syanesso (01/03/05 05:31 PM)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag