Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Invisiblepoke smot!
floccinocci floofinator
Male

Harmaline
    #3572936 - 01/02/05 08:07 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

I feel this is best posted here, for objective, factual responses that are as reasonable as possible.

Would you consider harmaline a mood-altering substance? I'm trying to debate whether taking it again is a good idea.

My current status is to abstain from any mood altering drugs. It's been 68 days since I've ingested any mood-altering drug, except for caffiene (which I've kicked now), and nicotine (which I want to kick).

Still, getting to my point, a certain beta-carboline which you may know from the B. Capii vine and Syrian rue seeds, seems to be drawing me towards its energy. I can feel its presence. My sig has my nick over top of a molecule of Harmaline.

I'm not sure if a bunch of shroomers/etc are good to get advice from about this topic, but I really think some of you could help me make this decision, especially those in S&P.

The idea is not to take any substance that would potentially get me "high" and re-kindle addiction.

So, let me come up with my observations first.

Harmaline <b>is</b>:
- A monoamine oxidase inhibitor, which blocks the action of the enzyme MAO, therefore making serotonin more available in the brain.

Harmaline <i>is theorized to</i>:
- Produce anti-addictive effects in users of opiates and stimulants

Harmaline <b>does</b>:
- Take three to four hours to take effect.
- Produce anti-depressant effects in the brain.
- Produce visual tracers and auditory buzzing.
- Produce cognitive stimulation, and accelerated, diversified thinking.
- Have a green fluorescent glow under a blacklight, when dissolved in water.
- Diffuse through the sweat glands and other water-based excretions, causing the skin and pee to glow under a black light.

Harmaline <b>does not</b>:
- Produce feelings of being "high" or euphoria.
- Have long-term or short-term health detriments.
- Produce general stimulation.

Here is what I have gathered from my own past experiences:
Harmaline <i>will</i> change sleeping patterns, tending to make you require sleep less often, and in lesser amounts, usually without ill effect.

Harmaline <i>doesn't</i> cause any psychological or physical problems. I took it daily, in high doses, for about two months. One note is that, if taken often and in high doses, it will produce hypomania.

Harmaline <i>does</i> produce accelerated thinking. It is like the lubricant for new ideas and thoughts, and helps break the typical day-to-day thoughts and activities. It aids in self-modification of behaviors.

<i>Why would I want to take harmaline again, when I tend to be in a good mood on a day-to-day basis?</i> I believe that through my using harmaline in the past, it has given me positive energy. This energy still sticks with me, and does not fade noticeably day-to-day. However, as stated before, I can feel the spiritual properties of this substance just through its presence.

The other day, harmaline imparted a contact high on me for a short while, just by handling it. I was handling it while colorizing some water that would be under a blacklight.

<i>Why must I make a huge post on it?</i> Because I want to ensure that I am not in fact taking this substance because I want to get high. I believe it is a spiritual compound which gives the person consuming it, positive energy and spiritual benefits. I want to be sure I am not getting high though, as this would be going against my new way. It is ok for me to be prescribed medicine, however it is not for me to self-meditate. However, I am not self-medicating any condition.

Nor, am I taking this substance "recreationally" so to speak, as I do not desire to get high. Is there be another category for why one would ingest a substance? Is spiritual enlightenment a reason to take a substance, while not being an attempt to get high?

Perhaps I have answered my question through this long post; The answer may lie within the post, or the answer may lie in how much time and detail was spent on the post.

Please comment, I would like to settle this, without manipulating myself or "finding" a reason to take it. I know this is a less-common compound, but those of you who can comment on addiction and entheogens, please do comment. TIA.

Edited by poke smot! (09/07/20 01:53 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisible2Experimental
Male User Gallery
Re: Harmaline [Re: poke smot!]
    #3573198 - 01/02/05 09:25 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Shoot man, you sure seem really knowledgeable about how it effects you and general info about it.. Who better to make that decision besides yourself?

If you want my .02 on Syrian Rue and Harmaline( from my one time use of it) I would say it made me pretty sick for a while.. And when I was not sick, I did not feel it to alter my mood very much.. More of left me kind of in a dream state, with some strange visions and thought patterns ...

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

Loc: On the Border
Re: Harmaline [Re: 2Experimental]
    #3573520 - 01/02/05 10:51 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Pure harmaline only gives the pukes and shits. Need a little Psychotria to wash it down with.

--------------------
"A warrior is a hunter. He calculates everything. That's control. Once his calculations are over, he acts. He lets go. That's abandon. A warrior is not a leaf at the mercy of the wind. No one can push him; no one can make him do things against himself or against his better judgment. A warrior is tuned to survive, and he survives in the best of all possible fashions." ― Carlos Castaneda

InvisibleRavus
Not an EggshellWalker
 User Gallery

Loc: Cave of the Patriarchs
    #3573538 - 01/02/05 10:57 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

It sounds like you're trying to justify your want to use harmaline by your post. There is most definitely reasons to take drugs other than to get high, and if you feel that you are taking harmaline for spiritual reasons why try to justify it? Only you know your own mind, others on this forum can't tell you your inner intentions for your actions.

--------------------
So long as you are praised think only that you are not yet on your own path but on that of another.

InvisibleMoonshoe
Blue Mantis
 User Gallery

Loc: Iceland
    #3573543 - 01/02/05 10:57 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

"is harmaline a mood altering substance?"

well lets see:

"Harmaline Does:
- Produce anti-depressant effects in the brain.
- Produce visual tracers and auditory buzzing.
- Produce cognitive stimulation, and accelerated, diversified thinking."

based on that (your own words) it seems remarkably obvious that harmaline is a psychoactive, mood altering substances (produces antidepressant effects in the brain) and any attempt to convince yourself otherwise is wishfull thinking.

--------------------

Everything I post is fiction.

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

Re: Harmaline [Re: Ravus]
    #3573545 - 01/02/05 10:58 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

"It sounds like you're trying to justify your want to use harmaline by your post"
Yeah, don't use the harmaline unless you got the psychotria to keep it company.

--------------------
"A warrior is a hunter. He calculates everything. That's control. Once his calculations are over, he acts. He lets go. That's abandon. A warrior is not a leaf at the mercy of the wind. No one can push him; no one can make him do things against himself or against his better judgment. A warrior is tuned to survive, and he survives in the best of all possible fashions." ― Carlos Castaneda

OfflineMixomatosis
great ape

Loc: cipherland
    #3573674 - 01/02/05 11:30 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

haha poke smot, you've written down some rule somewhere and now you're trying to interpret it like a lawyer or a priest or somethingererather. Do what you want, and next time try to avoid absolutes when codifying behaviour for yourself.

Offlinefranco_on
Chefie McGaggie

Loc: T dot, If you do not know...
Re: Harmaline [Re: Mixomatosis]
    #3573729 - 01/02/05 11:49 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

I agree with Mix and Ravus,
I think just from trying to justify its use you are already showing that you want to use it more to get high then spirituality. If you have to justify then your intent is not pure.

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

#3574316 - 01/03/05 05:09 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Poke Smot: your nametag in your sig displays the Harmaline molecule! I immediately saw that but now there's a thread where its appropriate to say!

Personally I recognise that pharmacologically Harmaline is a mood stabilizer/antidepressant/brain intensifier because it slightly ups ALL brain monoamines.

I believe Harmaline should be a prescription drug, and that it's a crying shame this molecule is being ignored while it has so many benefits, many still unknown. It is hedonistically sound because unlike a drug of abuse it increases well-being and can be used 24/7.

If you poor vinegar acid in a pot with 6-MeO-tryptamine and dehydrate it (with say POCl3) you get an alkylated form we call Harmaline.
It's THAT close to the Tryptamine world and in fact stil is one.
I propose the name "tricyclic tryptamines" for these compounds.

Personally I think it is morally defensible that you plan to take this. There might be long-term harm in it we do not know, but fact of the matter is that you choose to use a psychoactive medicine, that happens to be an orphan drug instead of a prescription one in a non-escalating manner in order to derive benefits for your way of living and not to get out of the loop of your life duties.

So it arguably IS a medicine and it seems you use it AS a medicine. Except for unknown detrimental effects it might have I see no moral problem here.

Three things you must answer for yourself:
-Will I accept the possibility of detrimental effects (like a nervous breakdown because you skip sleep too often or neurological derangements)
-Will I in fact take the correct dosage, which should be the lowest effectiver one?
-Will the quality of my life REALLY improve as measured by the ground state of your mind in the year preceding your use?

If you can make those three a YES then I see no reason to not assume you aren't correctly self-medicating, I do not consider it a recreational drug effort but I must warn you to be conservative on dose and banish all excess monoamines from your foodlist and scratch most drugs, recreational or prescription if the doctor allows.

Tell us ALL about how much you use and what it does! I'm scientifically, personally and spiritually highly interested in your experiment! Perhaps this is more of a thread for my forum, ODD, though.

Tell about the high dose regimen, but please for your next run stick to the minimum dose that is effective after some 6 weeks of continued use.

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
higher knowledge starts here

OfflineNorlak
Nihilist

Loc: Highlands, NJ
Re: Harmaline [Re: Asante]
    #3575088 - 01/03/05 01:17 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

I think that you need to do what you feel you need to do, that there is no moral base for this besides anything you have created for yourself, and that there is no harm in indulgance as long as you are responsible for your actions.

--------------------
"We are ugly but we have the music."

Invisiblepoke smot!
floccinocci floofinator
Male

Re: Harmaline *DELETED* [Re: Norlak]
    #3575519 - 01/03/05 04:00 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Post deleted by poke smot!

Reason for deletion: x

Invisiblepoke smot!
floccinocci floofinator
Male

Re: Harmaline *DELETED* [Re: poke smot!]
    #3669474 - 01/23/05 07:47 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Post deleted by poke smot!

Reason for deletion: x

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

#3670038 - 01/23/05 10:28 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Harmaline by itself is totally useless. Only when used in combination with DMT containing admixtures does the effect become interesting.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder