Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinegreenpastures
Stranger

drying question
    #3573180 - 01/02/05 09:19 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

sorry to bother yall , but i'm not sure where to post this.

i dont have any desicants and i live in humidity central. i dried my mushrooms under a lamp with a black shirt over them, then when i coudlnt do that anymore, i brought them downstairs and stuck them in a cardboard box with a lid on it, covered them on both sides with napkins and turned on the fan. i cut a hole on each side of the box so theres air flowing through there, but i dont know what else to do.

or where to go from there.

leave them in the box and hope they dont rot? i cant get rid of the humidity in the house. at all . its just the naute of the nature here. and i'm poor. i dont have desicants nor can i afford any ...i could steal some from the clothing at walmart...but not tonight.

--------------------
Do as i say. Do as i do.
Good. Now instead of eating a mushroom that is not yours. Eat the ones in the super market. Thanks. -droz
"German's love white rice."-droz

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinedeathcapcubensis
hunter
 User Gallery

Re: drying question [Re: greenpastures]
    #3573187 - 01/02/05 09:23 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Im thinking get a food dehydrator, or mabe get a little space heater. You could also try the oven on low heat, like 110 degrees or so until they are "cracker dry"

Offlinegreenpastures
Stranger

Re: drying question [Re: deathcapcubensis]
    #3573192 - 01/02/05 09:24 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

i'm poor.

--------------------
Do as i say. Do as i do.
Good. Now instead of eating a mushroom that is not yours. Eat the ones in the super market. Thanks. -droz

InvisibleShroomOmatic
Ethno Apprentice
Male User Gallery
Loc: Sailing the Seas of Chees...
Re: drying question [Re: deathcapcubensis]
    #3573194 - 01/02/05 09:25 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

no no no fuck all of that. cubensis heat kills the active chemicals that you want in shrooms. dry them with a fan for 12-24 hours they will be cracker dry and have all the chemicals you want. if they dont dry so well chop em up.

--------------------

Offlinegreenpastures
Stranger

Re: drying question [Re: ShroomOmatic]
    #3573204 - 01/02/05 09:26 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

but doesnt chopping them up kill the chemicals too? i'm going to try the fan idea as i'm doing right now. but its so damn humid here, i may just decide to lose my mind instead.

--------------------
Do as i say. Do as i do.

InvisibleShroomOmatic
Ethno Apprentice
Male User Gallery
    #3573208 - 01/02/05 09:27 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

chopping doesnt do anything to the chems. all the chems are still there just in smaller peices. i dried big ass 30 gram cubes under a little room fan. works perfectly.

dude im in florida its fucking humid as hell here.

think of it this way if you chop up a peice of cheese is the cheese still there? same with with mushrooms just dont try to cook them.

--------------------

Offlinegreenpastures
Stranger

#3573239 - 01/02/05 09:38 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

ok. thanks. this answers that. now i have to go figure out what theother people said in the same post i posted elsewhere., =D i'll just fan dry in my cardboard box. i'll chop too. i just figured that if they bruse while being handled and that lets loose the psylo, then chopping them up would be doing that to the nth.

--------------------
Do as i say. Do as i do.

Offlinegreenpastures
Stranger

#3573280 - 01/02/05 09:50 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

ok. so lets assume theyre dry. do i then bag them and stick them in the freezer? or put them in the honey as usual...i always stick my honey in the fridge, but would having the honey in a warm place do bad things? very bad things? or could i just keep them in my cardboard box and hope the te....no...too humid. i have to store them in either honey or the freezer. but i always thought the freezer degraded them. life was so much simpler before i found out how potent fresh shrooms were. the differnce is truly amazing. i'd really like to keep the potency levels as high as possible. i hate being poor. lol

--------------------
Do as i say. Do as i do.

Offlinegreenpastures
Stranger

#3573292 - 01/02/05 09:54 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

wait wait wiat....what if i just took my fresh copes...bagged them airtight and shoved em in the freezer?

--------------------
Do as i say. Do as i do.

InvisibleShroomOmatic
Ethno Apprentice
Male User Gallery
    #3573299 - 01/02/05 09:56 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

dont freeze them. just keep them in an airtite baggie with no moisture.

--------------------

Offlinegreenpastures
Stranger

#3573304 - 01/02/05 09:57 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

fresh?

--------------------
Do as i say. Do as i do.

InvisibleShroomOmatic
Ethno Apprentice
Male User Gallery
    #3573316 - 01/02/05 09:59 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

id dry them with a fan before you baggie em keeps the moisture out. heres a pic of some dried cubies of mine.

[image]http://www.shroomery.org/forums/files/05-53/472831523-thumb_Picture_0071[/image]

--------------------

InvisibleShroomOmatic
Ethno Apprentice
Male User Gallery
    #3573320 - 01/02/05 10:00 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

im out for the nite bro just remember to fan dry them for 12-24 hours and then baggie em airtight night.

--------------------

Offlinegreenpastures
Stranger

#3573329 - 01/02/05 10:02 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

alright. thanks. then i have to assume that bagging and freezing fresh mushrooms does something bad...this is so confusing. #$%@$ ack! lol. i'm fan drying as we speak. but life would sooo much simpler if i could just catch em, bag em and toss em in there. sigh....

--------------------
Do as i say. Do as i do.

Invisibleblissedout
Male User Gallery

Loc: Yonder Flag
    #3573359 - 01/02/05 10:10 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

if you bag them fresh, they won't stay fresh for very long(like a week at most). if you fan dry them for 12 hours, they will be pretty dry, or for 24 hours(cut them in half if they are very big) then they will store for a long time. honey is great, also. chopping them up and crushing/powdering them is only a physical change, not a chemical change. when you get them too hot, they go through a chemical change and the active ingredients are killed. also, don't bag them in plastic bags. they will get slimy and gross. hope this helps.

--------------------

:murray:

Offlinegreenpastures
Stranger

Re: drying question [Re: blissedout]
    #3573372 - 01/02/05 10:12 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

....but you cant bag them and freeze them fresh?

--------------------
Do as i say. Do as i do.

Invisibleblissedout
Male User Gallery

Loc: Yonder Flag
    #3573398 - 01/02/05 10:17 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

i personally haven't tried this, but i'm sure that you can freeze them fresh, but i don't know how long they stay good in this state.

--------------------

:murray:

Offlinegreenpastures
Stranger

Re: drying question [Re: blissedout]
    #3573441 - 01/02/05 10:32 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

alright. thanks for theinfo . i know this can be extremly annoying. lol. i'll have to ask around about freezing fresh mushrooms.

--------------------
Do as i say. Do as i do.

InvisibleSupernova
Stranger
Male
    #3574390 - 01/03/05 06:41 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Walmart sells a food dehydrator called the NESCO American Harvest Snackmaster Express. It's under 40 bucks and works great. Lowest heat setting is 95 degrees, so you get no degradation of the magic. Mine always start rotting if I don't use a dehydrator or eat them right away.

InvisibleSupernova
Stranger
Male
    #3574394 - 01/03/05 06:43 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

I froze some fresh ones once and it ruined them. The mushies turn black and basically die just like they would if a freeze hit them. It doesn't work. The magic is killed.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale