Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinezerodefect
Stranger
help with orissa!
    #3572918 - 01/02/05 08:03 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Hey everyone, this is my first post on these forums so I just want to interduce myself and let you all know that you are an amazing community. I have read as much as humanly possible the last week and there is just one thing I cant find. This is my first time growing mushrooms and I have decided to grow 2 different strains. The first one is the 'Yosterizii' It is Ps.Cubensis Ecuadorian Var.Yosterizii hybred that a buddy of mine created locally. The other kind is some Orissa Indias. Now my question is that the Yosterizii's are almost half colonized in the jars (less then 5 days) and the Orissas are not showing signs of any mycelium growth. Now these are all being incubated at 86 in the same incubator. Should I expect to see something growing by this point or is it unusual for the other strain to colonize so quickly? Any help would be greatly appreciated. And thanks alot in advance.

zerodefect

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflinePsilocybeingzz
Male User Gallery

Loc: International waters
Re: help with orissa! [Re: zerodefect]
    #3572959 - 01/02/05 08:10 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

The first one is the 'Yosterizii' It is Ps.Cubensis Ecuadorian Var.Yosterizii hybred that a buddy of mine created locally.

Sorry, but your friend lied to you, but dont take it to heart, the guy that sold it to him might have lied. (thus your friend was just oblivious)

Your friend might have made a clone, or liquid culture mycelium (using multispore) , but he did NOT create a hybrid)

Quote:

Now my question is that the Yosterizii's are almost half colonized in the jars (less then 5 days) and the Orissas are not showing signs of any mycelium growth. Now these are all being incubated at 86 in the same incubator. Should I expect to see something growing by this point or is it unusual for the other strain to colonize so quickly?

Well like I said the "Yosterizii's" could have been a liquid culture, did you use spores??????? or liquid mycelium.

Because the IO not showing growth after 5 days is nothing to panic about, because it takes at least 3 days for spores to germinate, so just relax, and with any luck, a few days from now the OI will show up.

If that other strain is really that fast with multspore alone, well I dont care what lies surround it , I would like to experiment with it  :wink:
But its not a hybrid :tongue:

--------------------

Edited by Psilocybeingzz (01/02/05 08:14 PM)

Offlinezerodefect
Stranger
Re: help with orissa! [Re: Psilocybeingzz]
    #3573024 - 01/02/05 08:27 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Actually he is not lieing. He is an honest-to-god scientist. Was working on this strain for about 3 years now. His website is http://www.mushroomtroll.com/mushroom.htm#spore and you can see pictures of his creation. Either way if he is making it up, its okay, I did not pay for the spores they came with the kit I purchased. Now these were innoc just with spore solution about 2cc per jar with standard PF style jars. I just couldnt beleive the difference in speed of colonization of the different strains. Thanks alot for your help. I will be sure to allow more time to see growth in the OI's. Now is there anything special I should know about this strain in particular? Will they grow in the same conditions that the cubes do? Thanks alot for your fast reply.

OfflinePsilocybeingzz
Male User Gallery

#3573061 - 01/02/05 08:38 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Yes the conditions will be exactly the same.

OI's are cubes, and all cubes grow in similar conditions.
Sure some could use a cold shock, and another strain, might have a higher abortion rate, but the conditions you grow them in are always similar.

As for the created strain, I dont buy it, and I think if you took that claim over to the advanced cult forum etc, they would explain in detail why that claim is a lie.

Although, its been debated here on the shroomery numerous times(the issue of strains).........

If we want to be scientific and technical, we should say there are no different cubie strains, just different isolates, confuzed?, thats ok, I dont fully understand it either. :cheers:

--------------------

Offlinezerodefect
Stranger
    #3573072 - 01/02/05 08:41 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

haha good call. Too much technicalities for me too worry about. Either way whatever it was, is growing really fast. Very agressive word has it. Thanks alot for all your help.

OfflinePsilocybeingzz
Male User Gallery

#3573095 - 01/02/05 08:46 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

I enjoy helping :wink:

Hold on to anything that shows quick growth , Brazilian, is now my personal favorite because of its speed of growth, fat mushrooms, and a awsome pinset.
(although I had more aborts then I wanted, they were thick and meaty)

--------------------

Offlinezerodefect
Stranger
    #3573107 - 01/02/05 08:49 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Yeah, if you said that it can take like 3 days for the spores to germinate, I wonder why the jars a half colonized already in less that 5 days? Thats insane fast isnt it?

OfflinePsilocybeingzz
Male User Gallery

#3573126 - 01/02/05 08:56 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Yes.
(I find it hard to belive, but then again, we are talking half pint jars, not qaurt jars right????)
In any case,take prints, and send me one :smirk: and I will send back Brazilian, etc.

--------------------

Offlinezerodefect
Stranger
    #3573144 - 01/02/05 09:02 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

yeah they are half pint jars. for sure! ill make sure to send ya a print so you can give them a try. i have not tried one yet but i was told that these are some of the most potent mushrooms to grow. but like you said he could be just saying that. he really had no need to lie because it wasnt in a sales situation and i got it all from a lab. only time will tell. haha

OfflineIGnosticAbhorI
Stranger-er

#3573179 - 01/02/05 09:18 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

If you want something really potent, One of the most potent  that I've read about so far, then go for some Pan. Cyans or Pan...Tropics(sp?)....There's nothing that i could say to prepare you for them...except....don't overdose, otherwise everything just gets really crazy, but, Good luck and enjoy :smile:

OfflineIGnosticAbhorI
Stranger-er

Re: help with orissa! [Re: IGnosticAbhorI]
    #3573184 - 01/02/05 09:21 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

P.S...Yea, I meant Tried so far....I haven't tryied all....There's so many :wink:, but i've done enough and have read enough to say.....that pan cyans and fucking awesome in terms of potency, they own :smile:

InvisibleMagash
Da Bud Guru
 User Gallery

Loc: Near Hilo
Trusted Cultivator
    #3573222 - 01/02/05 09:33 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Mmmmm....love those pans. Want to really trip try the Ps Cyans or the most potent shroom on earth Azures  :thumbup: :grin: :wexican: :bong:

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

OfflineIGnosticAbhorI
Stranger-er

#3573232 - 01/02/05 09:35 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Hey uhh..
I just read that site, yea, what a RIP
10CC of a solution syringe for 100$...Creeper strain
Yeah..Prints are about 23 and you can make 4-5 12CC syringes from them.

I read a bit more and then I had to stop. Guy's a rip and knows next to nothing about P. Cubes except for that they're mushrooms. : /
Well, maybe a bit more, but he's wrong about creeps and several other strains....Damn, I'll Give you a print for NOTHING as soon as i fruit them.
Well gl

InvisibleTaskenti
MadPsycho

Re: help with orissa! [Re: Magash]
    #3573237 - 01/02/05 09:37 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

So where do we get those strains you talk of magash and IGnostic

**edit**
Found Panaeolus cyanescens at spores101 but what about the azures?

--------------------
CIVIC IS Mycoshack!! Be careful trading with him!!
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showthreaded.php/Cat/0/Number/5686915/page/0/vc/1

Edited by bruceallen (01/02/05 09:38 PM)

OfflinePsilocybeingzz
Male User Gallery

Re: help with orissa! [Re: Taskenti]
    #3573240 - 01/02/05 09:39 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

I traded Ps.Cyans for some of my exotics. (pans etc)

Other exotics, like Ps.Suba, and Ps.Mex-B I got from Loki :grin: (cough) for free.

Loki rocks  :thumbup: :mushroom2: :laugh: :thumbup: :heart: :thumbup: :mushroom2: :thumbup: :stoned:

Edited by Psilocybeingzz (01/02/05 09:40 PM)

InvisibleMagash
Da Bud Guru
 User Gallery

Loc: Near Hilo
Trusted Cultivator
    #3573253 - 01/02/05 09:42 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

I believe TLG stocks them both  :thumbup:

I know Ralph has pans.  :grin:

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

OfflineIGnosticAbhorI
Stranger-er

#3573263 - 01/02/05 09:45 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

A foaf will have some wild pans soon :smile:

InvisibleTaskenti
MadPsycho

#3573279 - 01/02/05 09:49 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Looking for azures at TLG i searched for azures and couldn't find antything, should I search a different name?

--------------------
CIVIC IS Mycoshack!! Be careful trading with him!!
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showthreaded.php/Cat/0/Number/5686915/page/0/vc/1

Offlinezerodefect
Stranger
    #3573366 - 01/02/05 10:11 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

yeah i bought a 20cc syringe of azure spores on ebay the other day. so i should grow those as well, as there the most potent shrooms in existance, but i know there wood lovers and im not really too familiar with growing that kind of mushrooms. i also have come cyeans aswell. if anyone knows of any great ways to grow them indoors it would be greatly appreciated. thanks

Offlineindigo758
psyentist

#3575544 - 01/03/05 04:09 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

About the Orissa, this is a very slowly colonizing strain. Usually makes decent sized fruit though in comparison to certain others. I've heard it does well in bulk, which is my next plan for it. I'd gladly take a print of that supercolonizing strain as well, if you don't mind the trouble. :smile:

--------------------
please allow me to introduce myself, i'm a man of wealth and taste...

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale