Home | Community | Message Board

Mushrooms.com
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Original Seeds Store Shop: Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineArf
Mcgoo

OCD
    #3570979 - 01/02/05 02:51 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

hey there i have OCD, "obbsesive compulsive disorder", and i understand that psilocybin can help resolve this problem i just wanted to know if anyone has ANY experience with OCD and ANY psychedelic not just with psilocybin.

Arf

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineHawkeye2
Resident TranceAddict

Re: OCD [Re: Arf]
    #3572488 - 01/02/05 08:25 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

I've had some experience with OCD and psychedelics. My OCD has gener***y stayed seperate from my trips, but on my most recent 5g trip, right after the peak, I got extremely OCD. I felt VERY uncomfortable, and felt that it was from my room. So, I went about, cleaning my room completely, feeling very dirty, unclean, and unorganized. After I finished, I closed and reclosed *** of my drawers. They *** had to be shut completely, my room had to be just perfect, and I felt absolutely horrible if shit wasn't the way I wanted it.
Psychedelics might expose your mind and uncover *** the subconcious ways that you keep your OCD at bay and it may come out full force. Then, it's not pretty. I would err on the extreme side of caution, especi***y if your OCD is severe. I would try to not think about your OCD when you dose, and hope it doesn't show itself during a trip. If you have it *** the time, you may be able to work through it, but you may also get a bunch of other tics that you never knew about (like me with cleaning).

OfflineJaRRn
Lost in Space
Male User Gallery

Loc: Standing on the Cosmic Sh...
    #3572592 - 01/02/05 08:44 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Ive heard OCD gets worse with stress.

OfflineHawkeye2
Resident TranceAddict

Re: OCD [Re: JaRRn]
    #3572661 - 01/02/05 09:00 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

It does, and that was another part of the trip. I was very stressed out about my life, and became very very worried and fixtated in delusional ideas. Then I started cleaning.

Offline138
Stranger
    #3572774 - 01/02/05 09:35 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

In the past I had mild OCD and ever since taking mushrooms it has gone. For me personally the mushrooms showed me many deeper thoughts, problems, emotions and ideas that were connected to the OCD and helped me cure it. My girlfriend had far worse OCD and mushrooms have done the same for her too. These are just our personal experiences and it is possible mushrooms could make your OCD worse.

OfflineFrappy
Strange

Loc: South Florida
Re: OCD [Re: Hawkeye2]
    #3574583 - 01/03/05 11:47 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Hawkeye2 said:
I've had some experience with OCD and psychedelics. My OCD has gener***y stayed seperate from my trips, but on my most recent 5g trip, right after the peak, I got extremely OCD. I felt VERY uncomfortable, and felt that it was from my room. So, I went about, cleaning my room completely, feeling very dirty, unclean, and unorganized. After I finished, I closed and reclosed *** of my drawers. They *** had to be shut completely, my room had to be just perfect, and I felt absolutely horrible if shit wasn't the way I wanted it.
Psychedelics might expose your mind and uncover *** the subconcious ways that you keep your OCD at bay and it may come out full force. Then, it's not pretty. I would err on the extreme side of caution, especi***y if your OCD is severe. I would try to not think about your OCD when you dose, and hope it doesn't show itself during a trip. If you have it *** the time, you may be able to work through it, but you may also get a bunch of other tics that you never knew about (like me with cleaning).

Whats up with putting "***" instead of the letters "all"? Is that another one of your tics?

Offlinedjd586
Underpants Gnome

Re: OCD [Re: Frappy]
    #3575004 - 01/03/05 02:41 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

From what I know, psychedelics and OCD generally don't mix well. If anything, the condition can become worse while under the influence.

--------------------

Phase 1... collect underpants... phase 2...??? ... Phase 3 - PROFIT!

OfflineArf
Mcgoo

Re: OCD [Re: djd586]
    #3575479 - 01/03/05 05:50 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

right thanks everyone its just that i found an article on www.wired.com saying that psilocybin helps ocd.....not quite sure what to think now lol if i find the article ill post a link

Offlineempnero
DistortedPercetion

Re: OCD [Re: djd586]
    #3575483 - 01/03/05 05:51 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

oh my god, my roomate last semster was so incredibly ocd, and i tripped with him 5 times. the funniest thing in te world was when hed get a chill, his neck would snap, hed start tweaking out and clean the entire room

OfflineNoviseer
Percussion isFree
 User Gallery

Re: OCD [Re: empnero]
    #3575525 - 01/03/05 06:01 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

In my experience, mushrooms give me a temporary period of minimal mental problems...  I feel refreshed, because all my small neurotic quirks, fear of insects, emberrassement, etc. go away for the duration of the trip.  Existing free of these things teaches me that they're not necesary, just slight pathologies that I should be working to get rid of.  I would think this aspect of the experience could help people with OCD, but I don't know much about the disorder, nor do I have it, so :shrug:

--------------------

OfflineBorgFace
PEENTASTIC
Loc: Australia
    #3575647 - 01/03/05 06:32 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

What exactly are the symptoms of OCD?

What you said struck a chord. I am constantly arranging things to be symetrical, cleaning, etc. I think it is a step above wanting to be clean and tidy, I do it to EVERYTHING. I will even arrange the shoes at the front door, a piece of paper on a desk and other strange things.

In any case I don't notice any OCD-type symptoms when tripping, so maybe I only have a mild case.

Definitely very weird though :crazy:

--------------------
Give me an ounce of civet, good apothecary, to sweeten my imagination!

OfflineArf
Mcgoo

Re: OCD [Re: BorgFace]
    #3575778 - 01/03/05 07:06 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

its like doing ritualistic things purley because you wouldnt feel comfortable if you didnt do them for instance if i am playing my bass i always (except when im really high cause i always forget haha......suppose mj helps then!) have to end by playing a part of "freedom" by RATM i just have too or else ill feel REALLY uncomfortable thats just one example tho'!

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Original Seeds Store Shop: Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience