Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleSupernova
Stranger
Male
Help me kick my shroom habit, please
    #3568296 - 01/01/05 02:10 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

I need some help for my New Year's Resolution, which is to stop my abuse of psilocybin shrooms. For the last several months I have told myself I need to lay off the shrooms, but I do them at least weekly. I know I shouldn't use them that often, and I'd like to knock down my use to about once every 6 months at the most. The thing is, I know that I shouldn't use them so often. I know that it's not good for my mind, relationships, etc. I know I need to focus my energy on other things. I know all of these things but I feel like I need mushrooms to feel right. I know this sounds crazy, but I feel depressed- not sad, but low. Mushrooms get me up. I know abusing any drug is wrong, and I believe this is particularly true of mushrooms, but I just can't seem to break the cycle. I need suggestions for breaking my habit. Any would be welcomed. Thanks, and Happy New Year.

Peace.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleshroomydan
exshroomerite
 User Gallery

Loc: In the woods
Re: Help me kick my shroom habit, please [Re: Supernova]
    #3568662 - 01/01/05 05:28 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Hey supernova,

I've been there. I can tell you for sure that mushrooms will not tolerate abuse. If you continue to disrespect them they will make you physically sick and crazy. I have read most of your post so I have an idea of where you are at. God gives us the mushroom to teach us something. It is my understanding that the power which is revealed to you while under the influence of the mushroom is always present; you always have that power, even when you are not tripping. The mushrooms simply provides a lense through which you can see more clearly, however that lense is heavy. While carrying it you're hands are full, and you are unable to effect the change which you so clearly see must be effected. You have to put that lense down and for a time walk in darkness, making those changes which you have been shown must be made.

Here is some concrete instruction on a way to respect the mushroom:

Pick no more than one dose at a time.
Excess mushrooms leads to the tendency for abuse.
You have said you plan not to sell them, and this is good.

I know that hunting mushrooms and posting your finds on the shroomery is fun and addictive; you can take pictures and just leave them there. You can also expand your horizons to edible mushrooms.

You can see it's starting to go bad. If you continue to eat psilocybian mushrooms on a weekly basis, your trips will go from bad to worse, and you will eventually end up with no grasp of reality.
That being said you have too many mushrooms, throw them away, not in the trash; put them back in the field where you found them.

Good luck man, I will be praying for you.

InvisibleSupernova
Stranger
Male
Re: Help me kick my shroom habit, please [Re: shroomydan]
    #3568754 - 01/01/05 06:23 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

shroomydan- Thanks for the reply. I've been fighting back and forth on what to do as far as having so many shrooms, and I guess I know you are right that I just shouldn't have so many. I'm going to follow this advice and spread the shrooms back into the fields tomorrow. I enjoy hunting and taking pics a lot, but you are right that I can enjoy that without actually picking. I see so many other non-actives all the time too. I think I'll start trying to expand my knowledge of the different species. Maybe even take a class at the local college. Thanks again.

OfflineTantalus
Beyonddescription.
    #3568795 - 01/01/05 06:45 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

I used to trip on shrooms about ever week for the same reason. The afterglow would keep my mood up for about a week afterward. I'd tried several antidepressants but the side effects were too bad.

I discovered piracetam while researching nootropics, but I find it an effective short-term mood lifter. It makes your nervous system produce more acetyl-choline, which requires choline, so it should be taken with a choline supplement. You can get this from lecithin, I just started taking alpha-gpc and it seems to work better.

--------------------
"A nation's hope of lasting peace cannot be firmly based upon any race in armaments but rather upon just relations and honest understanding with all other nations...

Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed... The cost of one modern heavy bomber is this: a modern brick school in more than 30 cities. We pay for a single fighter with a half million bushels of wheat. We pay for a single destroyer with new homes that could have housed more than 8,000 people..."

President Dwight Eisenhower, 1953

OfflineGomp
¡(Bound to·(O))be free!
Male User Gallery

Loc: I re·side [primarily] in...
Re: Help me kick my shroom habit, please [Re: Tantalus]
    #3568800 - 01/01/05 06:52 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

send them to me :p

--------------------

--------------------
Disclaimer!?

InvisibleSupernova
Stranger
Male
Re: Help me kick my shroom habit, please [Re: Tantalus]
    #3569041 - 01/01/05 08:36 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Thanks, Tantalus. I was thinking of a prescription to increase my seratonin. I'm wondering if taking so many shrooms doesn't mess with your seratonin production over time. I'm sure it corrects itself, but it may take a while and in the meantime the only way to get back up is shrooms. Just a theory. I'll look into piracetam. Thanks again.

Offlineld50negative1
lethal dosage

#3569081 - 01/01/05 08:52 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

I hear that taking B-12 daily can help lift your mood.

--------------------

Offlinestefan
work in progress

Loc: The Netherlands
    #3570250 - 01/02/05 06:17 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

looke like you made a wise decision, now to the hardest part for you: not taking shrooms...

I think that you need to find yourself some activities that make you feel good. Creative things like making music, drawing or painting can do this and physical activities like sports; hiking, running, biking etc etc. just pick something you like and put efford in it so you get better at it (like you said you wanted to expand your knowledge about shrooms in general). that will make you feel good without drugs.
good luck :thumbup:

Offlinebaraka
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: hyperspace Flag
    #3570737 - 01/02/05 11:11 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Tripping 2-3 times is perfect i think. Anymore and you start to burn out of the magicalness of the expierence.

--------------------
This is the only time I really feel alive.

Offlinedr0mni
My Own Messiah
 User Gallery

Loc: USF Tampa, Fl
    #3570756 - 01/02/05 11:25 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

I'm going through the same thing. I started the 2004 New Year tripping and did so about every week this year (every other week at the LEAST). About a month ago I started to notice that my trips become more and more physically uncomfortable and very stressful. I would take them if I was bored and then regret it later because even though I was tripping, I was still bored, and my boredom was intensified. It's always been super easy for me to get shrooms because my friend used to grow them by the pound. I never had to worry about when the season was going to come around or anything.

God meant for us the trip when the mushrooms come out of the ground, but us Americans are so used to indulging in everything that we do that we want everything on demand. I realized that my excessive behavior was having a negative effect on my life and not just with shrooms. I smoke pot to excess, I sleep in excess, I eat in excess. I indulge in every aspect of my life and it has created an imbalance.

I was bored one night about two months ago, and ate some shrooms. Soon I started analyzing my excessive, addiction/high seeking behaviors and began to have a spiritual breakdown. So I did the only thing that I could; I popped in my F.R.I.E.N.D.S DVD box set and watched the entire season in one sitting. Almost ten tripping hours of FRIENDS! I realized that each episode is like a little morsel, a cigarette, a treat that is designed not to satisfy us, but only to leave us wanting more. Such is the nature of life. Everything is temporary and is going to leave you. You just have realize that being satisfied has just as much to do with anticipation as it does with gratification.

A few trips after that experiance I stopped. I haven't tripped for about a month and am abstaining until the spring (when god intended for us to trip). I have seen what the mushrooms wanted me to see and now I must meditate on it and learn how to incorperate that wisdom into my life. Psychedelics don't automatically enlighten you, you have to work for it with discipline and patiences. I am also planning to make a psychedelic pilgrimage to the edge of the desert and the rocky mountains in a year or two. Now my trips will be limited to a few times a year for genuine spiritual exploration.

I hope my story helped, and I hope we both mature like we want.

Dr. 0mni

Offlinedr0mni
My Own Messiah
 User Gallery

Loc: USF Tampa, Fl
Re: Help me kick my shroom habit, please [Re: dr0mni]
    #3570771 - 01/02/05 11:35 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

oh and also, DON'T PRECSCRIBE YOURSELF TO MOOD STABLIZING PHARMACUTICALS!!! (unless you really REALLY need them)

Everything you need to be in a regularly good mood is already in your brain. Popping pills is another habit that us Americans have gotten into in order to instantly quick-fix our lives. It is normal to be depressed, especially if your life is changing (and quitting psychedelics can be a BIG change). Unless you don't have everything you need in your head, and have a serious chemical imbalance, then you should never take anti-depressents or mood stablizers. Also, if you have a chemical imbalance you probably shouldn't eat psychedelics either. If your crazy, and your brain chems are fucked up, then it usually doesn't help to get crazy by putting fucked up chems in your brain.

peace

OfflineTantalus
Beyonddescription.
    #3570850 - 01/02/05 12:06 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

supernova said:
Thanks, Tantalus.  I was thinking of a prescription to increase my seratonin.  I'm wondering if taking so many shrooms doesn't mess with your seratonin production over time.  I'm sure it corrects itself, but it may take a while and in the meantime the only way to get back up is shrooms.  Just a theory.  I'll look into piracetam.  Thanks again.

Piracetam isn't prescription btw.  PM me if you want my source, you can buy it in bulk powder and get it much, much cheaper than buying pills from foreign sources.  AFAIK, it doesn't change seratonin levels.  It's also helped me smoke less pot and get more done.  :laugh:

You might want to be careful if you try ssri's.  I think I've tripped enough in my lifetime that it's somehow changed the way my body responds to seratonin.  Here's something I posted in a thread a while ago so I'm not repeating myself.  You might remember it, I see you replied to that thread. 

"I tried several ssri's (like prozac, ect.) before ever tripping on anything. I responded to them completly normally. Average doses, took the same amount of time to kick in as for other people. Then I never used them for several years & tripped many many times while not using any ssris. Now I can take 5 mg of prozac (1/2 of the lowest pill they make) and feel the difference for several days. I'm not saying it's a good difference, I barely sleep at all during that time b/c of the insomnia side effect of the prozac. And this is a drug you're supposed to take for a few weeks before feeling much.

I can take 1/4 of the smallest pill of lexapro made (another ssri) and feel it hit my nervous system about an hour later. It's so strong an effect for me there's no chance this is placebo. And this is another drug that you're supposed to take for weeks before it does much."

I don't think they'd hurt you or anything, but the insomnia is horrific.  Just from a scientific standpoint, I'd really like to know if you do try ssri's to see if maybe your trips might have had the same effect.  Most people will never trip as much as I had, but wasn't it you that I've seen posting about frequent 1/2 oz dry trips & stuff like that?  :smile:

Btw, I don't know how much exercise you get, but I've been working out hard lately, and it really helps my mood as well as helping me sleep better.  I was the buffest guy at the new year's party I went to, it felt pretty wierd  :crazy: lol.  Kinda sucks though, I'm a hippie but I cut my hair because it made authority figures so suspicious of me and I've been lifting.... I don't want the world to see me as a jock.  lol

Btw, if you do see a doc, you may want to ask about remeron, it's an anti-depressant that acts on the receptors themselves (closer to the mechanism of psychedelics than ssris).  It has a strong drowziness side effect, and sometimes I take it just to sleep better, I've not noticed a change in mood from it. 

Edit -- the dose (of remeron) I take for sleep is pretty low, I've heard of some terrible side effects at higher doses.  And it makes people real groggy in the morning unless they take it early.

--------------------
"A nation's hope of lasting peace cannot be firmly based upon any race in armaments but rather upon just relations and honest understanding with all other nations...

Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed... The cost of one modern heavy bomber is this: a modern brick school in more than 30 cities. We pay for a single fighter with a half million bushels of wheat. We pay for a single destroyer with new homes that could have housed more than 8,000 people..."

President Dwight Eisenhower, 1953

Edited by Tantalus (01/02/05 12:11 PM)

Offlinestefan
work in progress

Loc: The Netherlands
Re: Help me kick my shroom habit, please [Re: baraka]
    #3570923 - 01/02/05 12:32 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

baraka said:
Tripping 2-3 times is perfect I think.  Anymore and you start to burn out of the magicalness of the expierence.

a week, a month, a year...?

I think you mean a year :smirk:

InvisibleSupernova
Stranger
Male
Re: Help me kick my shroom habit, please [Re: stefan]
    #3571276 - 01/02/05 02:21 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

This has been some great advice from all of you. I went out this morning and let go of my shrooms. I had probably 3 or 4 pounds dried and just stored up. What a nutcase to think I should have all those shrooms. Anyhow, I put them back out in the field. It was very difficult. I was torn up, part of me saying do it, part saying don't, and another part saying do it but first dose. The part saying do it fortunately won out, and I feel much better just having gotten rid of them.

Here's my plan. I'm going on a juice fast for the next few days. I bought a juicer and a bunch of fruits and veggies and am planning to fast from last night until next Sat. evening. I want to avoid meds but will check out some supplements like those suggested. I also plan to get back into working out. I used to be heavily into running but my life has been so focused on mushrooms in the last while that I haven't gotten any exercise- I'd tell myself that hunting for shrooms was good exercise. I'm 5'9 and my weight goes between about 170 and 175. I'd like to get back to 160-165 toned. As soon as my fast is over I'm going back to a good diet of veggies, fruits, grains, fish, etc. No more fast food, or rarely at least. Finally, I'm planning a couple of trips this year and will be getting ready for them. I'd like to do MJ's trip if I can swing it. I have another trip planned in early July to go up into the San Juan mountains above Durango, CO with some buddies. I just ordered a new pair of Chaco Beckwith hiking boots for that and so I am committed now. Once I get back to work this week I'll have to plan out my calendar and hopefully can take two weeks in Sept. to go to Thailand. That sounds so amazing.

It's a new year, and that's a great time to turn things around. Thanks to everyone for the inspiration.

Offlineholio1
intense

Loc: toronto son
    #3575610 - 01/03/05 04:23 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

sounds like its going good for you, you were dosing a lot before, but at least not for all the wrong reasons

twice a year may be a bit infrequent, but by all means do it if you can, especially for this first year. i don't know for how long you had been tripping so often or your past experiance with other psychedelics, but it may be tough

i think it would have been nice to do one sort of concluding trip when you put the mushrooms back, but then again you should just try to stay clean for now

about the other drugs, i would try to stay off anything and just see how you feel after being clean for a while. if it is getting really bad then look into help

InvisibleSupernova
Stranger
Male
Re: Help me kick my shroom habit, please [Re: holio1]
    #3575755 - 01/03/05 04:59 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

I'm doing good today. I'm back in my office and was going through some stuff and found a stash. That's the way these things go. NO matter how hard I try the stuff is always finding me. I did get rid of it though. I'm on a juice fast, and I actually feel great this afternoon. I've been doing it for 48 hours now. This morning I almost broke down. I was hungry as a bear waking from hibernation. But I withstood and this evening I have kind of a buzz going. Feeling really good. I recommend this to anyone who is trying to kick any habit. Makes you feel in control of things.

InvisibleSupernova
Stranger
Male
    #3648937 - 01/19/05 03:21 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

OK, well, what can I say. I fell off the wagon only a short time into my attempt to stop. I've shroomed about once a week this year already, but last week was a trip that will go down in history as the one that completed my shroom journey. I learned not to say that I will never do shrooms again. I wont even say that I will not do them tomorrow. But I can honestly say that I will not do mushrooms ever again without my brother. He and I had the most incredible trip last week. It was the most incredible thing to completely bond with another person during a trip. I don't think I completely knew what it was to totally lose my identity. During this trip I died and was reborn. He and I were complete submerged into each other's subconciousness. I have a hard time describing what occurred, but in the end it is basically that we became one. We dreamed together. I felt what he felt, and he felt what I felt. We touched each other's souls, and our souls mixed. There were times where I felt as though my soul had left my body and entered his. At times I was a part of both. Other times we were part of something bigger than the both of us. There was an energy that flowed through the two of us that seemed to come from each other and from everything.

Anyhow, I think we both knew going into this trip that it was what was needed to help us get over our abuse of drugs, as well as other problems. Two nights after our shroom trip we took two tabs of E a piece and opened up to one another about what we wanted to do this year, what our problems were, what we had experienced during our trip two nights before, and lots more. We made an oath to one another that we'd only use shrooms together in the future. I intend to keep that oath. It has been years since I have felt so free.

I just wanted to share this with all of you because of all the advice you gave me on this thread.

InvisibleJettaJay
PsychedelicStranger
 User Gallery

#3651342 - 01/19/05 11:52 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

You have a new PM Bro !!!

--------------------
I saw a little green light buzzing around in a tree, and it dawned on me that "they" were here
~~~LouiseLouise

InvisibleLouiseLouise
starstruck
Male User Gallery

Loc: Searching w/my good eye c...
Re: Help me kick my shroom habit, please [Re: JettaJay]
    #3652454 - 01/20/05 06:25 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

I feel ya supernova. I know the phase exactly.
To the point where I've experienced this with pot too. By reading your posts, trip reports and all, I have come to realize some things about my own self.
Though I have been lucky enough to never be truly "addicted", other than pot, I have quite a list of drugs that I have abused to it's (or my) extreme. Including alcohol, glue, nitrous, pills (speed, downers), the list goes on and on.
Point being, I like the ride that I go on. I don't know if you see this, but, I would like to remind you to watch out for those, shall we call them, "record trips". Seems to me like when I know the end is near, There are always these "record trips" they just come out of the wood work, when I'm not even thinking about it.
Did that make any sense? :confused:

:peace:

--------------------
"That's why you get in close to them, and then take the picture!! Don't be a pussy!" ~CC

InvisibleSupernova
Stranger
Male
Re: Help me kick my shroom habit, please [Re: LouiseLouise]
    #3652475 - 01/20/05 06:42 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

louise- yeah, i know what you mean about those things coming up on you when you're not expecting or even looking for them.  If it happens it happens.  In the meantime, I'm just looking forward one day at a time, focusing on everything positive.  I'm looking to get into yoga and focus more on exercise, reading, and work.  If I could get as addicted to those things as I can get to chemicals, I'd be one in shape brainiac workaholic.  :smile:

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates