Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineBirdos
Zeppelinism

Loc: Australia
Opinions on death/afterlife?
    #3570121 - 01/02/05 04:37 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Hello all..  :thumbup:

I was lying in bed the other night and I was in that half concious state you get just before you fall asleep, and I believed for a second that I was in the period of time where you are entering the "afterlife".

Now how many of you out there honestly believe that there truley is an afterlife type state that we progress into? and if so, what is it, where is it, How long does it last? etc etc..

I am thinking that most of you all would be rather open minded so I thought I would get some decent replys..

Anyways just a few bedtime stoned thoughts I decided to share, peace.  Birdos. :thumbup:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineexclusive58
illegal alien

Re: Opinions on death/afterlife? [Re: Birdos]
    #3570329 - 01/02/05 07:31 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

I think i believe in something like "after life", but if it exists, it is way beyond our comprehension ability, so personally i would rather live my life instead of wondering about its end.

Its probably a thousand times stranger (as in unknown to us) than that half conscious state of mind you experienced.

Think along the lines of: pure energy of consciousness

--------------------

OfflineGomp
¡(Bound to·(O))be free!
Male User Gallery

Loc: I re·side [primarily] in...
Re: Opinions on death/afterlife? [Re: exclusive58]
    #3570383 - 01/02/05 08:03 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

afterlife is a dream :P
there you know everything and chose yourself, or fall in despair and create a hell to live eternally, it is free will we are, just get it :P

--------------------

--------------------
Disclaimer!?

InvisibleSkorpivoMusterion
Livin in theTwilight Zone...
 User Gallery

Loc: You can't spell fungus wi...
Re: Opinions on death/afterlife? [Re: Birdos]
    #3570399 - 01/02/05 08:12 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

I avoid to follow a utopian conjecture of an afterlife where our egos continue to survive. One not need look very far to see that this type of belief stems from fear; egoic fear/desire, and is not based on objective criteria.

If there is any afterlife, I don't think it is actually something that we 'advance' or 'graduate' to as certain religious dogmas would like to believe; but rather something we go 'back' to.
Following this line, one can see that if one wishes to know the original is, one must not 'become', or 'gain' the known; but to 'let go', or release the known.. for all what is known, arose up from the original, and must come back down to the original from which it arose; so in this sense the original can be symbolized as the ?Ground'. But don't become attached to these words or any abstractions, ideas, and concepts; they are not equal to the actual reality to which they all point towards.
"When Jesus pointed, everybody looked at his finger."

Going back to what was said in relation to fear.. For a mind to be burdened with fear, with conformity, with the thinker, there can be no understanding of that which may be called the original is. We have said it is God - but that again is a word invented by human beings in their fear, in their misery, in their desire to escape from life. When the human mind is free from all of fear, then, in demanding to know what the original is, it is not seeking its own pleasure, or a means of escape, and therefore in that inquiry all authority ceases. Do you understand? The authority of the speaker, the authority of the church, the authority of opinion, of knowledge, of experience, of what people say - all that completely comes to an end, and there is no obedience. It is only such a mind that can find out for itself what the original is - find out, not as an individual mind, but as a total human being. There is no 'individual' mind at all - we are all totally related. Please understand this. The mind is not something separate; it is a total mind. We are all conforming, we are all afraid, we are all escaping. And to understand - not as an individual, but as a total human being - what the original is, one must understand the totality of man's misery, all the concepts, all the formulas that he has invented through the centuries. It is only when there is freedom from all this that you can find out whether there is an original something. Otherwise we are secondhand human beings; and because we are secondhand, counterfeit human beings, there is no ending to sorrow. So the ending of sorrow is in essence the beginning of the original. But the understanding that brings about the ending of sorrow is not just an understanding of your particular sorrow, or my particular sorrow, because your sorrow and my sorrow are related to the whole sorrow of mankind. This is not mere sentiment or emotionalism; it is an actual fact, brutal fact. When we understand the whole structure of sorrow and thereby bring about the ending of sorrow, there is then a possibility of coming upon that strange something that is the origin of all life - not in a test tube, as the scientist discovers it, but there is the coming into being in that strange energy that is always exploding. That energy has no movement in any direction, and therefore it explodes.

Let go.. release all beliefs.. and flow in serenity.

--------------------
Coffee should be black as hell, strong as death, and sweet as love.

Edited by SkorpivoMusterion (01/02/05 08:28 AM)

Anonymous

Re: Opinions on death/afterlife? [Re: SkorpivoMusterion]
    #3578913 - 01/04/05 10:05 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Yes, only when you're free of fear can you even begin to seriously cotemplate death and what may lie beyond. It's a bit of a paradox.

It's odd how hardly anyone contemplates what happened before birth. The veil of seperation is a funny thing, and the joke is on us.

And when I think of death, a quote comes to mind...

"This is going to feel a little weird."
-Morpheus

OfflineDroz
Love of Life
 User Gallery

Loc: Floorida
Re: Opinions on death/afterlife? [Re: ]
    #3579314 - 01/04/05 12:15 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

I think that when we die our spirit is set free to wonder eternity in a different sort of dimension so to speak. We get ghosts from spirits that aren't set free. That are stuck here half way. I feel somehow that i will be stuck here half way to haunt those that spend their time being cruel to me. Namely and firstmost the christians. Who feel the need to damn me for being part or maybe even full indian.
My ways are held sacred and i do believe we get reincarnated.

--------------------
Evolution of Time.

Offlineleturheadread
pupil
 User Gallery

Re: Opinions on death/afterlife? [Re: Droz]
    #3580170 - 01/04/05 03:39 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Droz said:
I think that when we die our spirit is set free to wonder eternity in a different sort of dimension so to speak. We get ghosts from spirits that aren't set free. That are stuck here half way. I feel somehow that i will be stuck here half way to haunt those that spend their time being cruel to me. Namely and firstmost the christians. Who feel the need to damn me for being part or maybe even full indian.
My ways are held sacred and i do believe we get reincarnated.

how do christains give u shit for being indian and why do they do this? i christain and also part Indain should i hate myself? why would u want to sink to the level of those who have made your life hell instead of growing and moving on, are you to bitter or dare i say weak to let go. Any loser can hold a grudge it takes a strong person to forgive and let go.

--------------------
"Im the conundrummer in a band called Life Puzzler" RENAGADE ANGEL
-trip trip along
spend your day
don't spend it all
trip trip
trip but don't fall-

Invisiblemabus
anguish this!

Re: Opinions on death/afterlife? [Re: leturheadread]
    #3581915 - 01/04/05 10:10 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

I don't think there is an afterlife. Your short little burst is what you got. Thats why Beamer said "Lets Roll".

--------------------

http://www.sacredshrooms.org

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck