Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineMANNALORD
Vagabond Ninjafor Hire
Loc: F- R
Mind Modulations
    #356634 - 07/18/01 01:43 AM (22 years, 8 months ago)

There is an ad, in the shroomery bbs for a website called, www.mindmodulations.com they show products that sound absolutely incredible. I would just plain love to have that shit, but to use those things tripping? holy shit that would be nuts, has anyone ever used these things? plz tell

Shit dont happen till you step in it.

--------------------
Live and Die in FALL RIVER

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineGrimace
enthusiast
Loc: Oregon
Re: Mind Modulations [Re: MANNALORD]
    #356968 - 07/18/01 07:59 PM (22 years, 8 months ago)

They look like a gimic to me. And man are they expensive or what? I know for a fact that the technology used in those things is not that specialized. I believe it is similar to midi controls, used by lots of audio/visual programs.
They should be selling for under $75. I don't know many people that would pay the price they are asking for. Has anyone even tried one before?
Just my two cents though. They could be great for all I know.

Grimace

"Is there anyway of knowing........which direction we are going?!! Yes!"
Mr. Wonka

--------------------
"Is there anyway of knowing........which direction we are going?!! Yes!"
Mr. Wonka

Offlinealuminum_can
addict
Loc: california, orange
    #358072 - 07/20/01 10:42 PM (22 years, 8 months ago)

its not like trippen. ive never used one but they say it lets you see bright vivid colors when you close youre eyes. that would be cool if acid wasnt so cheap.

just because you stick feathers up youre butt does not make you a chicken.

--------------------
the little kridders of nature; they dont know that thyre ugly!

OfflineTrine
focs, the

Re: Mind Modulations [Re: aluminum_can]
    #358111 - 07/20/01 11:58 PM (22 years, 8 months ago)

Hmmmm. Well i've heard all about these 'wonderful' things before and well.... what can i say. if you go download CoolEdit from Syntrillium, you can make the same sound wave thingies... all it is is static with wave mixed at a certain frequency, which... well.. if you listen to this stereo signal at say 15Hz, (cycles per second for the non computer-literate) then after about 15 minutes your brainwaves will also be at about 15Hz. so it does alter your state of mind, but the lights are just rice. unless they're also at whatever Hz, then they're only pretty lights. i've tried the soundwaves thing and although it works, i find it gives me a headache, and prevents you from sleeping. well... when you listen to it before going to bed. which is dumb because if your brain is working slower and more relaxed then it should be easier..... *shrugs*

--------------------
:kodama:

InvisibleBaron
Brain Squeegee
Loc: FL
Re: Mind Modulations [Re: Grimace]
    #360038 - 07/24/01 12:32 PM (22 years, 8 months ago)

I haven't tried the true Mind Modulation machines before, but read their site and what they had to say about Red and Green strobing lights causing different patterns, visions, and colors behind closed eyes, so I decided to try a home-made version of one.

My girlfriend had purchased some battery-powered glowing wands (red and green) which strobe under a setting. So I put on Spacetime Continuum with Terrence McKenna through some REALLY good headphones, closed my eyes, and pointed the strobing ends at my eyelids, and let 'er go.

I definitely had some closed-eye visuals, and I was stone sober. I saw dragons, and rainbows, hands, hallways, explosions, stars, flowers, all different colors. Anyways, I'd say that the theory of the Mind Modulations is sound, based on that experience, but I've never tried the real thing.

------------------------
We need a poetry contest to see how long the road is.

--------------------
Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed through a slow vibration, we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, life is only a dream and we are the imaginations of ourselves. Here's Tom with the weather.

OfflineL3D
enthusiast
    #366244 - 08/03/01 11:15 AM (22 years, 7 months ago)

I had built one that hooks up to the computer.
Used it for about 2 weeks now i have nto touched it in over 2 years. Might bring it back out to try wth some shrooms though it might be neat if your tripping already.
Best way i can describe it is this.
It is like being a passanger in a car and closeing your eyes on a sunny day when the sun is coeming through the trees. if you have ever done that and seen the patterens that start to form that is what those machines do.
Over all it was not bad for the $15 i spent to build one but i would never pay $150 for one

L3D

Offlinealuminum_can
addict
Loc: california, orange
    #366403 - 08/03/01 04:09 PM (22 years, 7 months ago)

i once downloaded this screensaver and when you looked ine the middle for 30 sec and then you looked at a wall it made the wall "melt". that was the closest to trippen while not under the influence ive ever been.

if one drinks too much from a bottle marked pioson, it is most certain to dissaprove one sooner or later.

--------------------
the little kridders of nature; they dont know that thyre ugly!

OfflinegeokillsA
∙∙∙∙☼ º¿° ☼∙∙∙∙
Male User Gallery

Loc: city of angels
Re: Mind Modulations [Re: aluminum_can]
    #367483 - 08/06/01 12:15 AM (22 years, 7 months ago)

yea - i've seen that spiral swirling thing (black & white, right?) that makes the walls go crazy - saw two types... one made the wall buldge out (or whatever you looked at) and the other made everything wiggle like a bucket of worms. :cool:

?        ?  ? -????? O ?????-? ?  ?        ?
      Weed Legalization Freedom Fighter
        ?        ?  ? -????? O ?????-? ?  ?        ?

--------------------

--------------------
··∙   long live the shroomery  ∙··
...π╥ ╥π...

OfflineHB
Male User Gallery

Re: Mind Modulations [Re: geokills]
    #367728 - 08/06/01 02:21 PM (22 years, 7 months ago)

lol i burned myself out just using that spiral thing -- i can't bear to look at it anymore because everytime i do the spiral image gets burned into my eyes for about 10 minutes ... guess i should stick to the real drugs

We're all MADD here...

OfflineAnagathka

Loc: Canaduh
Re: Mind Modulations [Re: HB]
    #368061 - 08/07/01 02:49 AM (22 years, 7 months ago)

There are many different computer simulations that do the same thing. I remember the very first program I had, back in 1995. It was called "Computer Drugs" and it was a DOS program. I have found several others over the years. The best one i've found so far is one simply called "Brainwave generator" (www.bwgen.com). This one uses both sight and sound to induce brainwave modulation.

OfflineTrauM
Poker Player

Loc: North America
Re: Mind Modulations [Re: Anagathka]
    #368822 - 08/08/01 03:05 PM (22 years, 7 months ago)

The staff at mindmodulations.com have made a corporate tool to take your money in exchange for cheap labour.

My friend ordered some expensive shit from there and was disappointed with the products they sell..I've heard many bad things, and I wouldn't recommend ordering anything from them.

Catch me @ lunarpages.com/traum

--------------------
Oh what a tangled web we weave when we practise to deceive..

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag