Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineinfamous
LeArnin ThARoPes
 User Gallery

Loc: dark side of the moon
My Setup, Anything Wrong/Advice???? **pics**
    #3562313 - 12/30/04 05:21 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

:mushroom2: :mushroom2: :mushroom2: :mushroom2: :mushroom2:

still waiting on : (2) Digi thermometers, I have a normal one mounted inside the closet usual temp for the closet is 79 F and about 40-47% RH, also waiting on (3) Digital Hygrometers for inside of incubator, fruiting chamber and the closet itself, 150 watt aquarium heater for the TnT setup, and a humidifier. Setup should be completed within the next day. I have 2 pint and 2 half pint jars colonizing in a regular incubator that ill be transferring to the TnT.. I was gonna try some casings in the TnT as well after the jars are done colonizing. Any Advice, Anything Im doing wrong or any friendly critisim is much appreciated. Thanks :mushroom2: :mushroom2:

--------------------
The land of the free on paper looks great!

here I stand head in hand turn my face to the wall

Edited by infamous (12/30/04 06:27 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinehyphae
born to grow
 User Gallery

Loc: the rain forests
Trusted Cultivator
Re: My Setup, Anything Wrong/Advice???? **pics** [Re: infamous]
    #3562453 - 12/30/04 06:12 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

"I was gonna try some casings in the TnT as well after the jars are done colonizing."
If your gonna do casings you have the option of birthing your jars  crumbling and creating your casings then with a thin casing layer soak down (near saturation) and place immediately into that fruiting chamber of yours. I have to say it all looks pretty damn good bro :wink: One thing, with that light and incubator going all the time your temps may not benefit fruiting, remember 74-77F. is optimum for cubies. GL

--------------------
Getting the most out of your casings!, A pinning strategy.
Oyster Shell "Flour" $2 for 1lb. a hell of a deal :wink:
Not what is overlay but rather what overlay is
Gas Exchange vs. FAE

"We all have priorities. I used a closet once setup a nice little lab trouble was all the shit that was in there ended up in the bedroom that pissed off the GF then I ended up dumping her as she was getting in the way of my sterile culture technique! Ya I got priorities too!!!"

Offlineinfamous
LeArnin ThARoPes
 User Gallery

Re: My Setup, Anything Wrong/Advice???? **pics** [Re: hyphae]
    #3562494 - 12/30/04 06:26 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

it gets to be about 35-42F at night were I live so Im not ancipating heat to be a problem (I can leave that light on for 12 hours straight and squeeze the bulb with my hand (barely puts out any heat) :smile:, and if heat did become a problem I was going to build some sort of wall inbetween the fruiting chamber and the TnT as a heat block of sorts.

well see how thing go

--------------------

Edited by infamous (12/30/04 06:30 PM)

Offlineinfamous
LeArnin ThARoPes
 User Gallery

#3562515 - 12/30/04 06:32 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

forgot to mention that info all the recorded temps Iv taken that factored into my usual room temp were taken during the day.

--------------------

Offlinehyphae
born to grow
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #3562521 - 12/30/04 06:33 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Then you should consider cold being a bigger problem then at those temps you will stall most growth. You mentioned 79F temps, are those constant or what? was that with the setup going 24/7 for at least 2-3 days, also remember inside the grow chamber can be a couple of degrees higher than ambient air temps. One very important thing mushrooms don't like change (fact) they love consistency especially when it's in their optimum range :wink: again GL

--------------------
Gas Exchange vs. FAE

"We all have priorities. I used a closet once setup a nice little lab trouble was all the shit that was in there ended up in the bedroom that pissed off the GF then I ended up dumping her as she was getting in the way of my sterile culture technique! Ya I got priorities too!!!"

Offlineinfamous
LeArnin ThARoPes
 User Gallery

#3562538 - 12/30/04 06:42 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

once I get my digi therm and hygrometer ill be able to set up the temp and humidity controls, Just working with what Iv got so far. I got a week or two before my jars are fully colonized in the styrofoam incubator im using right now so thatll give me time to set everything up to par. Ill be sure to focus on temp consistancy (thanks for the advice). (ill also be monitoring Room, Fruiting chamber, and incubator Temp and RH so Ill have my bases covered) :stoned:

Thanks to all the peepz that have been helpin me along the way!!!!!

--------------------

InvisibleADoobie
AdoobieShroomery
Male
Loc: I moved!
    #3562570 - 12/30/04 06:50 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Good looking stuff bud. Nice clean sharp setup. Everything is where it should be.

If there is anything to question, it is that fan. Is it supposed to be used in place there, or is it just hanging out? The reason I ask is that if you are planning on using it for circulation in that closet, you are talking about a contam BOMB. The carpet is the source - the fan is the external driving force. The green shit growing on casings is the "mushroom cloud" so to speak.

Just something to keep in mind if you are getting hot and decide to kick it on...

Other than that; your setup looks a hell of a lot more civilized than mine. *shrug*...I guess the THC makes me paranoid enough to keep things pretty clean in the sense of bacteria...but I'll be damned if I am not the LAZIEST person when it comes to aesthetics :|

--------------------
ADoobie said:
I know what strikes me as odd about this. It is totally unnatural. The whole idea is just totally backwards.

So are historians going to look back at 'The Great Cake Eaters'? Damn. That was a backwards step in the evolutionary process. We left Shroomheads in the dust. Welcome to the new age of Vermheads.

VvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVv

I ONLY STUDY legal, edible mushrooms and mycology. Any mention of any other kind of mushroom is purely fictional, and pictures are ripped from the internet. I do not grow mushrooms!

Offlinehyphae
born to grow
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #3562622 - 12/30/04 07:01 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Good point a sheet of plastic over that carpet would be the ticket also (contam condom) :wink: other than that infamous you sound like you have a plan and thats why you'll succeed, GL. BTW if I didn't say it before I'll say it now, Welcome! Heres also something that will help you out, Getting the most out of your casings!, A pinning strategy.

--------------------
Gas Exchange vs. FAE

OfflineLaughingJim
Anti-Toxin
 User Gallery

Loc: USA, ( CT )
    #3562695 - 12/30/04 07:21 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

I would place the light higher, so it doesn't interfere with the lid opening... and possibly add a couple of bungee cords hanging from both sides of the light... So you can suspend your lid while harvesting/fanning/cleaning.

You might also want to tape some 6-mill. plastic around the whole lid edge... hanging down about 8-inches from the top, around the outside of the container. That will help limit contams from falling in while the lid is held open, and give you a curtain to your hands while they are in there. (This way you can still move it out of the way when it is realy needed.)

Looks great, by the way!

You also might want to invest in the "Foamular" or "Polar" pollyethelene/styrofoam insulation boards to line your closet with. At the least, use the foil bubble wrap stuff... (Just don't staple it in place, use (1" X 1") wood to build a removable frame, staple to that. (1" X 2") will work well also. You can use cheap brackets to hold the frame together, then staple to that. A little more complex than insulation board, but a lot cheaper, and just as effective if you are trying to keep heat in.

That should severly help reduce heat loss, so you are not trying to heat your whole house from that closet, with a fishtank heater.

--------------------
Don't forget to RATE us if you think we are offering GOOD or BAD advice, Thank-you!

I participate in the PROTEIN FOLDING PROGRAM helping the shroomery to help others,
FOLDING.STANFORD.EDU
I support www.shroomery.org (Team # 12679)

Offlineinfamous
LeArnin ThARoPes
 User Gallery

#3562702 - 12/30/04 07:22 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

yea the fans just hanging out for now, Iv been disinfecting the closet three times a day for the past 2 days so that when i start ill be as contam free as possible Ill go out and get that plastic too as well since I know itll be cheap and will help a great deal ( thanks on pointing that out!!)

P.S. you cant see em but there are two Hepa air cleaners in each corner of the closet and an ionizer.

--------------------

Offlinejackel235
Highroller
    #3562903 - 12/30/04 08:09 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

u know my pmp is on carpet to do i need to lay plastic to under it.TIT is carpet also

InvisibleDety
Old No.7
Folding@home Statistics
    #3563041 - 12/30/04 08:58 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Looks good so far keep us updated!

Good luck  :heart:

Offlineinfamous
LeArnin ThARoPes
 User Gallery

#3563043 - 12/30/04 08:58 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Thanks for the great advice laughingjim, the idea about the plastic hood around the lid is awesome I have to use that one. Ill lift the light a tad bit higher as well. Again thanks.

--------------------

Offlineinfamous
LeArnin ThARoPes
 User Gallery

#3563519 - 12/30/04 10:55 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Update, i put a hook in the wall so I can prop the top open without it falling on my head and I put plastic around the entire perimeter of the floor and taped all sides and ends(and sterilized floor). Although I dont have thick enough plastic to make the hood yet. Ill get around to that tommorrow :smile:

:mushroom2: :mushroom2: :mushroom2: :mushroom2:

--------------------

Offlineinfamous
LeArnin ThARoPes
 User Gallery

#3563863 - 12/31/04 12:09 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

**UPDATE**

I just found this old humidifier so Im gonna hook it up (seems to be a cool mist :smile: ) Ill throw this in, I plan on having a PickleJar Humidifier in the fruiting chamber as well considering this cheapo doesnt seem to put out enough humidity(and very cool humidity at that) ill throw some warmer water in If I have problems with temp.

I threw a dryer hose on the humidifer and lifted it above the fruiting chamber so the humidity will push the carbon monoxide out :thumbup:.

--------------------

Offlinedjred

#3563875 - 12/31/04 12:14 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

damn those fucking pics are huge..good idea on the tub n tub fruiting chamber so it's not so open for everyone to notice who may comeover..

Offlinehyphae
born to grow
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #3564470 - 12/31/04 07:26 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

"I threw a dryer hose on the humidifer and lifted it above the fruiting chamber so the humidity will push the carbon monoxide out"
I believe you are referring to CO2 (carbon dioxide). Still some form of fresh air exchange will be necessary if you want any type of respectable harvests. It's good to see your trying to do it right right off the bat! :wink: GL

--------------------
Gas Exchange vs. FAE

Offlineinfamous
LeArnin ThARoPes
 User Gallery

#3568177 - 01/01/05 12:48 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

thanx on the correction, I have intake/exhaust fans running 3 times a day for 15 mins at a time, it seems to be working good.  :smile:

--------------------

Edited by infamous (01/01/05 12:49 PM)

Offlineinfamous
LeArnin ThARoPes
 User Gallery

#3569096 - 01/01/05 08:57 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

just inoculate 1 jar of Golden Teachers, and 1 jar of Blue Meanies (1pint wide mouth). Let you know when I see signs of myc.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds