Home | Community | Message Board

Magic Mushrooms Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleMystikMushroom
I RULE YOU!
String Cheese Incident
    #3563387 - 12/30/04 10:32 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

I realize there is a seperate HUGE thread about music, however I feel that this band deserves more than just a "bump" inside a 10-page-megalithic post. I wanted to share the joy of this band with the entire community.

I'm sure some on here have listened to SCI, but for those who haven't, I HIGHLY recomend it.

I can remember my first lvl 5 trip. I didn't have any music CD's with me, and I was outside at a campfire. At one point I lost all visual ability and started hearing the song, "Mountain Girl". In this song there are voices that overlap int he background. I kept hearing it over and over. I realize now why I was hearing it...

The music is mostly jam-style/bluegrass, it's mindblowing because on a good, positive trip it just gives you the feeling of "celebrating life".

Those of you out there that have had a glimpse of the other side and know that there is a higher collective consciousness will apreciate this music. I feel as if the artists themselves are enlightened in a way. It's strange, after my last trip I've been able to "see" that some people are still in the dark, and others are at differing levels of "awakening". Latley I've only been listening to music by those that have begun to awaken.

The song "Mountain Girl" kept playing in my head that one night, over and over. The next day I thought, "must have been an auditory hallucination". My most recent trip, I was "drawn" outside to where I had parked my car to get the "Untying The Knot" CD out of my car.

When "Mountain Girl" came on this time, my trip partners and I started to smile and feel amused. This song is a parody, or a "joke" to the higher consciousness. It seemed to be an earthly impersonation of "the other side" and there was an overwhelming sence of humor in it.

I'm nuts about SCI, I'm almost scared to buy a Phish CD now because of how drawn into the subculture and music i've become just with SCI. I'm not sure i'm ready for the commitment to a band as big as Phish.  :shocked:

My trip partners who had never heard SCI now are eagerly asking me where to get the CD's, and if I can make them a copy of some songs. Both these people are for the most part mainstream music people...If they had an instant reaction to it, maybe some of you will as well.

I belive SCI is great trip music. It can propell you deep into the halways of your mind, or help you "cellebrate" being alive. Several times I almost wanted to jump up and start dancing with careless abandon. How many times a week do you just jump up, start dancing with such pure joy in your heart, the kind of joy that makes you feel like you could die right now and not even care, the kind of joy that makes you feel like this world was made just for you to play inside of.

This is the kind of vibe SCI gives me, and I think it'll give it to you as well...if you let it.  :thumbup:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleDark_Star
train driver pervading a desktop
Male User Gallery

Loc: Uranus
Re: String Cheese Incident [Re: MystikMushroom]
    #3563638 - 12/30/04 11:12 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Hell yeah, I discovered SCI this summer.......they are def. something special, no other band has made me feel the way they do. As far as the scene around them goes, it's incredible, I fucking love it.....i'm planning on finding some people can touring with them for a while. Great post!  :laugh: :thumbup: :sun: :dancing: :flowerchild:

--------------------

Invisiblewandrnshaman
old hand
Loc: Pinellas Co, FL
Re: String Cheese Incident [Re: Dark_Star]
    #3563668 - 12/30/04 11:18 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

haha, yeah great post and imo, SCI is better than Phish (in the last few years anyway, I love Trey and the boys but...)I can't wait to catch them again in a couple of months down here.

InvisibleDark_Star
Male User Gallery

Re: String Cheese Incident [Re: wandrnshaman]
    #3563683 - 12/30/04 11:23 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Yeah I agree....def. better then Phish, and the scene is better too. I don't know how to describe this....but SCI has this....energy around them, ever since the first note, I knew these guys are the ones i've been waiting for. I love Phish too.....and I love the Dead, but they aren't the same anymore. SCI......well, when I got into the Dead and Phish it was already too late (scene-wise, and as far as the Dead goes, it was after Jerry died so....) I always envied those who got to follow both of them in the old days. Well, SCI is my chance, i'm so fucking excited!

--------------------

InvisibleMystikMushroom
I RULE YOU!
Re: String Cheese Incident [Re: Dark_Star]
    #3563807 - 12/30/04 11:54 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Holy S*IT!!

You guys both nailed it on the head. The first time I heard these guys I was instantly feeling somthing new, refreshing and diffrent. There was an "energy" about their music that was so positive, so joyfull that I had to buy all their CDs.

If the higher planes of existance had a party, they'd be playing SCI...

The lyrics to one of my fav. SCI songs, "Wake Up" just gives me a "haunting" feeling of positive energy and the "ultimate trip". The music alone helps me hold onto that indescribable feeling of euphoria that I was lucky enough to share that night last summer.

I'll leave with some lyrics from that song that really seem to say to me that some of the guys in SCI have tripped...HARD.

"This song is for the people living this dream
Their minds twisted in an endless scream
We're walking through a graveyard, the wind howling through the trees
We've got to wake up soon or life will pass by like a breeze"

OfflineRainbowDrops
Technicolormindsets &prismed sweatbeads
Female

Loc: Florida
    #3566200 - 12/31/04 05:44 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

:heart: SCI  :heart: oh yeah.....

--------------------
mmmm, spacecake

Offlinebluedolphin

Re: String Cheese Incident [Re: RainbowDrops]
    #3567709 - 01/01/05 06:43 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

SCI is good stuff... but better than Phish? Hehe, not even close!

MystikMushroom I can't believe you're a String Cheese fan who hasn't listened to Phish. I'm sure you will love it.

OfflineArf
Mcgoo

Re: String Cheese Incident [Re: bluedolphin]
    #3567984 - 01/01/05 10:53 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

i have to agree with blue dolphin there SCI are pretty damn good but they aint got nothin on phish!

OfflineRainbowDrops
Female

Re: String Cheese Incident [Re: Arf]
    #3568147 - 01/01/05 12:33 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

How 'bout Oysterhead?

--------------------
mmmm, spacecake

OfflineMycoJunkie
Psilanthropist

Loc: .4merica
    #3568222 - 01/01/05 01:19 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Ive been checking SCI out on amazon.com since I doubt I could find them at any locals (Borders, Barnes and Noble's selections suck for the most part). Which albums do you suggest? What songs, besides Mountain Girl?

--------------------
:cussing::whip:

OfflineInjectTruth
Wasting my Time,Waiting for theEnd
Male

Loc: New Jerusalem
    #3568227 - 01/01/05 01:23 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Oysterhead is the shit! Les is the man in his own right, as well.

--------------------
On a personal level, Freaking Out is a process whereby an
individual casts off outmoded and restricting standars of
thinking, dress, and social etiquette in order to express
CREATIVELY his relationship to his immediate environment and
the social structure as a whole.

http://www.OrganicPharming.com - Ethno Shopping Portal

Offlinerunawayjim
Kickin'Crosstown

Re: String Cheese Incident [Re: InjectTruth]
    #3568441 - 01/01/05 04:00 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

SCI are definitely a praise worthy band, not too long ago (nov. 26th) i saw them live and robert randolph (if u dont know em, go buy a cd hes incredible) and i tripped at the show. and of course i inhaled mass amounts of pot smoke ... great great night at the tweeter center

--------------------

...Free Your Mind And your ass will follow....
~funkadelic~

Offlinekosmic_charlie
Truckin' in style
Male User Gallery

Loc: Deep Elem
    #3568695 - 01/01/05 05:44 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Yeah SCI is a great band. I haven't heard much of their studio stuff though, mostly just their live stuff. You definitely owe it to yourself to give Phish a try. As far as studio albums go I HIGHLY recommend Rift, Junta and Picture of Nectar. What SCI albums do you recommend?

--------------------

Goin' where the water tastes like wine.

InvisibleDark_Star
Male User Gallery

Re: String Cheese Incident [Re: runawayjim]
    #3569097 - 01/01/05 08:57 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Hell yeah, I was at that show...it was classic!  DOn't get me wrong, I love Phish......but SCI is something else!  :laugh: :sun: :thumbup:

--------------------

OfflineRainbowDrops
Female

Re: String Cheese Incident [Re: MycoJunkie]
    #3574037 - 01/03/05 01:40 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Have you checked out .shn's? You need a converter to .wav files but it's free, free, free. Burnin' all the time...especially good for jam bands. Go here for a good selection: http://www.archive.org/audio/etree.php

& get the converter from etree.org

Good times &-a burnin'

--------------------
mmmm, spacecake

InvisibleHendostan
I'm a teapot

#3574049 - 01/03/05 01:47 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

:cheers: i love SCI, as well as Phish, but it's hard to compare them. Phish is gone and the memories and music still rock, but SCI is new and growing. the scene keeps gaining energy, and it's cool to be a part of what could be the next "big thing" i guess.
p.s. oysterhead!!!! yaaaahhhh! they groove so hard it hurts, i love it :headbang:

OfflineDeviate
Re: String Cheese Incident [Re: Hendostan]
    #3574094 - 01/03/05 02:17 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

i found out about string cheese incident one week after they left my town. now i love them but their music always makes me sad cause it reminds that i missed their show by a week.

OfflineDimmy
Josephacetious
 User Gallery

Loc: Georgia
Re: String Cheese Incident [Re: Deviate]
    #3580889 - 01/04/05 06:11 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

all i can say is that i love Untying The Not by SCI. too bad i haven't really heard much else but that one album has me sold. they are definatly an amazing band and i can't wait untill i get a chance to see em live.

--------------------
:goose:

Offlineshroommachine
Stranger
Male User Gallery
Re: String Cheese Incident [Re: Dimmy]
    #3582874 - 01/05/05 03:10 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

one of my cousins told me about the string cheese incident. I laughed and it sounded like it would be a crappy band. She flew to new your to see their show on new years. I personaly am wondering if there will be a chance of finding some acid at the show their having in floroda in a few months. This lsd drought is lasting longer than anyone expected. I'm becoming very worried that i got turned on just before it dissapeared. The demand is huge, especially considering that MDMA has dropped in quality so drasticly. Anyway let me know.

--------------------
And I said, I don't care if they lay me off either, because I told, I told Bill that if they move my desk one more time, then, then I'm, I'm quitting, I'm going to quit. And, and I told Don too, because they've moved my desk ...four times already this year and I used to be over by the window and I could see the squirrels, and they were merry, but then, they switched from the Swingline to the Boston stapler, but I kept my Swingline stapler because it didn't bind up as much and I kept the staples for the Swingline stapler and its not okay because if they take my stapler then I'll set the building on fire.

OfflineHesGone
Stranger
Re: String Cheese Incident [Re: shroommachine]
    #3583942 - 01/05/05 12:24 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

What in gods name is up with our world, where is the Grateful Dead my god. They are the only band who ever got to taht point of complete euphoria, shure phish are second best, but SCI cannot get you to that point that the dead could.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order