Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinedjred

ultra sonic..samsung..
    #3565727 - 12/31/04 02:51 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

well kinda shitty pic i know i have tried and tried to get better 1's as you can see i can shut off humidity completly..then wouldn't it just be a kool mist? it's def a ultra sonic ..kinda 2 in 1..any ideas?

Edited by Magash (12/31/04 03:44 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinedjred

Re: ultra sonic..samsung.. [Re: djred]
    #3565729 - 12/31/04 02:52 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

the knob on the right side is for volume of mist coming out..i just relaized afew moments ago ...maybe i can by pass buying a cool mist..

Offlinedjred

#3565890 - 12/31/04 04:06 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

dude magash thanks alot for helping out..im going to take another pic of my set up i just got it finished i'm excited for myself...so any thoughts on humidity shut off, which then it is only cool mist..?

Edited by djred (12/31/04 04:14 PM)

Offlineonetime
onetime
 User Gallery

#3566149 - 12/31/04 05:28 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

i dont know about that all i know is that ultra sonic is just a way that the humidity is made with ultra sonic vibrations or some thing

--------------------

See?
Yes, with my own three eyes.
Depression, Misspells , wanting everying thing i cant have haveing nothing i want

Offlinedjred

Re: ultra sonic..samsung.. [Re: onetime]
    #3566311 - 12/31/04 06:18 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

ok good call, trying to figure out how im going to regulate humidity fae..man i know there is alot of factors into making my little casing fruit..hopefully i figure everyhting out...

Offlinedjred

#3567034 - 12/31/04 11:19 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

man i should really get rid of those lights. i have a flourecent one 12inch just the base though..maybe i can get one tomorrow.

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #3567297 - 01/01/05 12:38 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

I'm not sure about it but I'd bet that one is like a humidity controller that will turn off the humidifier after a certain time and the others a mist output....I really dont know but if the humidity is fully off then its not a cool mist it'll be pumping in dry air. When you turn it on, how much air comes out? Like a fan or like not much and just some with visable mist more then a solid breeze? If its got a good breeze comming out and you can adjust the humidity lower you shouldn't need another humidifier other then that if it is actually 2 in 1..

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

Offlinedjred

Re: ultra sonic..samsung.. [Re: scatmanrav]
    #3567911 - 01/01/05 09:54 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

yeah i'm with ya bro..yes i can turn the dial to a really low setting on the humidity and have a nice air flow coming out. dry air it is if i turn off the humidity..so going to wally world to get a kool mist today. they are only 9 bucks...but then i need a hygro meter..those run 15 dollars.. this whole thing gets complicated..but no worries i will figure shit out..for right now humidity on lowest setting with air flow going through the chamber.it should be ok for a minute..

Edited by djred (01/01/05 09:56 AM)

Offlinedjred

Re: ultra sonic..air flow.. [Re: djred]
    #3568216 - 01/01/05 01:16 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

updated..damn this whole set up is a bitch to try and figure out..you have pressure coming in from the top..if i seal up the container it only back flows out of ultra..so i have a an area in the bottom side that will let air flow go through.

with the constant air flow from the ultra pushing through the fruiting chamber, will it effect the rh? im tyring to make sense with this. hope i'm getitng somewhere..i just worried that my casings are not getting enough moister. checked on 1 i put in yesterday seemed kinda dry misted it a little put it back in ..

i had ran the ultra on low settings for humidity and volume.wondering if i need to boost the volume settings toa higher out put so that it will give enough moister to the casing.i don't think a humidifier can dry out a casing..

i know that this whole ultra sonic stuff is getting to be time consuming without a hygro meter..im pretty much fighting a loosing battle on solutions..sorry just rambling..lol.. i give up for the moment. i had checked out the setting for just the volume of mist with no humidity it comes out as a nice cool mist.earlier i had posted that it seemed dry but i was wrong.. sorry for just typing and typing.

yeah i thought i was done...man i tell ya alot of work has gone into making this project work out and im just fucking going crazy with out essential items..ok now im done thanks for letting me bitch...

p.s. i know someone going to say go get a cool mist..hygro meter...but lack of fund's for those items..

Edited by djred (01/01/05 01:28 PM)

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: ultra sonic..air flow.. [Re: djred]
    #3569851 - 01/02/05 01:22 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

A humidifier can dry out a casing..casings dry out natually IMO even at 99%...just much less.

The constant airflow will affect rh but you need the constant airflow and high rh BOTH. So if casings dry out to much or to quickly then you turn up the settings. Just start low and work your way up until you get to where you want it. If theres that much airflow I dont think you really need a cool mist as this is doing the job of one...a hygrometer is always a nice thing but dont get the cheapest one just anywhere...make sure it will go up above 90% They can be had on ebay for a couple bucks or in certain stores..digitals I've found are best for cheap that will go up to 99%.

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom