Home | Community | Message Board

Kraken Kratom
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Incense

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Any connection here?
    #3566148 - 12/31/04 07:27 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Hi all,

I'm not a regular visitor here as I've mostly stopped using in the past five years. I do still have an interest in mushrooms and have found this forum a wealth of good communication.

There's something that I believe members here may have some info on, that could help me make some connections.

I dislike cannabis as it makes me paranoid and generally the opposite of what it's supposed to do, unless I take it with an 'E'. From reading around I gather cannabis can lower blood sugar and this could be what's causing the paranoia. A similar thing occurs when I drink too much alcohol over a period of days. I become very edgy and nervous, so maybe this is a rebound caused by the excess hammering of my blood sugar.

I'm just curious to know if there exists any knowledge that concurs with this, and possibly any solution. As I say, I'm not into the scene anymore, but I'd appreciate even just knowing if this condition is recognised.

I believe this was one of the major reasons I developed a strong affinity for 'E'. It was almost like it was medication, allowing me to do the normal things such as hold a conversation and be slightly more confident. The side effects however meant this could never be a regular occurrence.

I've tried drugs such as Prozac and they had absolutely no effect whatsoever, so I'm hoping the solution is in a different area, maybe brain blood sugar level if it exists.

If anyone can make a connection with the information I've given, I'd be truly grateful, even if it only gets me started on a new line of enquiry.

Cheers, and all the best for the NEW YEAR.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleWorld Spirit
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Any connection here? [Re: MonkFish]
    #3566186 - 12/31/04 07:40 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Hello & Greetings.

Plants and chemicals alter first the body but secondly, and more importantly - they bring about a transformation to the human spirit (the life force within us).

If you find yourself paranoid on mj, you're probably doing one of four things:
1. Taking too much
2. Not taking it the best way for you (brownie, smoke, leary biscuit, incense inhalation, etc)
3. You're not with the right crowd in the first place or you're not in the right place at the right time.
4. You're being convicted not to partake and you're trying to ignore this feeling and fight it.

Alcohol should never be drunk several days in a row. It's not healthy for the mind or the body. Even if its wine. Try cutting back quite a bit and replacing your wine/mj time with something different that appeals to your conscience and see what takes place.

irregular meat sprocket
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: looking for zeebras, n. c...
    #3567631 - 01/01/05 06:28 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

once again tonight, i have to agree with enter.

for me, ambient inhalation [for me, just being in the room when someone i feel comfoprtable around is smoking] seems to bering around the same sense opf well being i used to look for in smoking canabis.

a lot of people have trouble with the mushroom experience that causes them to loose heart in thier ability to help you personaly. the best advice i can give is to take some time away, not try them again untill you feel comfportable and then do so cautiously. this applies to almost any conscience alering substance. they can help you, not help you or hurt you inside. you have to be sensitive to this and use substances accordingly. if they are not here to help you, you shouldn't be sing them.

chat.freenode.net #mycology

InvisibleBlu Spore
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada Flag
    #3567841 - 01/01/05 10:59 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

You never did mention how often you smoke cannabis. Personally, I enjoyed daily pot use for five years and it would always make me relaxed and happy until about a month ago when I started to get social anxiety while stoned in public and my overall well being went down the crapper. Also dont binge drink. As for the E. I would say its like a once or twice a year thing. There have not been enough studies on what the long term effects of E. I would'nt self medicate with it, too dangerous. I would take everything in moderation.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Incense

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being