Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Injection Grain Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinetrent_logain
Stranger
white
    #3564690 - 12/31/04 09:30 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

After sterilizing my jars I think water may have sipped in. They are whiter than when I put them in. Will this effect the outcome of incubation etc.? I also screwed up on inoculation. I spent a whole syringe that was supposed to fill a dozen jars on five. So now I've got them sitting in the chamber, wishing they will turn out okay.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineticktock
Seeker
 User Gallery

Loc: Just ask the rabbit.
Re: white [Re: trent_logain]
    #3565347 - 12/31/04 12:34 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

The white is probably on the outsides of the jars. If so, you can wipe it off with a bit of vinegar. It's not hurting anything.

There is no such thing as too many spores. Too much water is another thing. I figure that you added a couple of ml per jar. Should be ok, but watch for pooling in the jar bottoms. Loosening the lids may help to dry them if needed. I think that you could turn them over for a few hours to let the excess drip out.

--------------------
Don't panic!

OfflineIGnosticAbhorI
Stranger-er

Re: white [Re: ticktock]
    #3565447 - 12/31/04 12:57 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Um, ticktock...If he has polyfil or tyvek and excessive water, then he shouldnt turn them upside down, water sitting in your microfilters is like begging for contamination, unscrewing the lid a bit however :thumbup:
if he's doing Pf, then flipping them would allow water to get into the dry verm on the top and the whole point of dry werm on the top is to stay Dry so that contams/myc. can't grow....so...yea..i'd defiently not flip them over, good luck :shroomer:

Edited by IGnosticAbhorI (12/31/04 12:58 PM)

Offlineticktock
Seeker
 User Gallery

Loc: Just ask the rabbit.
Re: white [Re: trent_logain]
    #3565528 - 12/31/04 01:16 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Hmm. I'll go along with you on the polyfill or tyvek. I have to pull away on the verm layer thing.

The verm layer is dry when you first put it into a PF jar. That's the last time it will be. You know how verm pulls in water. When the jars come out of the PC, the layer has to be about as moist as the rest of the jar.

The layer doesn't work because it stays dry. It works because it contains no nutrients. Spores landing on it won't germinate and grow through it. Now that I think of it, draining water through the layer would probably put nutes into it. I'm retracting my advice to invert the jars, but for different reasons.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it. (Unless I'm wrong.)  :cool:

--------------------
Don't panic!

OfflineIGnosticAbhorI
Stranger-er

Re: white [Re: ticktock]
    #3565674 - 12/31/04 02:21 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

True, good point But, you don't have to Pc Pf jars, and when you boil them and correctly put on alumium foil, it keeps out almost All water, There is a bit that Does come in, cant really help that b/c of the pressure that is created, But it isn't as wet as the rest of the jar, i'm not sure how you sterilyze you jars but mine come out Almost the same as when they go in, I'm not calling you an idiot :?
I've read previous post you've...posted....so i was just kind of like...wtf...lol....so i donno, but yeah, ur right...kinda...lol
Later and Gl

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Injection Grain Bag