Home | Community | Message Board

Kraken Kratom
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: San Pedro

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineBlueOrb
prototype
Loc: The fourth dimension
Can I ever trip again?
    #3564646 - 12/31/04 11:14 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Following a very, very bad trip (60g fresh) aprox 2 months ago, I had all kinds of horrible post trip symptoms, mainly anxiety, panic attacks and the feeling of depersonalisation. It felt as if I was looking through someone elses eyes. I felt like a stranger in my own body. Eventually this subsided over a period of a month. When I came to trip again, I was extreemly cautious, and only took 3g dry. However, it wasn't long before those horrrible feelings started to creep in. I managed to hold it together, but I now feel that mushrooms are something I will never be able to enjoy again. I have tripped many, many times in the past, and at high doses. I have learnt so much from them and have had some increadable times. I want these experiences again, but I am sure that something inside has changed. Any thoughts you guys?? has anyone else had similar experiences? What has happend to me?

--------------------
"They are trying to build a prison, for you and me to live in"

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineSprings
Mine(d)
Male User Gallery

Loc: sky hi
Re: Can I ever trip again? [Re: BlueOrb]
    #3564691 - 12/31/04 11:30 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Why do you feel that these "new" feelings and new thoughts are bad? I mean yes at the time your emotions were of anxiety and panic, but why? Could it have been an internal struggle? Obviously you are just getting to new places, I always looked at that as a good thing, explore yourself and the mushroom. To me stopping now would leave your questions unanswered.

Thats me though :wink:

OfflineBlueOrb
prototype
Re: Can I ever trip again? [Re: Springs]
    #3564708 - 12/31/04 11:37 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

I understand what you are saying, but those feelings were so terrible, I thought that I was going mad for weeks. I thought that I had done irriversable damage to my mind. I dont undrstand how this happend. I have had bad trips in the past, but have allways felt ok the following day. These feelings lasted for weeks afterwards. Very scary.

--------------------

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
    #3564737 - 12/31/04 11:47 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Take some time off from psychedelics.  There's no shame in that, man.  You've had awesome learning experiences on shrooms, now use what they've taught you.  There is definitely no rush to trip again...you'll know if/when the time comes for you to venture back into the mushroom world.  Take this opportunity to enjoy sobriety and stabilize yourself. 

Good luck.  :heart:

Offlinegsmith
reformed lurker
    #3564749 - 12/31/04 11:51 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

i'm notorious for having bad trips myself... i highly doubt that the mushrooms changed anything physiologically. psilo works on your seratonin receptors, which are also responsible for your mood. if you've been depressed a lot recently, then you won't have a good trip. Has anything in your life changed drastically? I've found that bad trips are more of an indicator that I have issues I need to address, not that mushrooms are changing my brain. I wouldn't worry about it, because that will only make it worse. Because you took such a large dose and had a bad time of course you're going to be anxious about it and you're practically setting yourself up for bad trips.

It might not be a bad idea to just cool it for a while. I took a six year break from all hallucinogens after I had three nightmarish trips (LSD) in a row. When I came back to it, I felt that I had progressed and healed enough spiritually to trip again. I addressed a lot of issues in my life that had been troubling me and waited until I was in a stable point in my life before dosing again. Still haven't touched the 'cid, but all my shroom trip since have been mostly pleasant. Except for the time I tripped after I wrecked my bike... that sucked...

--------------------
------
this is a signature

Offlinemikl
I am perception
 User Gallery

Loc: Memphis, TN
    #3564760 - 12/31/04 11:55 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Tripping brings out a lot of emotions especially the ones we try to hold back! That's prob because we always have it on our mind but we don't want to face it. Take it slow and use the trip wisely. Dig down deep to try and find the root of these emotions and face them head on, no holding back because "you are not happy". As long as you hold back on these feelings, then they will be a problem.

--------------------
MAY YOU BE NURTURED BY THE FRUITS OF YOUR LABOR.

InvisiblesuiM
I love you.
Male User Gallery

Loc: Cali, Contra Costa Co. Flag
Re: Can I ever trip again? [Re: gsmith]
    #3564764 - 12/31/04 11:56 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Make a tape recording just saying its all good you will come down. And whatever else you think might help you get your trip back on track. This has worked for me.

--------------------

$30, help me out and buy one!
Square Store - https://squareup.com/store/peace-angel-clothing-ent

Paypal - peaceangelclothingent@gmail.com

"There is never a wrong note, bend it."
Jimi Hendrix

Offlinemikl
I am perception
 User Gallery

Re: Can I ever trip again? [Re: mikl]
    #3564774 - 12/31/04 11:58 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Meditation with a mentor could be quite beneficial!

--------------------

OfflineBlueOrb
prototype
Re: Can I ever trip again? [Re: mikl]
    #3564802 - 12/31/04 12:07 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Thanks guys....
I just feel frustrated that I dont understand why I am experiencing problems now as an experienced tripper. I even got similar feelings of anxiety after smoking weed. It took me right back to those feelings, if only for a brief moment.
One observation I have made is that eveytime i have had a bad trip, it has been while indoors. All of my best trips have been outside in the local park. Maybe I need to stick to the outdoors. That means waiting for the spring time! Perhaps thats what i need to do?

--------------------

OfflineBlueOrb
prototype
    #3564804 - 12/31/04 12:09 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

What bike did you trash Gsmith? I have recently descovered motorcycling!

--------------------

Offlinegsmith
reformed lurker
    #3564843 - 12/31/04 12:21 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

bicycle actually... some commuter bike i had assembled out of three different bikes. I was run off the road into a parked car by a city bus. I was probably going about 16-18mph and didn't think that the busdriver wasn't going to move over or slow down to avoid me so I was left with very little time to react. It was either get hit by the bus (bad) or hit the parked car (not as bad). didn't get the bus number either! :mad2:

I want to get a motorcycle wicked bad though... looking for an old honda that I can fix up and motor around town in. nothing too flash.

--------------------
------
this is a signature

OfflineBlueOrb
prototype
Re: Can I ever trip again? [Re: gsmith]
    #3564882 - 12/31/04 12:34 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Do it!

Motorcycling is the best tonic for mental health....You will wished you had done it sooner

Take care

--------------------

OfflineToricious
Theblunt-smokinglense-man.

#3564905 - 12/31/04 12:40 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

I had that, gave it 9 months and now I feel incapable of ever having a bad trip again - it will make you stronger when you give it time to heal.

--------------------
"There's a guy in my apple!"

"Jerk off on weed man, that's where it's at... " -Anjaba

Offlinemikl
I am perception
 User Gallery

Re: Can I ever trip again? [Re: Toricious]
    #3565560 - 12/31/04 03:30 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

I love tripping outdoors year round. NOT in public! Social anxiety, I'm a bit of a hermit.

--------------------

Offlinethe free thinker
salesman
Male User Gallery

Loc: twin cities
Re: Can I ever trip again? [Re: Toricious]
    #3565743 - 12/31/04 05:00 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

BlueOrb, you've described exactly what I went through about 1.5 years ago, following a bad trip I had on June 13th 2003. I thought I was going crazy for several weeks as well, I had no idea what was going on inside my head. I know what you're going through, just talk to me on AOL IM. my SN is Eu4ik1026

--------------------

Offlinetwilight715
Just anotherFreak in theFreak Kingdom

Re: Can I ever trip again? [Re: the free thinker]
    #3565770 - 12/31/04 05:18 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

George Carlin once said that he smoked weed for a while, but one day quit, never to smoke again, because he felt he had learned and experienced as much as he could, and was done with the drug. perhaps this is what happened here, maybe you have experienced all you "need" to experience on mushrooms, so your journey needs to come to an end.
i would suggest taking a break from mushrooms/all drugs for a while, and see if you ever get a craving for them again. that's how i know it's time to trip, when i feel this inner desire to experience it again. if you never get that after quitting, then you probably don't need to/shouldn't do mushrooms anymore.

--------------------
"He was too weird to live, and too rare to die."
- Hunter S. Thompson

"Mushrooms have no known adverse side-effects, other than leaving you feeling fatigued and probably surrounded by a load of mad paintings and some half-eaten chocolate bars."

Offlinegnrm23
Carpal Tunnel
Loc: n. e. OH, USSA
    #3578453 - 01/04/05 09:15 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

NIACINAMIDE

vitamin B3 &

multivitamins
multiminerals
amino acids (trp, try/phe, glu...)
maybe some yang herbs...
some "grounding" techs - meditation, mineral baths, orgone work, martial arts, deep massage...

yaddayadda/gnrmski...

--------------------
old enough to know better
not old enough to care

Invisiblenewusername222
Stranger
Male User Gallery
    #3579046 - 01/04/05 01:02 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

I had a similar experience about 10 years ago. It was during a transition period in my life when I knew it was time for me to grow up but I was still dicking around a lot. My trips became less enjoyable and then finally down right unenjoyable. I laid off for a few years, and when I returned to them my life had reached a point where I was much more stable and could enjoy mushrooms again. I've been tripping a lot in the last few months and have overdone it to the point where I'm no longer enjoying things. I've given up tripping for a while. My goal is to not trip for at least 6 months.

I've been fasting this week, and it has really helped give me confidence that I have control. I also think fasting is good for cleaning up some of the negative energy that builds up during drug abuse (note that I use the word abuse, not use). My fast is a juice fast. I have a pretty good juicer and have bought a bunch of fruit and veggies and that's all I'm taking in this week. For the first 36 hours or so it was pretty difficult. I was wandering into the kitchen all the time and just staring in the fridge or pantry. I had to peel myself away. Yesterday evening I was at a point where I felt wonderful, and that feeling continues through today. I feel energized and alive, as though I've freed myself of a great burden. Maybe something like this would help you? You'll only know if you try.

OfflineMeThoD
MeThoD

Re: Can I ever trip again? [Re: newusername222]
    #3585758 - 01/05/05 09:15 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

I'm feeling the same way. During the come up I have this shitty feeling in my stomach, and just the feeling of it gives me a little bit of anxiety. I can deal with it on lower doses and trip well, but in higher doses it can be tough.

And once, during 4 gram dose, I puked during the come up, but then I was fine, and tripping balls. Then I went to a party, and all the voices filled up my head to the point where I couldn't hear myself think. It became hard to command my muscles to do things, and I started stumbling around, and the feeling in my stomach came back hardcore.

I just wanna trip without anxiety or that shitty feeling.

And BTW, I will soon be buying a dirt bike.

--------------------
Every empty bowl must be filled, and a full bowl must always be emptied.

OfflineDivided_Sky
Ten ThousandThings

Loc: The Shining Void
Re: Can I ever trip again? [Re: MeThoD]
    #3591055 - 01/06/05 11:37 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Take a break for a while. Access your life and maybe check out some spiritual writings for grounding. If you want to keep tripping you might: change your usual set and setting completely, fill the trip with as much positive stimulus as possible, go outdoors, and maybe try different substances that aren't as hard for you. I've had a way easier time tripping hard on mescaline than some weed episodes.

But really, I think every drug has the ability to depersonalize or make life seem unreal. Part of it is that you let the strangeness of the experience disconnect you from your life. I think it is wisest to use psychedelics only as a tool within the context of your own life because if your purpose is not specific you can get lost out there.

Also it shows something about reality you do not know how to process, that nothing has any innate meaning or essence. This does not mean that meaning is false, nothing exists or that the world you percieve does not exist, simply that all of these things are dependent on other things and not inherent. Light depends on dark, hot with cold, up with down, nothing with everything, meaning with non meaning, and all these thoughts with a brain and a mind which is dependent on infinite other things as well. Everyone you know, including yourself came from infinite other things. Nobody is truly independent. If your experiences have been like mine you have seen the lack of this inherent existence in everything and it seems like the world is blank and that in your mind there is nobody home.

That is only partially true. You don't exist, and neither does anything else, as the unchanging mental conceptual image in your mind. And yet, it all does exist. My first reaction to that experience was become nihilistic, but that was wrong. I know that I have been through very similar things and I think that the conceptual emptiness of life overwhelmed us into thinking there is no self at all or reality at all. There is, but it is not a concept, or a static independent thing.

Now it's time for us both to start seeing the interdendence of reality and re-realizing ourselves and our lives.

--------------------
1. "After an hour I wasn't feeling anything so I decided to take another..."
2. "We were feeling pretty good so we decided to smoke a few bowls..."
3. "I had to be real quiet because my parents were asleep upstairs..."

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Amazon Shop for: San Pedro

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience