Home | Community | Message Board

NorthSpore.com BOOMR Bag!
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisiblemecreateme
YoUisMEEMsiUoY
Male User Gallery

Loc: Memphrica
I hate the trip level system
    #3563049 - 12/30/04 09:00 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

"One conclusion was forced upon my mind at that time and my impression of its truth has ever since remained unshaken. It is that our normal waking consciousness, rational consciousness as we call it, is but one special type of consciousness, whilst all about it, parted from it by the filmiest of screens, there lie potential forms of consciousness entirely different. We may go through life without suspecting their existence; but apply the requisite stimulus and at a touch they are there in all their completeness, definite types of mentality which probably somewhere have their field of application and adaptation. No account of the universe in its totality can be final which leaves these other forms of consciousness quite disregarded. How to regard them is the question-for they are discontinuous with ordinary consciousness. Yet they may determine attitudes though they cannot furnish formulas and open a region though they fail to give a map. At any rate, they forbid a premature closing of our accounts with reality. Looking back on my own experiences, they all converge toward a kind of insight to which I cannot help ascribing some metaphysical significance." -William James

I have had this type of experience where I can tell that there are millions upon millions of different levels of consciousness, each one only a slight bit different than the others.

Some people talk so easily about the level which they tripped to. I myself experience several different levels at many differnet times during the trip. I think that five levels is rather limiting and that people should put more work into their description of the altered state. It is like the easy way out to say I went to level four!

--------------------
No ONE wants to know the ultimate TRUTH, as soon as YOU find IT out, YOU want to forget IT.

You are everything's way of feeling itself.

Happy Schwag, everygodly!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineCPT_InSaNo
Just anotherfreak in thefreak kingdom

Re: I hate the trip level system [Re: mecreateme]
    #3563102 - 12/30/04 09:22 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

i agree one hundred percent with you, but the trip level system is mainly just to have a frame of reference when discussing trips.

The trip level system is meaningless to anyone who has never tripped, and serves as an aid when telling the story of your trip.

trip reports take you through the entire journey of the writers consciousness during the trip. Its like i know Ive never had an ego death, so i know i haven't had a "LEVEL 5" trip, however i have had some experiences that are beyond explanation.

--------------------
"We'll ride the spiral to the end and may just go where no one's been. Spiral out. Keep going, going..."
Tool, Lateralus

Anything in my above post is 100% fictional.

R.I.P. Hunter S. Thompson

OfflineCPT_InSaNo

Re: I hate the trip level system [Re: CPT_InSaNo]
    #3563381 - 12/30/04 10:31 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

I got really blitzed, and I've been thinking more about this. Here is an expanded trip level system, all levels include the previous levels. (ie step 7 also includes steps 1-6)

1. Very threshold of effects. May include slight giddyness, awkward feelings, i.e. strange sensations of cold, hot etc.

2. Abstract thoughts seem to manifest themselves. You find yourself thinking of strange things, and how things work.

3. Visual distortions become apparent. Especially under strange lighting or upon staring. visuals are apparent but only when concentrated on.

4. Visual distortions begin to become "alive". moving, breathing, flowing etc. may be seen in surroundings. Thoughts and reasoning seems to be further and further away from what is considered normal. You find yourself losing track of where you are upon closing eyes. Music begins to become alive, or an alternate reality that engulfs you.

5. visual hallucinations begin to manifest in depth. objects that do not exist, appear and begin to melt, morph, or possibly talk to you. Certain objects or events taking place may cause you to take on actions that you otherwise would not do. Abstract Thoughts can begin to seem unbelievably complex, yet clear and real.

6. Sensation of yourself may begin to change. you may feel stranger to your ownself or maybe extreme closeness. The feelings can sway from painful to exciting in fractions of a second. music can change your entire perspective on life and yourself.

7. Beginning of loss of ego. You begin to melt in your own mind to the very fabric of space and time. You feel as though nothing around you exists or matters.

8. Complete loss of ego. Who you are and what you do becomes completely dissolved into nothingness. You leave "reality" and enter another realm unlike anything you could imagine.

9. PLEASE TELL ME if you go past this.

--------------------
"We'll ride the spiral to the end and may just go where no one's been. Spiral out. Keep going, going..."
Tool, Lateralus

InvisibleSupernova
Stranger
Male
    #3563403 - 12/30/04 10:36 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

I agree totally. I didn't know "levels" were defined until a year or so ago and I still don't really understand them. I just trip. I think I've hit level 99 a few times. Whatever...

InvisibleMystikMushroom
I RULE YOU!
    #3563406 - 12/30/04 10:37 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Dosage is irrelvant. Tripping to the outter limits is achieved through mental discipline and focus. One can get to lvl 5 on less than an 8th if they allow the shrooms to kill their ego quickly before any paranoia and fear can set in.

Yes, there are an infinite number of potential realities. Some so similar that only an atom is diffrent. Some are so alien to us than unless our ego is sufficiently subdued, we reject and do not get to experiance the upper echelons of tripdom.

InvisibleMystikMushroom
I RULE YOU!
Re: I hate the trip level system [Re: MystikMushroom]
    #3563431 - 12/30/04 10:42 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

To CPT,

Yes, I have gone farther than that. On 3.5 grams of cubes no less. I went to a timeless place where I existed before, now, and after this life. Downloaded into my brain was the knowledge of the universe.

After that, I was given the greatest gift of my life so far, the truth.

I realized that we are all the same being, here on earth. We are all just diffrent expressions or reflections of the divine. It is our ego that grounds us, creates this physcial reality. We need more than one of us to make this reality real, thats why there are so many humans. We need validation than "red" is "red" and so forth...

Realizing that I, you, and everyone else is God...and that death is nothing but a transition back to the divine state of being is such a life-changing thing for me. I can't look at organized religion or anyone else in my life the same.

I really think that we are all at diffrent stages of this realization, and some of us aren't ready to be revealed whats REALLY going on. Thats why so many people just have "pretty" and "visual" trips. You have to have genuine sincerity in your heart for the knowledge that the shrooms want to impart.

peace

Invisiblemecreateme
YoUisMEEMsiUoY
Male User Gallery

#3563682 - 12/30/04 11:23 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Its not about going farther.
There should be only one trip level.

That way everybody might wake up sooner...

--------------------
No ONE wants to know the ultimate TRUTH, as soon as YOU find IT out, YOU want to forget IT.

OfflineCPT_InSaNo

#3563687 - 12/30/04 11:24 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

To mystic,

Holy shit man ive had a way similar experience.

4 Grams of cubes, and a bowl of pot at the peak. I began to think that we were all one existance, that blackholes essentially described life. as it spirals you get drawn closer to its center, and when you hit the center you are catapulted out of it at incredible speed.

To me this was like a persons life. At birth you are at the outer edge of the spiral, and at death you are ejected from it. I was thinking that the entire world, galaxy, universe, was nothing more than a bizarre occurrence that divine spirits could take on a physical state and co-exist. At this point the Walls in my room melted away and i was viewing this entire occurence, start to finish.

--------------------
Tool, Lateralus

InvisibleMystikMushroom
I RULE YOU!
    #3563732 - 12/30/04 11:35 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

To CPT...

You've just desribed the indescribable for me. I've been to that spiraling feeling, going faster and faster untill you get thrown back and start it all over and over.

That's another secret...the universe can be imagined as a mobius wheel, there is no begining or end.

InvisibleMystikMushroom
I RULE YOU!
    #3563746 - 12/30/04 11:38 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Thank you mecreateme!

"Its not about going farther.
There should be only one trip level."

That was a very, very wise observation! I think that just like in religion, all of us that have been "gifted" cosmic knowledge only have a piece of the puzzle.

Many anchient civilizations like the Maya, Egyptians, and Inca all had diffrent ways of worship and religion, but they all mirrored the divine.

In that sence I think that all of us that have "been there" have a diffrent perspective, and thus a diffrent piece of the puzzle to share. Thank you for sharing yours!

OfflineCPT_InSaNo

#3563753 - 12/30/04 11:40 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

To Mystic....
Rather amazing we both had such similar experiences. Actually, mind blowing.

--------------------
Tool, Lateralus

InvisibleMystikMushroom
I RULE YOU!
    #3563786 - 12/30/04 11:48 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Not really to surprising for me my friend! After all we are all part of the same higher being on a diffrent level of conciousness :-) Those of us that have had similar experiances seem to not be able to accuratley desribe in detail what they've been through, but just the small sample of your experiance gives me ample reason to belive you are also begining to awaken.

I don't know if you've been pondering the same question since your psychadelic experiances, but I keep finding myself wondering, "WHAT NEXT?!?!"

Where do I go from here? Religion? Phillosophy?..I'm not sure right now. So far I've been immersing myself in the beliefs of anchient mesoamerica, and anchient eastern philosophy. The people of these times had a much more accurate perception of reality. It feels like i have an anchient connection to these people by sharing the same insights and enlightenment.

OfflineBorgFace
PEENTASTIC
Loc: Australia
    #3563901 - 12/31/04 12:23 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

I find myself constantly raising the bar with mushrooms, and any drug for that matter.

I too also find the rating system inane. The nature of the experience itself is extremely subjective, and just like a dream, there are often many subtle, underlying aspects to a mushroom trip that defy explanation let alone classification.

However, I will not completely discredit the system. It at least gives a rough guide as to the visual elements most likely to be encountered. But as we know, the experience isn't merely about the pretty flashing orbs and streaking rainbow lights. This is where the system fails, not because it won't label the qualia, but because it can't.

Its value to the uninitiated is doubtlessly helpful, but to truly convey the experience is like trying to explain to a sober dominator ego why you find that winking rock so insightful. You just can't :tongue:

--------------------
Give me an ounce of civet, good apothecary, to sweeten my imagination!

Offlineincubaby_421
half naked andfull witted
 User Gallery

Loc: the center of the univers...
Re: I hate the trip level system [Re: BorgFace]
    #3563922 - 12/31/04 12:32 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

my ex once had an ego loss whilst staring at a flahy LED torch lighter, she help it very close to her eyes with her hand covering, for a little shy of an hour....
i should be so lucky.

--------------------
"yet the more i dig, the more i consume, the more i unfold... the less protected i feel.
i am the spit on the hair of the son of an electron, swimming around the nucleus of a cell inside the sperm of a killer bee, and my purpose is as nebulous as why weve been bestowed with the capacity to give a shit" Brandon Boyd

InvisibleMystikMushroom
I RULE YOU!
Re: I hate the trip level system [Re: incubaby_421]
    #3563992 - 12/31/04 01:00 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

incubaby_421 said:
my ex once had an ego loss whilst staring at a flahy LED torch lighter, she help it very close to her eyes with her hand covering, for a little shy of an hour....
i should be so lucky.

"Woah" *said like Keaneau Reve's in the Matrix*

Thats crazy man...that actually can work?

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
    #3564045 - 12/31/04 01:37 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

The trip level system is just a guide. I think it's helpful for when you are first started out with shrooms. Everything is subjective when you are tripping.

OfflineGabrielKnight
I can eat moreshrooms thanyou!
 User Gallery

Re: I hate the trip level system [Re: MOTH]
    #3564113 - 12/31/04 02:01 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Could I ask what loss of ego feels like? I think I've only ever tripped to level 3, but one time I was tripping really hard and smoking a spliff when I accidently set my lighter to ultra high flame. Expecting a small light, the 3 inch flame startled me. For about 10 seconds I panicked and was unable to tell whether I'd set my hair alight!

Instead of being able to think rationally from within, I started to feel like time was split into several timelines at the same time. I was watching myself from outside from several viewpoints and outcomes. I no longer felt like myself, like I was losing my soul and watching my life played in front of me. I felt myself losing it, but quickly bought myself back.

Another time I started to panic because I had the TV on and instead of the program continuing as normal, my mind must have memorised the same 10 second clip and I couldn't get out of the loop. At once, the world and the things around me seemed broken, time and perspective were choppy. It felt as though there had been a system crash in a Matrix style scenario.

WTF?

Edited by GabrielKnight (12/31/04 02:03 AM)

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
Re: I hate the trip level system [Re: GabrielKnight]
    #3564179 - 12/31/04 02:26 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

GabrielKnight said:
Could I ask what loss of ego feels like? I think I've only ever tripped to level 3, but one time I was tripping really hard and smoking a spliff when I accidently set my lighter to ultra high flame. Expecting a small light, the 3 inch flame startled me. For about 10 seconds I panicked and was unable to tell whether I'd set my hair alight!

Instead of being able to think rationally from within, I started to feel like time was split into several timelines at the same time. I was watching myself from outside from several viewpoints and outcomes. I no longer felt like myself, like I was losing my soul and watching my life played in front of me. I felt myself losing it, but quickly bought myself back.

Another time I started to panic because I had the TV on and instead of the program continuing as normal, my mind must have memorised the same 10 second clip and I couldn't get out of the loop. At once, the world and the things around me seemed broken, time and perspective were choppy. It felt as though there had been a system crash in a Matrix style scenario.

WTF?

From your report it sounds like you were experiencing symptoms of egoloss. 

Many times, people panic during a trip because they are fighting egoloss. Or at least, that would be my experience.  The only description I can give of my egoloss, is this:

I existed nowhere in the universe and yet EVERYWHERE at the same time.  "I" (the One consciousness that experienced and viewed it all) became seperate people, places, objects, feelings, memories...everything you could possible imagine, the One-"I" became and always was.  Nothing existed except this One consciousness, an endless perspective of faceted awareness, and that awareness was the eternal everything, over and over and over again, for infinity. 

Intense, intense, intense.  Awesome and terrible, and beautiful. 

Next time you feel anxiety or panic during a trip, ask yourself if you might be fighting the death of your ego.  Just remember that there is nothing to fear.  You are in the Arms of the Infinite; always have been, and always will be.  Close your eyes and Become!!  :smile:

Invisiblemecreateme
YoUisMEEMsiUoY
Male User Gallery

Re: I hate the trip level system [Re: GabrielKnight]
    #3565361 - 12/31/04 12:36 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

I hate it when people say you didn't achieve ego loss.
It is something I expect every time I do mushrooms. The wrapping paper, or visuals, are just a bonus. Some people put so much into ego loss and they are reluctant to admit that anyone else has reached that level.

But the truth is that it is really easy to reach ego loss, especially when you have been there before. Ego loss is the same as the consciousness of an infant. No differentiation between what you see. Very simple, yet extremely complex to the logical, rational, socially indoctrinated mind.

No, I don't think it is useful because there are many people that can get scared because they are experiencing things not even remotely listed in the levels. To use it as a guide is foolish if you put any validity into it.

Wow, at least someone understands subjectivity and relativity!

--------------------

Offlineincubaby_421
half naked andfull witted
 User Gallery

Loc: the center of the univers...
    #3567067 - 12/31/04 11:27 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

mysic mushroom, yeah, it worked for her, i had to go allmost an hour without a cigarette(it was the only lighter there), but the way she explained what she felt and waht happened later definitely led me to ego loss, she was most definitely irreperably changed by the experience, it was nice, her seeing things from a diffrent point of view and all,
damn i miss her.

--------------------
"yet the more i dig, the more i consume, the more i unfold... the less protected i feel.
i am the spit on the hair of the son of an electron, swimming around the nucleus of a cell inside the sperm of a killer bee, and my purpose is as nebulous as why weve been bestowed with the capacity to give a shit" Brandon Boyd

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order