Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineBlueDogAnchorite
The jury arecoming, comingto tear me apart
storing shrooms between flushes?
    #3563404 - 12/31/04 12:36 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

I was thinking about getting a grow kit or two, but I wouldn't want to use any of the shrooms until I had got all that I could out of the kits.

I don't know how much time there is between flushes, so I was wondering if I could keep the shrooms freshly in the fridge whilst I was waiting for the other flushes or if I would have to dry the first flush.

--------------------
If god is all powerful, then the devil must be nothing more than a darkness in the mind of god, however if the devil is something real and seperate then perfection is impossible and god cannot exist, except in the aspirations of fallen angels.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinenerdcam
nublet

Loc: London, UK
Re: storing shrooms between flushes? [Re: BlueDogAnchorite]
    #3563935 - 12/31/04 02:39 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Here's what I did after my first flush: As soon as the flush is finished, take the grow kit out of it's original plastic tub, and fill a larger one with good, clean water (spring water is best, boil some and leave it to cool if you can't get any), and place in a larger tub. Weigh it down somehow (I used a clean ceramic dish), and place it in the freezer for 12-24 hours. This replenishes the lost moisture in the cake I believe.

While this was happening, I took the opportnity to fully clean and sterilize my terrarium and equipment (including the original plastic tub) again.

After 12-24 hours is up, take the refridgerated cake out of the water, shake it off a little, and put it back in the original tub. Follow the usual procedure!

This method produced some nice biiiig shrooms for me. I know my technique is probably flawed somewhere, but it produced decent results for me.

As for preserving the shrooms, it would probably be best to dry them as you have no idea how long each flush will last or how many flushes you'll get. You can keep them in the fridge for a short while (about a week, maybe two?) but any longer and it'd best to dry them.

Hope this could have been of assistance, good luck with your growing!

Rich

[edited]Crap spelling  :blush:[/edited]

--------------------

Edited by nerdcam (12/31/04 02:41 AM)

OfflineTrainwreck
No. Really.

Loc: Southern California
Re: storing shrooms between flushes? [Re: nerdcam]
    #3564148 - 12/31/04 04:10 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

That's good advice, but I dont think that's what hes asking. I think he wants to know what to do with the mushrooms he has from the first flush while hes waiting for the 2ND, and then so on. Now I dont grow, and I'm no expert on growing, but I would guess if you just kept them wrapped up in a paper bag after they were completely dried they would stay good for quite a while. I dunno if they stay good fresh just put in the fridge or not. I'm pretty sure you'll get your next flush pretty quickly after the 1st though. If all else fails and your stuck with a load of shrooms and dont know what to do, just dry them up and sell em! Also, I recommend selling them to me, for real cheap.

Real cheap... :goodluck:

[edit] Maybe I should have read your whole post nerd, or maybe you edited it while I wasnt looking!

Edited by Trainwreck (12/31/04 04:13 AM)

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience