Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Oyster Shell, Perlite, Vermiculite, pH Test Strips

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleLibertycapper
Doctor Banner
 User Gallery

Loc: British Columbia
Help! Which Way is Up????
    #3562583 - 12/30/04 08:52 PM (12 years, 21 days ago)

First of all, thanks to all those who have answered the questions I've had with experienced advice--it helped! Second, my first piece of advice to newbies like me---just be patient, if you did it right--it works!(eventually) Now I find I have new questions. I only discovered my first pins by accident. One of my cakes fell over and there she blew--on the bottom of my cake! I turned over the other three cakes and they had all started pinning on the bottom. I am using a rubbermaid non-see thru container as a fruiting chamber with the light coming from above. I have good humidity but I have never misted or dunked three out of four of the cakes. I have now turned the cakes over and am hoping that the mushrooms with stretch the right way again. My question--should I have turned them? I figured it was better than letting the mushrooms rot underneath. The cakes are sitting on tin foil on wet perlite and it seem s as though some moisture accumulates at the base of each cake--is this normal? OK, that was another question but I'm a head so what do you expect!

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineIGnosticAbhorI
Stranger-er

Re: Help! Which Way is Up???? [Re: Libertycapper]
    #3562866 - 12/30/04 09:59 PM (12 years, 21 days ago)

What are they sitting on? Mushrooms grow towards the "hottest light", reflections are Very hot, so maybe thats the prob, plus they grow around the bottom...something to do with humidity being perfect right there for them ec ect, but you can jus flip them, im sure someone will help u out a bit more, i have to go finish my casing :?
Good luck =)

InvisibleDety
Old No.7
Folding@home Statistics
    #3563048 - 12/30/04 10:59 PM (12 years, 21 days ago)

Looks like a over erected penis cake climbing :thumbup:

Offline13eetleJuice
the ghost with the most
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 6' under pushin up shroom...
Re: Help! Which Way is Up???? [Re: Dety]
    #3563061 - 12/30/04 11:05 PM (12 years, 21 days ago)

Same thing happened to me on my first grow and I even posted a thread with the exact same title as this one, asking for help. The aluminum foil is definately a problem. Reflection from your light source is hottest from the foil. It can cause the mushrooms to want to grow towards it but it's not the reason they started on the bottom in the first place. That would be because of the humidity. Read the PF Tek and pay particular interest to the double-end casing method. In doing this you can easily fruit from the top, bottom, and sides of your cakes making use of all available surface area. Hope this helps and good luck. :thumbup:

--------------------

Edited by 13eetleJuice (12/30/04 11:05 PM)

InvisibleLibertycapper
Doctor Banner
 User Gallery

Loc: British Columbia
Re: Help! Which Way is Up???? [Re: 13eetleJuice]
    #3563657 - 12/31/04 01:16 AM (12 years, 21 days ago)

Thanks for the info. I'll remove the foil. I actually have a fifth cake that is taking forever to colonise that I was going to case when its done. Tell me, would I need to add crushed oyster shells if I use only vermiculite as a casing layer?

Offlinejeff01
cultivator
    #3563791 - 12/31/04 01:50 AM (12 years, 21 days ago)

no vermic. doesnt need any ph balancing from what i know, ive used it a couple times

--------------------
"impossible to walk in this muck"

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Oyster Shell, Perlite, Vermiculite, pH Test Strips

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation