Home | Community | Message Board

Lil Shop Of Spores
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: HEPA Filter, Magic Flight Launch Box, Ultrasonic Humidifier, Vaporizer

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleNOS4A2
Sh!tApple

Loc: notfarfromtheshittree Flag
Combining two humidifiers
    #3562272 - 12/30/04 07:08 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

I'm revamping my dedicated closet setup and this time I'm adding an ultasonic to my coolmist and possibly warm mist.
My qeustion is with plumbing the U/S and C/M;
I'm locating them in a separate cupboard right next to the closet and running 3/4" pvc into the closet from the top then 90'ing down a couple feet with very small holes and a cap at the bottom for a clean out.
If I was able to hook both humidifiers to the other end with a tee in the cupboard, the cool mist (pressurized output) just downwind of the Ultra does anyone think I would have any problems.

I'd like to minimize any extra plumming I can.
thanx

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleNOS4A2
Sh!tApple

Re: Combining two humidifiers [Re: NOS4A2]
    #3562414 - 12/30/04 07:58 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

You useless P.O.S.s,
I'll be right back with some stupid pics of moldy shrooms I'm gonna threaten to eat like a dumbass!ha ha

--------------------
Hail to the King, Baby
CulturingTech

OfflinekronnyQ
SuperstudExtraordinaire
 User Gallery

Loc: Anytown USA
    #3562431 - 12/30/04 08:06 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

:thumbup:

InvisibleNOS4A2
Sh!tApple

Re: Combining two humidifiers [Re: kronnyQ]
    #3562441 - 12/30/04 08:09 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

I love that f'n avatar man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!two thumbs for you :thumbup: :thumbup:

--------------------
Hail to the King, Baby
CulturingTech

OfflineLaughingJim
Anti-Toxin
 User Gallery

Loc: USA, ( CT )
    #3565274 - 12/31/04 02:15 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

That seems like a little bit of overkill... Unless, you are using the heat vaporizer when temps are low, the cool mist for air circulation, and for hotter days, when heat isn't needed, and the sonic, for a main source of general fog... (That isn't mist, it is fog, slightly more dense, so dense it falls on your carpet, then evaporates from there!)

Just make sure that each is hooked up properly, possibly through one another... First the cool-mist (Lowest output), then the ultrasonic, then the heated-mist (Last because you don't want to waste heat on the other humidifiers.)

Make sure your pipe going up to the containers is thick and at a constant angle. That will allow heavy condensation, which is pointless in the chamber, to flow back down to the humidifiers. You may also want to add a return/exhaust vent... (As opposed to an exhaust vent only.) This would exit at the bottom, but would "T". One small connection for the exhaust with a valve on it, and one large return connection with a valve on it. This way you can recirculate about 80%, and exhaust only 20%. Helps cut down on heat and humidity loss, and still gives adequate internal circulation.

I do something similar with my hepa-filter, to reduce its flow and gain additional filtration.

You could go so far as to disconnect the power to the heat element in the heat vaporizer, and hook that to a seporate timer or temp-trigger. Then throw your fogger in that same container... Run it without the heat for a cool humidifier, and with heat for heat-vaporizer, or run the fan and fogger for a power fogger... Run all three for a rain-forest! Power-heat-vaporizer-fogger!

--------------------
Don't forget to RATE us if you think we are offering GOOD or BAD advice, Thank-you!

I participate in the PROTEIN FOLDING PROGRAM helping the shroomery to help others,
FOLDING.STANFORD.EDU
I support www.shroomery.org (Team # 12679)

InvisibleNOS4A2
Sh!tApple

Loc: notfarfromtheshittree
Re: Combining two humidifiers [Re: LaughingJim]
    #3565944 - 12/31/04 06:21 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

[ chamber}----------------------- <-flow
[ ] \ \
[vaporizer] US CM
--------------

This is basicly how it is laid out. I figured the CM would be the source of fresh air and since the output has some pressure to it, it will pull along the mist coming out of the US. However, the CM will only be on full time while initiating pins and intermittantly the rest of the time. The rest of the time who knows what will be running when. The vaporizer(WM) is placed inside the closet and timed to come on only to keep temps up. The Warm Mist may be deleted and replaced with a fish tank heater since last time I tried a simalar setup it created a soggy enviro.
Controling temps while keeping humidity adjustable is the main concern. Eventually, I'd like to add a cooled air source for the summer months to use while pinning!
Another Question; the internal dimensions of the closet are about 2footwidex1.5footdeepx6foot tall which doesn't make for an easy light setup. I'm thinking of installing two 7watt flourecent candelabra bulbs from the cieling, on each side, pointing down. Will I have enough light? Or maybe too much at the top and not enough on the bottom?
Here's a pic of my closet-

Thanks for replying

--------------------
Hail to the King, Baby
CulturingTech

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: HEPA Filter, Magic Flight Launch Box, Ultrasonic Humidifier, Vaporizer

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation