Home | Community | Message Board

RVF Garden Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience >> Trip Reports

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Scales

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
A wondrous first trip
    #3561641 - 12/30/04 03:53 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Well, it finally happened. After weeks of preparation and research (mostly on these message boards and Erowid), I finally had my first psychedelic experience. My original intention was to try LSD first with a couple of my friends, but God knows that's impossible to find, and so it ended up being just me with a few sober people.

I started at like 11:00 in the morning, when I consumed a few grams of mushrooms (I'm not sure exactly how many, which was probably irresponsible of me...my very very crude coat hangar scale suggests it was probably 2-3g). I didn't notice anything for about a half hour, and then things started to get a little different...

The first thing I noticed was a tingling sensation in my stomach and arms, which later spread to my whole body. If I concentrated, I could move it around my body, and although it was weird at first, it was very very pleasurable. That's when I knew for sure that this was more than a placebo.

The next thing I noticed was, well...noticing. Unlike pot, which for me at least is a very hazy high, this was extremely clear, if only for a moment or two before changing focus. Everything I looked at I really noticed (e.g., the pattern on the carpet, the grain of the wood, the texture of my skin). This, to the non-experienced person, doesn't seem like a lot, but I'm sure you guys understand just how significant this is to the tripping experience. (BTW, the only reason I'm writing this report is because I'm sure you guys have some idea of what I'm talking about...the people I was with, who had never tripped before, were completely lost).

Soon I was being struck by the brightness and distinctness of certain colors. The red-ness of a book, the blue-ness of a video, and of course a shiny shiny CD was fascinating. Even little bits of fuzz on the floor that I never would have noticed otherwise were distinct, even dominant in my vision.

The hallucinations were nice and fun to watch, but they weren't really the focus of the trip for me. Watching walls move without moving and wood bleed and carpets move and kaleidoscopic images on the ceiling is all well and good, but there were a lot of more interesting things going on, both inside and outside. Probably the most fun hallucination was when I put my purple glasses on the (off-white carpet), fountains of purple began erupting all around it. By putting different colors on the carpet, new colors began appearing. I felt like I was painting on the canvas of the universe, and it was awesome.

Time, of course, was pretty meaningless...I can't really place events in chronological order very well in retrospect, except for pre-Sgt. Pepper, Sgt. Pepper, and post-Sgt. pepper. The music, of course, was amazing, and seemed at times to be directing my actions and even the actions of everyone else. The music always "fit" the mood.

During the comedown, we spent most of the time playing cards, at which I did surprisingly well (especially blackjack...I always felt like I knew what was coming, and I was up a couple of dollars by the end of the afternoon). It was a surprisingly easy transition back into reality, and I'm still left with a pretty positive afterglow. Colors seem just a little brighter, music seems just a little better, and my sense of touch in particular seems very acute.

So now that I've stepped through the door, I realize what an amazing experience this is, and how it could definitely be used as a tool and as for recreation. I enjoyed the experience far more than pot or alcohol (although those will always hold a place in my heart), and I hope to try again in a few weeks (hopefully with LSD, hopefully with some other trippers or possibly alone).

So that's that. Happy New Year, by the way!

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Aztek GoatBecoming Eagle

Loc: BC, Canada
Re: A wondrous first trip [Re: AvastYe]
    #3561652 - 12/30/04 03:56 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Welcome to the world of Psychedelics.... I am glad you had a great first trip! :smile:

"my old friend told me
to do well always
set your sails, open
ride your waves, flowing
just relax, sober
leave you past, it's over
bind two hands, stronger
my soul waits, forward" - Arjun and Guardians

Loc: London, UK
Re: A wondrous first trip [Re: CeeThruMeer]
    #3561672 - 12/30/04 04:02 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Sounds like you had a good one, to quote CeeThruMeer, welcome to the world of psychedelics :thumbup: :P.

A lot of what you experienced sounds almost word for word what my trips are like, mostly noticing detail in things, and enhanced red and green especially.

dick butterfly
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: Yawning Chasm
Re: A wondrous first trip [Re: CeeThruMeer]
    #3563650 - 12/31/04 01:15 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

CeeThruMeer said:
Welcome to the world of Psychedelics.... I am glad you had a great first trip! :smile:

^^^^^^^^^^^^ :thumbup: :laugh: :sun:

User Gallery

Loc: inside
Re: A wondrous first trip [Re: AvastYe]
    #3563686 - 12/31/04 01:24 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Nah Shrooms are the way to go, Cubensis variety.., I can't wait until I get more, I am goona get atleast a quarter ounce and do it with my friend... or alone, I haven't decided yet, I think I will try and get some tomorrow...humm yea~!

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Scales

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience >> Trip Reports