Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinemike57
Stranger
General Question
    #3560438 - 12/30/04 04:46 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

I've seen some guys post that they crumble their cakes after the second or third flush and turn them into casings. I've always either done it one way or the other that is to say I've always used fresh cakes or wbs or rye for my casings. I now have 24 cakes going on their third and mabye last flush would it be wise to turn them into casings at this point, that is to say would I get a lot of extra flushes out of the casings this way?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineIGnosticAbhorI
Stranger-er

Re: General Question [Re: mike57]
    #3560470 - 12/30/04 05:34 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Well you'll probably have to cold shock em and dunk them first, then you could case, but just remeber that every flush after the first is more susceptiable to contams., but yea you can do it, and good luck
:thumbup:

Offlinecharvo
JOURNEYMAN
Male

Loc: In The Hand Of The World
Re: General Question [Re: IGnosticAbhorI]
    #3560702 - 12/30/04 08:22 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

spawning with cakes that have been in open air for some time will probably result in contamination of the new substrate.

--------------------

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: General Question [Re: IGnosticAbhorI]
    #3560949 - 12/30/04 10:43 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

IGnosticAbhorI said:
Well you'll probably have to cold shock em and dunk them first, then you could case, but just remeber that every flush after the first is more susceptiable to contams., but yea you can do it, and good luck
:thumbup:

Ignostic, you've posted this a few times now..you should not cold shock (if done at all, its not needed at all with proper iniation timing) UNTIL you want the mushrooms to start pinning and vegatative grow to slow and stop. You dont want to do this until after the casing layer has been properly colonized. If you dunk a cake or casing right before making it or right after making it, the casing layer won't fully colonize and you'll be doing yourself harm, not good.

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract