Home | Community | Message Board

The Spore Depot
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
High libido...psychological reasons?
    #3560414 - 12/30/04 06:26 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

I was wondering if there were explanations in psychiatry for people with high libido. I feel I have unnaturally high libido, and it can get to be a pain sometimes. I've been like this my entire life (started pleasuring myself in 4th grade) and sometimes it can cause problems. I always feel aroused and unsatiated sexually. I was even wondering if this is because one of my chakras was out of whack. I'd like to get interested in Tantric Sex, because maybe that would help me learn to control this beast.

Any comments or thoughts?

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineMushmonkey
shiftlesslayabout
 User Gallery

Re: High libido...psychological reasons? [Re: MOTH]
    #3560450 - 12/30/04 07:01 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Wow I nearly threw an OTD-esque post out there :laugh:

I don't have many comments but'd be interested in hearin them.  I get the same way when I'm in a relationship..  and out, but I've figured out that masturbating constantly can be lame ;D

I wouldn't say 4th grade's all that early.  I'd hope at least :| heh
nah but honestly, that's not all that early really.  I mean hell, that's when I started growing facial hair.  Granted, crappily thin facial hair, but it starting pushin out when I was 10.

Not sure the why's of it all exactly, but it's somethin pretty deep-rooted, that's for sure.  Funny story I just remembered, but I'd passed out in a friend of mine's bed once, i forget why.  She came up to wake me up..  and I grabbed her boob.  While asleep.  She sent her boyfriend up to wake me up then :wink:  didn't say anything though, since I was obviously still asleep when I did it -- my eyes had shot open, but were still rolled back into my head.

--------------------
i finally got around to making a sig
revel in its glory and quake in fear at its might
grar.

Invisibleuriahchase
Skinny White Boy
Male User Gallery Arcade Champion: Cat-a-pult, Pingu Slap

Loc: PNW
Re: High libido...psychological reasons? [Re: Mushmonkey]
    #3560639 - 12/30/04 09:44 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

get a girlfriend who likes the cock! i see no problem there. but abusing yourself on a daily more than once daily basis is pretty sad i think. have control, get laid, and get a fuckin hobby sir.....the reason you whack-off so much is cuz your mind is only thinkin' about sex,and how to get,since your not getting any you beat-off. trust me, go out to clubs, or wherever it is you meat people and find a decent girl who'll help you out. Then, you wont even care about your high labido dude.... I never been with a chick who was dissapointed to see that i was "ready" but have heard about girls who were dissapointed when their guy was layin down on the job. Embrace your labido!!!and stop embracing yourself........................OH,have you ever had a steady sexual relationship? cuz after i lost my virginity, sex was ALL i could think about. shit, before i did it...i never knew what i was missing. and also..if you're still a virgin(get laid) you;ll see how lame fuckin your hand is....

--------------------
Wanting to be someone else is a waste of the person you are -Kurt Cobain

Hotter than the left sink handle.

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Re: High libido...psychological reasons? [Re: uriahchase]
    #3560740 - 12/30/04 10:49 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

uriahchase said:
get a girlfriend who likes the cock! i see no problem there. but abusing yourself on a daily more than once daily basis is pretty sad i think. have control, get laid, and get a fuckin hobby sir

I'm about to make a jackass out of you...

1.) I'm a woman

2.) I'm married

3.) I get sex just about every day and still end up pleasuring myself.

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

#3560748 - 12/30/04 10:55 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

solace with sparks
it is ok to be charged up
and to charge up
by intent.

you already know that.

the reccommendations against it are a form of mind control, and crowd control.

especially if your relationships with people, work, and development are not hampered I see no reason to change, even if you are on the edge of the bell curve.

in a way it is encouraging.

OfflineMushmonkey
shiftlesslayabout
 User Gallery

Re: High libido...psychological reasons? [Re: uriahchase]
    #3560781 - 12/30/04 11:25 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Last girlfriend was actually if anything I'd say worse than me.  When we went to NYC and walked all over the damned place (no cabs would stop for us -- go figure, two early-20-something suburban white kids can't get a cab.  i now refuse to pay attention to anyone claiming it's racist that cabs won't stop for them :blush: anyway), I was friggin BEAT, and got goaded into a goading.
and as i said..  i've gotten comfortable with being single.  screw the whole bar/club scene, it sucks.  just save all that energy for when someone does come along.  so nyah to that.

Ell, actually sounds similar to ^^ that situation I was talkin about.  I'd say being overly horny is much less of a problem than being underly horny.  It was fun as hell while it lasted, and had it lasted longer it still would've been fun as hell.  Only down side I could think of was after a few months solid, things weren't always as strong.  Then again, that might've just been on my side of things..  regardless, much fun all around.

--------------------
i finally got around to making a sig
revel in its glory and quake in fear at its might
grar.

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Re: High libido...psychological reasons? [Re: Mushmonkey]
    #3560829 - 12/30/04 11:52 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

I should mention that I'm not constantly horny ALL the time. Just whenever it hits (usually every two weeks or so) it's all I can think about. Probably just has to do with hormones though.

OfflinePedM
Interested In Your Brain
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Canada
    #3560841 - 12/30/04 12:06 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

EllemyshShade,

The best way to explore this problem, I think, is to abandon any feelings you might have that cause you to feel distressed. Distressing feelings can only muddle our perceptions and jumble our thoughts, preventing us from taking the necessary steps to move past our problems. Once you are free of that distraction, you'll be able to ask yourself the necessary questions which will help you discover causes behind the effects which are becoming problematic for you.

There are two objects, two effects, which need to be examined to discover what is going on. The first object to examine is the high libido itself: why is it so high? What is the cause of such a frequent desire for sexual gratification? Is it physiological or psychological? The second object to examine is your own perception of your high libido: why do you conceive of your frequent desire for sex as something negative? What has caused you to perceive a high libido as problematic?

There are so many possible answers to these questions that it would be hopeless for any of us to speculate. I think you would benefit from a long-term dialog with someone you trust, who is insightful, and who is willing to walk with you until you feel you've reached a positive solution.

Since a high libido is manifesting as a negative effect for you, it stands to reason that it has a negative cause. Once you can find that cause, you can make changes in it which will alter the effect, your libido. If it is a physiological or psychological problem, it might be that once you discover the cause, your libido will drop significantly. Or, if it is a perceptual problem, it might be that your libido will remain as it is, but it will no longer be unmanagable for you. Either way, there is a negative causal cycle occuring in you, and there is no doubt that with effort and patience you have the ability to transform it into something positive.

All the best!

--------------------

:poison: Dark Triangles - New Psychedelic Techno Single - Listen on Soundcloud :poison:
Gyroscope full album available SoundCloud or MySpace

Edited by Ped (12/30/04 12:09 PM)

OfflineAlan Stone
Corpus

Loc: Ten feet up
    #3560852 - 12/30/04 12:10 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Have you discussed this with your husband?

--------------------
It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

- Aristotle

OfflineAmber_Glow
Sat Chit Anand

#3560918 - 12/30/04 12:34 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

EllemyshShade said: I am horny all the time like a guy.

That's right! I am horny all the time too because I am a guy. Welcome to our world!!!

Edited by Amber_Glow (12/30/04 12:35 PM)

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Loc: South Florida Flag
    #3561006 - 12/30/04 01:03 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Mark your calendar for waxing and waning of the horney period - just so you know when. Of course, I'm gonna sound like a typical male, but I would appreciate it if my Lady sexed herself up for me on a couple of those particularly horney nights during the cycle with erotica: corset, platform heels, etc. That common fetish-wear drives me crazy and my orgasms are more powerful and fulfilling. Perhaps throwing some similar fuel on the fire for your husband would translate into his performance (psychologically as well - 'fetishistically-enhanced' sexual desire for you - assuming he has some fetish-interests) and in your satisfaction.

It isn't unusual for males to have really good sex and then masturbate a while later. It does not mean the sex wasn't great, it's more like a kind of snowballing (no pun intended :smile: ) of libido. After a recovery period, when horniness still prevails but the Lady of the house is blissfully sleeping, or the climactic mood is spent, and further sexual advances wouldn't be welcomed (even if they were tolerated), then masturbation justs gets things out of one's system. How does this compare with female sexual response?

--------------------
γνῶθι σαὐτόν - Gnothi Seauton - Know Thyself

InvisibleMoonshoe
Blue Mantis (Retired)
 User Gallery

Loc: Iceland
    #3562130 - 12/30/04 06:21 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

nothing wrong with masturbation of a high labido. masturbate as much as you want, its physically good for you (prevents prostate cancer in males, gets your heart working) and can relieve stress, as long as your not leaving class to jerk off or something.

energetically speaking your second, genital chakra could be said to be overbalanced on the positive side, but thats all i can say.

--------------------

Everything I post is fiction. This poster is no longer active.

Invisibleuriahchase
Skinny White Boy

Re: High libido...psychological reasons? [Re: Moonshoe]
    #3562206 - 12/30/04 06:43 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

hmmm....okay so ur a girl. get a man who loves to please you, one who thinks about constantly having sex, one who will rock ur world sooo hard that after wards your like" damn that was great sex! " and you dont have the need to molest yourself. that must be the key.....ur just not having good enough enough sex. and the whole hobby thing still applies...it might keep your mind off your sexual frustrations!

--------------------

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Loc: mndfreeze's puppet army
    #3562234 - 12/30/04 06:54 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

My libido has actually gone down a bit in the past year or so. I used to masturbate every day, but now I can go up to a week or two without it. I guess maybe it's my hormones adapting to the lack of sex in my life. I'm not sure if there's necessarily any underlying psychological issues having to do with the strength of one's libido. I think it's just a way in which humans differ from one another.

--------------------

"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong."--Voltaire

Offline13eetleJuice
the ghost with the most
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 6' under pushin up shroom...
Re: High libido...psychological reasons? [Re: silversoul7]
    #3562262 - 12/30/04 07:03 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Maybe I'm about to go a little overboard here but I can't help myself...

Uriahchase, your posts seem to me to be a failed attempt at humor. If this is the case, I'll tell you now, this is the wrong place for it. It pisses me off to no end to see someone come here and ask a sincere, personal, heartfelt question, only to have someone like you come along and take it for a joke. OTD is down the hall to the right. Come on in there with your jokes. I'll eat your ass for breakfast.

If you were sincere in your post, then my appologies to you in advance. I however, strongly doubt the sincerety of what you just said.

--------------------

Invisibleuriahchase
Skinny White Boy

Re: High libido...psychological reasons? [Re: 13eetleJuice]
    #3562271 - 12/30/04 07:07 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

a.hem. okay, now i could have just said "well now, miss ____ how often do you please yourself? okay and how often do you have sex? hmmm i see. yada yada yada. then said the same thing..... u are just not being stisfied. period. which is a boring response so yeah, i try to mix in a little humor here and there.

--------------------

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Re: High libido...psychological reasons? [Re: Amber_Glow]
    #3562748 - 12/30/04 09:31 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Amber_Glow said:
Quote:

EllemyshShade said: I am horny all the time like a guy.

That's right! I am horny all the time too because I am a guy. Welcome to our world!!!

I never wrote that sentence. Why misquote me?

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Re: High libido...psychological reasons? [Re: Alan Stone]
    #3562769 - 12/30/04 09:37 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Alan Stone said:
Have you discussed this with your husband?

Yep. He has a much lower libido then I do. I get so much pleasure out of having sex with him, and it is the best, but less then a few moments later, I'm aroused again. Sometimes it gets frustrating. It is a problem with me, not him. He gives me all the sex he can, but I am still left wanting.

If it is my second chakra, then I imagine that chakra is open wide, like an oozing sore. I think my next shroom trip I'm going to focus on balancing all my chakras out. Because I hate having to be obsessed with getting off all the time.

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Re: High libido...psychological reasons? [Re: MarkostheGnostic]
    #3562789 - 12/30/04 09:41 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

MarkostheGnostic said:
It isn't unusual for males to have really good sex and then masturbate a while later. It does not mean the sex wasn't great, it's more like a kind of snowballing (no pun intended :smile: ) of libido. After a recovery period, when horniness still prevails but the Lady of the house is blissfully sleeping, or the climactic mood is spent, and further sexual advances wouldn't be welcomed (even if they were tolerated), then masturbation justs gets things out of one's system. How does this compare with female sexual response?

After I make love with my husband, I have a brief period (about 10 minutes) where I feel perfectly content.  Then it takes one sexy thought to get me back up there again.  I simply don't have any self-control.  It's definitely worse around certain times of the month. 

Oh, and thanks for all of the replies, even the "humorous" ones.  :wink:

OfflineLizard_King
Twisted from theother side ofDeath
Male
Loc: Vansterdam
    #3564012 - 12/31/04 03:10 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

*buzz* *buzz* ...

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology