Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Invisiblez@z.com
Libertarian
Loc: ATL
Falling down on mushrooms.
    #3559641 - 12/30/04 12:59 AM (12 years, 27 days ago)

Some friends and I went to the mountains the other day for a nice trip. One of my friends took 3.5 grams and about one hour into the trip he just fell down in mid sentence and busted his head wide open. We patched him up (our trip sitter was a nurse so he was in good hands), but about 3 seconds after he fell he was completely coherent again and wondering how he got on the floor. After that about every half hour he would suddenly colapse for no discernable reason (he wasn't tripping that hard). Has anyone ever seen this happen before?

--------------------
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." - C.S. Lewis

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniencies attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Anonymous

Re: Falling down on mushrooms. [Re: z@z.com]
    #3559670 - 12/30/04 01:04 AM (12 years, 27 days ago)

a friend of mine fell once, but lightly...that sucks your friend cracked his dome :frown:

my friend fell, and then when i nudged him he was all confused and ran upstairs(he fell down at the foot of the stairs)

the next day i ask him what happened and he said he thought he was already upstairs the whole time, then suddenly he was downstairs.

so i told him he apparently fell out of his body, a spontaneous OBE. he ate 30g fresh

Invisiblenewusername222
Stranger
Male User Gallery
    #3559685 - 12/30/04 01:07 AM (12 years, 27 days ago)

I've gone all funky and felt like I was gonna pass out and caught myself before I fell and sat down. Usually I clear up. On pretty high doses, like 30 dry grams or more, I've passed out or at least think I was passed out, but I was still tripping, so maybe I was awake. Usually I can't hardly move anyways on those doses, and so I'm either laying down or sitting and curled up.

Anonymous

Re: Falling down on mushrooms. [Re: ]
    #3559709 - 12/30/04 01:10 AM (12 years, 27 days ago)

dont know about yoru friend though, that would suck ass, id have lain my ass down after the first time.

Invisiblez@z.com
Libertarian
Loc: ATL
Re: Falling down on mushrooms. [Re: ]
    #3559721 - 12/30/04 01:12 AM (12 years, 27 days ago)

He was sitting after the first time, but he kept falling out of the chair.

--------------------
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." - C.S. Lewis

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniencies attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson

Offlineleafing
Male User Gallery
Loc: Flag
    #3559905 - 12/30/04 01:50 AM (12 years, 27 days ago)

i remember a friend of mine on acid blacking out every minute or so... if i wasnt there to hold her shed probably have brain damage

--------------------

"The psychedelic experience is just the temporary disruption of psychophysics and the telepathic emergence of synchronic linguistics "

~Leafing~

Offlinebluedolphin

Re: Falling down on mushrooms. [Re: leafing]
    #3560042 - 12/30/04 02:23 AM (12 years, 27 days ago)

YES

I have had this happen twice. Once on a mystery mushroom chocolate, during the comeup at a concert,... I started getting very dizzy and disoriented, lost my balance, and my vision went white. Next thing I knew my vision was coming back, I had fallen to my knees, and people were staring at me.

The other time was on a comedown off 2 grams of decent shrooms. While sitting in a couch I started getting dizzy and nauseous all of a sudden, so I stood up and walked towards the bathroom and my vision started whiting out and I lost my balance and next thing I knew I was lying on my back and the ceiling started fading back into my vision.

Both of these left me disoriented / stunned for 10-15 minutes afterwards.

I believe both of these were due to low blood sugar and/or dehydration because on both occasions I had eaten barely and food and barely any fluid before and during the trip.

But I have only had this happen on shrooms.

Here is a link to a trip report about the 2nd experience on Bluelight:
http://www.bluelight.nu/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=139888&r=4

OfflineCeeThruMeer
Aztek GoatBecoming Eagle

Loc: BC, Canada
Re: Falling down on mushrooms. [Re: bluedolphin]
    #3560084 - 12/30/04 02:35 AM (12 years, 27 days ago)

Does your friend have any past history of concusions or anything... a good friend of mine suffered a concusion last summer... and last tiem I did mushrooms with him he started to black out and stumble and almost fell... but i put my arm over huis shoulders and helped him balance while he drank water,.... then he sorta snapped out of it...

another peson I know totally passed out while we were high (on pot only) in this funky little restaurant.... he fell right onto our table (he was standing)... thankfully our food hadnt arrived... but this kid has had quite a few concusions skiing... so my guess was that it was just a little to much for the old brain to handle.

--------------------
"my old friend told me
to do well always
set your sails, open
ride your waves, flowing
just relax, sober
leave you past, it's over
bind two hands, stronger
my soul waits, forward" - Arjun and Guardians

Offlinedjd586
Underpants Gnome

Re: Falling down on mushrooms. [Re: CeeThruMeer]
    #3562150 - 12/30/04 06:27 PM (12 years, 26 days ago)

I don't think fainting or blacking out is too uncommon for people who use shrooms. Taking shrooms can cause Serotonin Irritation Syndrome, which is only temporary for people who are high. It's basically just a dramatic rise in serotonin levels in the blood. Symptoms include headache, difficulty in breathing, a rise in blood pressure, increased intestinal peristalsis, hot flushes, slow thinking, fainting spells, heightened sensitivity to pain, moodiness and emotional irritability. Serotonin builds up in the blood because the receptors are taken up by psilocin or psilocybin. The enzymes that break down the serotonin can't react quick enough and levels rise rapidly.

--------------------

Phase 1... collect underpants... phase 2...??? ... Phase 3 - PROFIT!

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience