Home | Community | Message Board

Shroom Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop: ½ Pint Jars, Wild Bird Seed

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineChrisHippyLoser
Dope Smoker

Loc: Big Tex
12 of 12 jars showing good growth on day 5...contemplating next steps...
    #3558392 - 12/29/04 07:51 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Hey everybody! Well...for those of you who remember my last threads...something about spore solution for 4 lb bags and my other in praise of THE...well...my bags have not yet arrived...i'll probably use 2 cc on each of the 3 bags...then save my other 6 cc for use in more jars...or maybe try my hand at karo....

I innoc'd 12 jars on christmas eve...now, not even a full 5 days later...all 12 are showing signs of growth...the best being proably about 1/8 visibly colonized and the worst having just a few little spots....but all nice white myc growth...no nasty green mold or anything....

well...i'm thinking i may case 6 of the jars and allow the other 6 to grow off of the cakes...i'll also split the 2 groups into seperate containers...no need to risk cross contams.....

is worth it to case 6 jars? i'm thinking it is, but i have no practical experience, so....

my jars are 1/2 pint jam jars, so they're not the short fat ones, they're more tall and slim (all the store had)....i was thinknig about doing a dunk and roll before birthing, that will also serve as a cold shock, correct? i'm planning on using store bought distilled water. does the initial water temp matter? will there be any difference if i use room temp water and then stick it in the fridge, or should i pre-cool the water?

since the jars are tall & slim i was considering cutting the cakes in half...anybody got an opinion on that? good/bad idea? i figured it would add just that much more surface area...hell...maybe cut a few of them into quarters? i dunno...

i'll birth into some sort of rubbermaid containers or something with clear tops and opaque sides and place a blue fluoro overhead...

if anybody has any suggestions or pointers i'm all ears...

thanks everyone!!

also, i've got my first pics but they're all over 200kb...any advise on how i can get them below 200kb so that i can upload some??

Edited by ChrisHippyLoser (12/29/04 09:45 PM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinepsychedelic_sam
Life is shortenjoy

Loc: Hell in a bucket
Re: 12 of 12 jars showing good growth on day 5...contemplating next steps... [Re: ChrisHippyLoser]
    #3558525 - 12/29/04 08:30 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

I have some of those tall jam jars also, seems like they colonize faster then the short fat ones, I just left mine whole no fruits on them yet but pinning.
My only worry is when it fruits i think it may tip,
casing is the way to go from all my reading and thats what im going to start concentrating on, im switching to wbs its so much better then pf (just my 2 cents), 4 jars wbs %100 after 8 days compared to pf jars taking forever to colonize.

--------------------

Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile...;)

Offlineinfamous
LeArnin ThARoPes
 User Gallery

Loc: dark side of the moon
Re: 12 of 12 jars showing good growth on day 5...contemplating next steps... [Re: psychedelic_sam]
    #3558919 - 12/29/04 10:29 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

i dont see any reason why cutting cakes in half would harm besides maybe a slight increase or decrease in yield. Try it out and let us know what happens. I would say you have a good chance of them tipping as well especially if you get some nice size caps on em.

If you can go with casing, youll get much better yields.

--------------------
The land of the free on paper looks great!

here I stand head in hand turn my face to the wall

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop: ½ Pint Jars, Wild Bird Seed

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation