Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineSilent_Echo
~~Psychonaut~~

Loc: Inside My Head
i have a question about bags....
    #3557614 - 12/29/04 02:23 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

hey everyone, i did a search and didn't come up with much of anything, but i was wondering has anyone had any good yields using the mycobag or similar setups? if so what did you do? any speical techniques that i need to know? thanks for any info

peace

--------------------
Life is only a dream and we are the imagination of ourselves.
-Bill Hicks (R.I.P)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: i have a question about bags.... [Re: Silent_Echo]
    #3557651 - 12/29/04 02:34 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Click search posts at the top. Search in "Mushroom Cultivation" (choose from the drop down list) and in the search box type:

substrate grow bag bags

Change where it says posts before 1 month to 6 months and click search. Theres plenty of info.

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

InvisibleADoobie
AdoobieShroomery
Male
Loc: I moved!
Re: i have a question about bags.... [Re: Silent_Echo]
    #3557694 - 12/29/04 02:47 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Bags have ups and downs to jars. The up is if you are talking myco bags, you are talking idiot-proof. You just...can't mess them up unless you are trying to. You WILL GET FRUITS.

Having said that, they sort of loose their use once they get to the fruiting stage. Although the website boasts it is capable of fruiting INSIDE the bag (which, it is)...it is almost a waste of you time and money...not to mention close to abusive to your sensitive new myc.

Consider:

Shrooms are happiest when their natural habitat is stimulated and then improved upon. FIRST, you must stimulate the natural habitat (that is to say; outdoors: fresh air, moisture, light cycles)

Now lets improve.
Fresh air: How would you like your mom to carry you around in a plastic bag until you are say...oh...30? The bags don't allow for much fresh air. If you are dealing with jars, you  birth your cakes into a much larger home. Sure, you have to fan both your fruiting chamber (for jars) and your bags...but once you fan those bags, there is far less time for the co2 to develop around your shrooms.Obviously, there is a clear advantage right there in using jars over bags when it comes to fruiting.

Moisture: Unless your bags are closed *which would just really suck, considering what we just talked about. Now you REALLY can't fan them*, they will start to dry out if open. So you have to mist. True, you might have to be misting your cakes if you don't have another humidification device...but misting an aquarium is easy to do without misting your shrooms. Misting a bag is another ballpark my friend. You  will a) deposit a bunch of water in one spot by running it down the walls of the bag, or b) get a bunch on your caps...encouraging a host of problems.

Number three, light cycles. If you birth your cakes, there is no worry about 360o pinning/fruiting. In fact it's great to see your cakes get covered by shrooms. A bag however, is clear. All sides are exposed to light, which (unless taped over) might initiate pinning on the sides...causing more problems.

So right there are three DOWNSIDES to bags when it comes to fruiting.  Those three factors have a BIG impact on your yields (quantity AND quality).

The solution is to case 'dem biotches :smile:

--------------------
ADoobie said:
I know what strikes me as odd about this. It is totally unnatural. The whole idea is just totally backwards.

So are historians going to look back at 'The Great Cake Eaters'? Damn. That was a backwards step in the evolutionary process. We left Shroomheads in the dust. Welcome to the new age of Vermheads.

VvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVv

I ONLY STUDY legal, edible mushrooms and mycology. Any mention of any other kind of mushroom is purely fictional, and pictures are ripped from the internet. I do not grow mushrooms!

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: i have a question about bags.... [Re: ADoobie]
    #3557718 - 12/29/04 02:54 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

The thing with bags is you can use the bag to case in..once colonized you can just cut off the top and throw on a casing layer and throw it in your chamber and give it the optimal conditions. THe sides could be covered with tin foil or tape if your worried about it but I use clear containers and love side pinning...more mushrooms..

Another benifit of bags is the ability to sterilize and incubate more substrate at once..jars take up a good amount of space..

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore Bulk Substrate