Home | Community | Message Board

Kraken Kratom
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineBlueDogAnchorite
The jury arecoming, comingto tear me apart
How do thai and columbian compare to mexicans?
    #3557342 - 12/29/04 02:48 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

I was mainly intersted in how they differ in potency?

also, I am confused about hawaiian mushrooms, I've seen them advertised under different names, copelandia cyanescens, Panaeolus Cyanescens and hawaiian copelandia. Are they all the same species!?!?

~cheers

--------------------
If god is all powerful, then the devil must be nothing more than a darkness in the mind of god, however if the devil is something real and seperate then perfection is impossible and god cannot exist, except in the aspirations of fallen angels.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineShroomehlouah
The glass isbending
Re: How do thai and columbian compare to mexicans? [Re: BlueDogAnchorite]
    #3557473 - 12/29/04 03:28 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Hello there, to answer about the hawaiins yes they're just a different strain of mushrooms, but higher I think in psilocybin.

I find that compared to mexicans thais are quite a bit more visual. The mexicans give your body quite a feeling and your thoughts become very confused, the thais are a lot less body feeling and quite easy to cover over. And I'd say the columbians are a mix of the 2(my favourite).

If you're starting then I suggest the thais as they're easier to control then expand after that.

Of course about all this I could be wrong? It's just from personal experience and many things can influence a trip

--------------------
"If the words 'life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness' don't include the right to experiment with your own consciousness, then the Declaration of Independence isn't worth the hemp it was written on."

Invisiblegdman
badger, badger,badger...
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dancing In the Streets
Re: How do thai and columbian compare to mexicans? [Re: BlueDogAnchorite]
    #3557562 - 12/29/04 04:02 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

The Thais, Colombians, and Mexicans should be pretty similar, they are all cubensis. The copes are a different species and are more potent, yes all those diffrent names for copes mean the same thing.

--------------------

Got a question about a substance?  Erowid might already have your answer! Have questions about the  mushroom experience? The  Tripper's FAQ may have your answer or someone else might have had your question before.

I know up on the top you are seeing great sights, but down at the bottom we, too, should have rights.
  - Theodor Seuss Geisel Dr. Suess

"I didn't come here to be easily understood" - Steve

OfflineChazzersize
Pokemon Master
Male

Loc: Center Of The World
Re: How do thai and columbian compare to mexicans? [Re: Shroomehlouah]
    #3558070 - 12/29/04 06:29 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Shroomehlouah said:

I find that compared to mexicans thais are quite a bit more visual. The mexicans give your body quite a feeling and your thoughts become very confused.

If you're starting then I suggest the thais as they're easier to control then expand after that.

Now, don't get me wrong....but isn't the only thing that differentiates a psylocybe from another psylocybe is the amount of psilocybin IN the mushroom.

I don't recall ever hearing of another chemical that could be a variable in determining the effects of different mushrooms. I think it's all hearsay.

--------------------
Take off my mask and leave the lies to the liars.

InvisiblesuiM
I love you.
Male User Gallery

Loc: Cali, Contra Costa Co. Flag
Re: How do thai and columbian compare to mexicans? [Re: Chazzersize]
    #3559397 - 12/30/04 12:20 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Chazzersize said:
Quote:

Shroomehlouah said:

I find that compared to mexicans thais are quite a bit more visual. The mexicans give your body quite a feeling and your thoughts become very confused.

Now, don't get me wrong....but isn't the only thing that differentiates a psylocybe from another psylocybe is the amount of psilocybin IN the mushroom.

I don't recall ever hearing of another chemical that could be a variable in determining the effects of different mushrooms.  I think it's all hearsay.

Well i think that the different ratios of the active chemicals in a shroom can cause different aspects of the trip to be more prevelant. The 3 chemicals are Psilocybin, Psilocin, and Beocystin. I dont know much about Beocystin, but i believe that the amounts and ratios of these chemicals in shrooms make the trip to be different. IE if you had a shroom that is high in Psilocin compared to the other two chemicals, lets say Psilocybe Cyanofibrillosa And a shroom that is high in in Psilocybin Compared to the other chemicals, lets say Psilocybe Cyanescens, the actual trip would be very similar but have different attributes because of the different ratios of chemicals. :mushroom2:

--------------------

$30, help me out and buy one!
Square Store - https://squareup.com/store/peace-angel-clothing-ent

Paypal - peaceangelclothingent@gmail.com

"There is never a wrong note, bend it."
Jimi Hendrix

OfflineChazzersize
Pokemon Master
Male

Loc: Center Of The World
Re: How do thai and columbian compare to mexicans? [Re: sui]
    #3559605 - 12/30/04 12:54 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Ah. Well, thank you for clearing that up. Even if that is a theory...it's believable to me :sun:

--------------------
Take off my mask and leave the lies to the liars.

InvisiblesuiM
I love you.
Male User Gallery

Loc: Cali, Contra Costa Co. Flag
Re: How do thai and columbian compare to mexicans? [Re: Chazzersize]
    #3559626 - 12/30/04 12:58 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Chazzersize said:
Ah. Well, thank you for clearing that up. Even if that is a theory...it's believable to me :sun:

Yeah just a theory on my part.

--------------------

$30, help me out and buy one!
Square Store - https://squareup.com/store/peace-angel-clothing-ent

Paypal - peaceangelclothingent@gmail.com

"There is never a wrong note, bend it."
Jimi Hendrix

OfflineBlueDogAnchorite
The jury arecoming, comingto tear me apart
Re: How do thai and columbian compare to mexicans? [Re: sui]
    #3563796 - 12/31/04 01:51 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Thanks for the info guys, I have been on two trips so far.

My first trip was 60g of fresh thai.. from a head shop. (we had taken some before and nothing had happened, so we took more just in case)
I was experiencing strong visual distortions and a few "almost" real full on hallucinations at the peak.
I crave stronger doses now.. I want to take 100g.

it was a very funny experience, perhaps I should write a trip report.

My second trip was with about 30g thai, it took about two hours to even begin and not much happened, but I want more.

And so I came to love mushrooms :smile:

I want to experience powerful halucinations that will make me gasp,
I'm prepared for the floor to become transparent and to find myself floating in an alien city, or for the lights to be off in the livingroom, and for the pile of books on the hi-fi that looks like the profile of a man to suddenly burst into light and for a screaming raging demon to erupt into my sight with all the thrill from a horror film or nightmare.

Alternatively a nice relaxing discussion with my group wouldn't go amiss :smile:

--------------------
If god is all powerful, then the devil must be nothing more than a darkness in the mind of god, however if the devil is something real and seperate then perfection is impossible and god cannot exist, except in the aspirations of fallen angels.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience