Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Contamination Forum

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineFarmerD
journeyman
 User Gallery

Loc: US OF A BABY!!!!!!
JAR COMPARISON
    #3557097 - 12/29/04 01:35 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

So okay here it goes........I have two jars inoculated with same syringe but the difference is one is a half pint and the other is a full pint.........now the little jar has cloud like growth like I always thought mycelium should be.........then the big jar seems to be bright white but stringy and stretchy like its reaching out.........but its not so thick like the little jar....I mean in some areas its overgrown but you can still see the rice.........I was wondering if this could possibly be a contam.

--------------------
None of these statements are to be taken seriously. FarmerD is a fictional character, and so are the things he posts.

"He who reaches for the stars often stumble on a simple straw."
Blue Fairy Supplies for all your shrooming needs!
Special thanks to MushroomMadness for great deals!

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisibleblissedout
Male User Gallery

Loc: Yonder
Re: JAR COMPARISON [Re: FarmerD]
    #3557113 - 12/29/04 01:40 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

no, the stringy stuff sounds like normal myc growth. just let them colonize normally. you don't really have to worryt about contams spreading to outside the jars. good luck.

--------------------

:murray:

Invisiblewoodzmun
listening tonature
Re: JAR COMPARISON [Re: blissedout]
    #3557471 - 12/29/04 03:28 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

There are two type of myc. growth, the first is the cottony, puffy kind, and the second and best is the ropey, stringy type of growth called rhizmorphoric. Rhizo growth usually indicates that you will have a great fruiting, both are pure white and usually there are both types of growth in a jar before there fully colonized. Just a theory here, but I compare rhizo growth to like the roots of a plant, once a pin forms the rhizo growth supplies that pin with the nutes and water to grow to it's full potential. It sounds like you just have both type of growths, in different jars, a pic would confirm this if you can provide one, otherwise i would just let it ride and keep eye on it. GL.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Contamination Forum