Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineRiffSki
Fulltime stoner

Loc: Oslo, Norway
How to see my aura?
    #3553850 - 12/28/04 05:47 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

I read something some time ago how to see your aura, but i cant seem to find the post anyone knows?

--------------------
Arguing on the net is like competing in the special olympics. Even if you win you are still a retard.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineGomp
¡(Bound to·(O))be free!
Male User Gallery

Loc: I re·side [primarily] in...
Re: How to see my aura? [Re: RiffSki]
    #3553887 - 12/28/04 05:57 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Children and the Aura:
Very young children (up to 5 years of age) see auras naturally. Infants frequently look ABOVE a person in front of them. When they don't like the color of the aura above the head, or if this color is much different from their parent's aura, they cry, no matter how much smiling the person does.

http://www.thiaoouba.com/seeau.htm

--------------------

--------------------
Disclaimer!?

InvisibleRavus
Not an EggshellWalker
 User Gallery

Loc: Cave of the Patriarchs
    #3553961 - 12/28/04 06:15 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

You could take some mescaline or LSD. That has helped many see auras in the world around them

--------------------
So long as you are praised think only that you are not yet on your own path but on that of another.

OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

Loc: The Zero Point Field
Re: How to see my aura? [Re: Gomp]
    #3553964 - 12/28/04 06:16 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

I remember reading a book on seeing auras.  It gave simple instructions on how to see your very first aura, yours!  :grin:

Seriously, the author said to hold your hand in front of you, fingertips touching, in front of a white wall as a back drop.

Slowly bring your fingertips apart from each other, staring that the space between the fingertips, but not at the white wall directly behind where the fingertips were before you started to move them apart from each other.

The first time I saw my aura, it was blue and yellow.  The next time, it was green and purple.  It usually fluctuates between the two sets of colors.  I forget what the colors mean.

--------------------
The day will come when, after harnessing the ether, the winds, the tides, gravitation, we shall harness for God the energies of love. And, on that day, for the second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire.  -Teilard

OfflineTurd
Dr. Rock

Loc: Vulva, WA
    #3553996 - 12/28/04 06:22 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

I stayed up for 3 days once and was seeing "auras" for a good month afterwards

Offlineld50negative1
lethal dosage

Re: How to see my aura? [Re: Turd]
    #3555112 - 12/28/04 10:56 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Turd said:
I stayed up for 3 days once and was seeing "auras" for a good month afterwards

:rotfl: :thumbup:

--------------------

InvisibleSclorch
Clyster

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: On the Brink of Madness
    #3555141 - 12/28/04 11:03 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

RiffSki said:
I read something some time ago how to see your aura, but i cant seem to find the post anyone knows?

I can't ever see mine or anyone else's... but I've been assured that it's because I'm doing something wrong.

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension Flag
Re: How to see my aura? [Re: Sclorch]
    #3555152 - 12/28/04 11:05 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

--------------------

OfflineZekebomb
sociophagus

Loc: BC province
Re: How to see my aura? [Re: Frog]
    #3555447 - 12/29/04 12:15 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Frog said:
Seriously, the author said to hold your hand in front of you, fingertips touching, in front of a white wall as a back drop.

Slowly bring your fingertips apart from each other, staring that the space between the fingertips, but not at the white wall directly behind where the fingertips were before you started to move them apart from each other.

The first time I saw my aura, it was blue and yellow. The next time, it was green and purple.

from personal experience, this effect is due to the fact that images are burned into the retina, and therefore a slowly moving object which contrasts highly with its background will leave a trail of burned retina, which takes an amount of time to unburn. ('unburned' means the same as dark-adapted.) so, the space where your fingers were after you move them is filled in with retina that's still burned from when the fingers were still there. for some objective proof of this, try holding your hand up to the white wall for a while, stare at your fingers, and then shut your eyes. your hand's ghostly image will be floating before you, taunting you.

furthermore, when you stare hard at something, your eyes wiggle slightly. this is apparently to prevent you from sort of going blind, because if your eyes were to remain totally still all the images on your retinas would sort of burn on and the net effect would be to reduce the contrast to almost zero. so as you're staring at your hand in front of the white wall, your wiggling eyes make the image of your hand dance around, up down left right, which creates an area of semi-burned retina surounding the hand. an aura, if you will.

however, there is the matter of the colours... maybe when you burn your retina in this way, auras then become visible, and you can perceive the specific colouring and whatnot.

OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

Loc: The Zero Point Field
Re: How to see my aura? [Re: Zekebomb]
    #3555528 - 12/29/04 12:41 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Well, see?  As proven by Zekebomb, I'm just fos!  :grin:

Zeke, I'll make sure to notify the author of the book I read that the instructions given for people learning to see their auras is fucked up.  Thanks for your advice.  :grin:

--------------------
The day will come when, after harnessing the ether, the winds, the tides, gravitation, we shall harness for God the energies of love. And, on that day, for the second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire.  -Teilard

Offline13eetleJuice
the ghost with the most
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 6' under pushin up shroom...
    #3555604 - 12/29/04 01:10 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

The burned 'after-image' is the opposite color in the spectrum of that which was burned. If you paste a piece of black construction paper onto a white wall, then stare at it for oh, say 30 seconds or so. When you close your eyes, you will see a white square (the construction paper) surrounded by blackness. The inverse would be true if the wall were black and the paper were white.

Here's a quite famous example to illustrate my point. Stare at the 4 dots in the center of the picture for about 1 minute then avert your eyes to a white wall, a blank sheet of paper, or a lamp. A white circle will appear with a portrait in the middle.

--------------------

OfflineZekebomb
sociophagus

#3555610 - 12/29/04 01:12 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

haha, I didn't even know it was you until now

not saying it's fucked up. try the hand thing. I mean, my paradigm and your author's paradigm are not mutually exclusive. it's all paradigms, man. (takes a big hit) (holds it in)

try the hand thing though - hold your hand up in front of a white wall, stare at it (please note your wiggling eyeballs during this), then shut your eyes. if you can't see a ghost image of your hand, then you're a vampire.

OfflineZekebomb
sociophagus

#3555613 - 12/29/04 01:14 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

nice job juice, you found the jesus thing! and it seems to me, if you were to arrange the colours you see on a spectrum, and the colours they burn to on your retina, red is in the center, i.e. red is its own opposite

Offline13eetleJuice
the ghost with the most
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 6' under pushin up shroom...
    #3555630 - 12/29/04 01:26 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

There's an optical illusion like the one above, except in color and of Santa Claus, floating around somewhere on the net but I can't seem to find it. It would have been a better example illustrating the color inversions, but oh well. :shrug:

--------------------

Offlinethedman
I am the coyote
 User Gallery
Loc: out of this world
Re: How to see my aura? [Re: 13eetleJuice]
    #3555793 - 12/29/04 03:05 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

what is an aura,or what is it suppose to reprezent?

--------------------
Got to bag em up!

Invisibletrick

Loc: unknown
Re: How to see my aura? [Re: thedman]
    #3555824 - 12/29/04 03:16 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

an aura is static electricity created from your body, it goes with you and your body.

Edited by trick (12/29/04 03:17 AM)

InvisibleSclorch
Clyster

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: On the Brink of Madness
Re: How to see my aura? [Re: trick]
    #3555847 - 12/29/04 03:25 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

trick said:
an aura is static electricity created from your body, it goes with you and your body.

It seems that you and Shroomism (via the link he posted) hold quite different views on the nature of "auras". How are we to determine which view is correct (in terms of one or the other... and they seem to be mutually exclusive).

Invisibletrick

Loc: unknown
Re: How to see my aura? [Re: Sclorch]
    #3555859 - 12/29/04 03:29 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Sclorch said:
Quote:

trick said:

It seems that you and Shroomism (via the link he posted) hold quite different views on the nature of "auras".  How are we to determine which view is correct (in terms of one or the other... and they seem to be mutually exclusive).

i'm just stating the "scientifically correct" definition of auras. i also know of the spirituality element of an aura....and i really don't care what the definition is because of the fact that i believe they are there and it does not make any difference on why they are there. i believe the same about evolution and divine creation. i don't know how the fuck i got here besides the fact that my mother gave birth to me....and i really don't have a desire to understand this. sure, i can soak up scientific bullshit and commit myself to facts and statistics on what is and what isn't...but what's the use?

peace, love & auras. :smile:

Offlinethedman
I am the coyote
 User Gallery
Loc: out of this world
Re: How to see my aura? [Re: trick]
    #3555894 - 12/29/04 03:42 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

are you saying your just gonna die anyway,so you will find out neverless.
I mean isnt what all the questions about anyway the end?

--------------------
Got to bag em up!

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Loc: mndfreeze's puppet army
    #3556746 - 12/29/04 09:51 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

There's a technique called "soft focus," but too lazy to explain it right now. Just so you know, scientists explain auras as merely ionized moisture coming off one's body.

--------------------

"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong."--Voltaire

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder