Home | Community | Message Board

Magic Mushrooms Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisibledoozer
off the deep end
syringe appearance
    #355404 - 07/15/01 07:28 PM (22 years, 8 months ago)

I'm going to give this stuff another try. My first batch was total loss due probably to syringe contam. I have another syringe from the same order (dif strain). Its been about a month since it arrived. Is the syringe still good (if no contams)? Do spores live that long in water?

Also, it seems to have a cloudier appearance than it did when it frist arrived, kinda like a jelly that binds the pepper looking spores together. Is there like no chance this thing is gonna produce clean mycillium?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleGreat_Cthulhu
enthusiast

Loc: R'lyeh
Re: syringe appearance [Re: doozer]
    #355419 - 07/15/01 08:22 PM (22 years, 8 months ago)

Good luck. Both strains I got from you know who have the evil pink contam. Yes if the syringe is clean the spores should be good up to a year. If you see a jelly-like substance in the syringe now ...I don't know but it doesn't sound good. I say try it on a couple of jars and see. I wish you luck :)>

"That is not dead which may eternal lie..and with strange eons even death may die."

--------------------
"That is not dead which may eternal lie..and with strange eons even death may die."
Vote Great Cthulhu for President. Why vote for a lesser evil?

OfflineWorkmanV
1999 Spore War Veteran
Male User Gallery

Loc: Oregon, USA
Trusted Cultivator
    #355845 - 07/16/01 03:42 PM (22 years, 8 months ago)

Clean syringes are generally good for a year or longer in the frig. The cloudy (jellylike) globs are most likely germinating spores forming mycelium within the syringe (assuming its clean). This seems to happen with any good syringe given enough time. The more spores, the more clumpy it becomes. I am assuming the mycelium is feeding off of the shells of the spores as it grows as there shouldn't be any other food source in the syringe.

Aged syringes with clouds seem to work perfectly well, maybe better, since the spores are pregerminated. Then again, a contaminated syringe can have a difference appearance over time as well. The only contaminate syringe that I've looked at had a decidedly milky appearance that clouded up after shaking. I suspect that it was yeast or bacterial sediment in the syringe, like on the bottom of a bottle of wine. A mold contaminate might not be detectable unless the mold somehow sporulates in the syringe and becomes obvious. That probably won't happen unless there is a large air bubble in the syringe for the mold spores form out of the liquid.

Good luck, your syringe is probably fine. Where did you get them?

The Spore Works
Exotic Spore Supply

--------------------
Research funded by the patrons of
The Spore Works
Exotic Spore Supply

My Instagram
Reinvesting 25% of Sales Towards Basic Research and Species Identification :amanitajar:

Invisibledoozer
off the deep end
Re: syringe appearance [Re: Workman]
    #355924 - 07/16/01 07:05 PM (22 years, 8 months ago)

I innoc'ed 5 jars last night. This time I boiled the water, heated the verm and flour at 500 degrees and then when it cooled I mixed it up. Then I boiled for 1.5 hours at full boil well above the water (steamed). If that don't get it I don't know what will. I'll let you know what happens GC. I'm not holding my breath tho.
Workman: I got them from sporechicks

OfflineWorkmanV
1999 Spore War Veteran
Male User Gallery

Loc: Oregon, USA
Trusted Cultivator
    #357294 - 07/19/01 11:53 AM (22 years, 8 months ago)

I am curious as to how this will turn out. Keep us updated.

The Spore Works
Exotic Spore Supply

--------------------
Research funded by the patrons of
The Spore Works
Exotic Spore Supply

My Instagram
Reinvesting 25% of Sales Towards Basic Research and Species Identification :amanitajar:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract