Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisiblevandago
 User Gallery

Loc: .
Any dangers to smoking yopo?
    #3525434 - 12/20/04 07:44 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

I recently aquired some yopo seeds and I have about 50 or so but am planting about 10 so I have quite a few to experiment with. The other night I took 2 huge bong rips just to see what it was all about and it hit me pretty instantly like salvia does only a little more unpleasant. It tightened my gut and the back of my neck up extremely bad the first hit and I had to take a breath of fresh air outside. The second hit made my head feel incredibly heavy and pressed against and I started getting mild shroom like visuals, Bright colors trails objects seemed to want to "switch spots". Also when I did this though I got EXTREMELY hot and sweaty, and my heart sped up quite a bit which I was somewhat prepared for because I read up on boufentin.

So my question is, is the boufentin (sp?) harmful to your body. I've read a few things on erowid that say it is just as pyschoactive as 5-meo-dmt but with a few unpleasant side effects. I also read it produces NO pyschoactive effects and can possibly be fatal in too much. So is yopo safe or should I regulate how much I smoke. I really wanna have a breakthrough on it but wanna feel safe when I do it. Thanks.

Edited by vandago (12/20/04 07:51 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinekadakuda
The Great"Green".......East
 User Gallery

Loc: Asia
Re: Any dangers to smoking yopo? [Re: vandago]
    #3525569 - 12/20/04 08:41 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

i think in moderation its probably ok. but boufotenin isnt said to be that great for you. its in cain toad venom and that shit REALLY fucks people up. but im nto sure if tis that or somthing else in it.

i found snorting to be far better visuals and such, but nose goo is fuckign grose! when it runs down your throat...ewwwwwwwwwwww!

--------------------
The seeds you won't sow are the plants you dont grow.

InvisiblePriitK
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Any dangers to smoking yopo? [Re: kadakuda]
    #3526134 - 12/20/04 11:21 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

I like yopo.....I tried smoking 2-3 seeds it tastes like burnt peanuts. I didn't really get any effect smoking them other then feeling like I took 1-2 hits of marijuana. Maybe I didn't smoke fast enough? Should you dry them in oven/pan/candle flame first untill they pop before smoking? I just put them in and smoked them.

I like the effects of 5-6 yopo seeds with some lime. I really don't get many visuals with it but objects appear different. I like the trance I get in though...Zombie trance :P Very relaxed. I just hate when my nose starts dripping black globs of yopo mixture. Seems like it just keeps coming out for an hour.

What kind of visuals did you all get with smoking/snorting yopo? How much did you use?

l8

--------------------
I don't do drugs....I am drugs

Invisiblevandago
 User Gallery

Re: Any dangers to smoking yopo? [Re: PriitK]
    #3526696 - 12/21/04 05:31 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

I used 3 seeds for three people.  I took the black coating off and crushed them up into little chunks and mixed them in my 30 inch glass bong with a little weed ( the big huge bong may be what you need).  I took two huge rips from the bong holding each one in for around 30 seconds a piece and I was damn near gone.  I got visuals similar to that of a mushroom trip but everything seemed to be taking place faster. 

I could not snort this, no possible way.  I'm a pansy :wink: .  Nah I just don't put ANYTHING what so ever up my nose anymore.  One of my dealers gave me an 8 ball of ketamine that was cut 50% with aspirin and didn't bother telling me ( my first time doing K ) and when we finished it I was getting severe nose bleeds that would gush everywhere.  So I haven't stuck anything up there where it doesn't belong.  the smoking method seems to kick my ass though.  I had 4 friends try the same method and they were all damn near gone.

Invisibledr_gonz
. [Re: kadakuda]
    #3526787 - 12/21/04 06:30 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Invisiblevandago
 User Gallery

Re: Any dangers to smoking yopo? [Re: dr_gonz]
    #3528735 - 12/21/04 05:56 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Hmmm....anyone?

Offlinekadakuda
 User Gallery

#3529072 - 12/21/04 07:38 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

ya that has it too, but the cain toad is the one that really fucks people up (not in a good way) as in REALLY harms their body.

so 1 seed per person? sounds liek you got a good batch or you guys have small tolerance. i smoked 3 to my head and got vedry very little.

yes in x amount of quantity it is probably harmfull. smokeing anything is harmfull...its smoke! snorting anythign is probably not the best for you either... but i dont knwo of any studies on that.

--------------------

Invisiblevandago
 User Gallery

Re: Any dangers to smoking yopo? [Re: kadakuda]
    #3529153 - 12/21/04 07:56 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

What did you smoke it out of? I used an airtight water bong and got amazing results compared to what I've read online. But I guess what I'm asking is, is there a chance I could OD and choke on my puke or something ( may sound ignorant) but I'm just a worrier sometimes and I like to have peace of mind when I experiment.

Offlinekadakuda
 User Gallery

#3529454 - 12/21/04 09:45 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

i used a pipe and i think thats why...bongs are easier to get huge hits off of and my bong broke not too long ago.

OD im not sure, but i would bet its possibly....dont be dumb about it.

with DMT you should probably have a sober sitter, the the ideal situation. but even 3 other friends who are tripping is better than nothing. i always write on a card what ive done and what to do in case of emergencies etc when i trip and keep it in my wallet or pocket. dotn show anyone ever but if something does happen at least the help can have some hope in knowing what to do.

--------------------

Offlinefelixhigh
Scientist
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ly
    #3530002 - 12/21/04 11:41 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

i wouldn't worry about OD when playing with yopo seeds/snuff, one has to worry with pure bufotenine, which is active on a very small dosage.

i am of course excluding oral and MAOI combo.

regarding the bufo toads, i believe the main active compound there is 5-MEO-DMT.

FH

Invisiblevandago
 User Gallery

Re: Any dangers to smoking yopo? [Re: felixhigh]
    #3530931 - 12/22/04 08:39 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

I usually have a sitter present or at least other ppl taking turns experimenting with it. I've read about people having break throughs smoking/snorting yopo so I figure I should be safe in smoking it. I don't plan on snorting it my nose couldn't handle all the goop, and smoking seems to do the trick for me.

Offlinefelixhigh
Scientist
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ly
    #3531688 - 12/22/04 12:27 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

if you make a search on yopo/cebil you'll find a tonful of information that was already discussed here, methods of preparation, use, growing, etc...

a sitter is always a good idea, wish you the best luck with this ancient ally. don't give up easily, this ally demands a certain devotion from the psychonaut...
good luck!

FH

Invisiblevandago
 User Gallery

Re: Any dangers to smoking yopo? [Re: felixhigh]
    #3532562 - 12/22/04 04:55 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

I know how to use it, like I said I get amazing effects from a water bong smoking it and I'm not going to try snorting, and have already read numerous reports what not. I was Just wondering what would be the amount of boufentin in each seed and what would be the LD 50 of that paticular chemical. It just seems to me it speeds my heart up quite a bit and I get extremely hot and sick feeling, but the sick and hot could also be due to the 5-meo.

Invisibleasd11
final sky

#3541784 - 12/25/04 08:47 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Smoking yopo, after the seeds have been lightly toasted (toasted until you here them *POP*) makes you feel like you're walking around at the bottom of the deep end of a pool for 15 minutes. It's cool, but not something you do more than a hand-full of times.

Invisiblevandago
 User Gallery

Re: Any dangers to smoking yopo? [Re: asd11]
    #3547328 - 12/27/04 07:56 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

You don't need to toast them if you are smoking it ime. I had very intense results off smoking uncooked seeds. 2 hits gave me the same effects people claimed to get off of 2 seeds. Maybe it's the bong?

Still, does anyone know the amount of bufentin it would take to kill someone and roughly how much is in each seed, that's all I'm asking here.

OfflineBlador
Stranger
Loc: Rio
    #3549764 - 12/27/04 07:12 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

You should check Shulgin's entry on bufotenine. He stats that altough one may feel like his heart rate is very high, there is only a small increase, and also that the blood pressure is not significantly affected.

OTOH, he also cites a case in which a squizophrenic (sp?) test subject had to go on artificial ventilation.

Edited by Blador (12/27/04 09:57 PM)

Invisiblevandago
 User Gallery

Re: Any dangers to smoking yopo? [Re: Blador]
    #3552734 - 12/28/04 02:07 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Hmmm....So you think maybe if someone had an underlying mental problem and smoked it, it coudl result in some serious problems that would need medical attention? Me and 5 other people have tried it and all get the same effects which are pretty intense, but it's hard to push yourself to keep smoking when your sweating profusely and about to vomit. Maybe on new years I'll see where it can take me.

Offlineneuro
Phytophiliac
 User Gallery

Loc: Rigel 7
    #3553486 - 12/28/04 04:29 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

>>So you think maybe if someone had an underlying mental problem and smoked it, it coudl result in some serious problems that would need medical attention?

Quite possibly.

Invisiblevandago
 User Gallery

Re: Any dangers to smoking yopo? [Re: neuro]
    #3553660 - 12/28/04 05:07 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Well I'll keep that in mind when I considering letting others experience it. I haven't had any negative reactions to it except the heat/nausea/sped up but from what I read is highly common. I think I'm just gonna get some dmt containing plant matter and do an extraction.

Offlinepod3
Stranger
 User Gallery
- [Re: vandago]
    #3557081 - 12/29/04 11:30 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

-

Edited by pod3 (10/26/06 12:05 PM)

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck