Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisibletahoe
Noob Slayer
Male User Gallery

Loc: N38.93829W119.98108
California Hunting. The Rain is here.
    #3553409 - 12/28/04 04:12 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Sup fellas. Its raining and raining hard. Anyone been out lately? Start posting pics and give us the updates.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinesoulmotion
Professor
 User Gallery

Loc: Jumanji
Re: California Hunting. The Rain is here. [Re: tahoe]
    #3553461 - 12/28/04 04:24 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

I went out hunting yesterday at a park in Los Gatos but found nothing but a few oddball species that weren't active. I guess you have to wait a day or two after it rains for the mushrooms to grow, is that right?

Invisibletahoe
Noob Slayer
Male User Gallery

Loc: N38.93829W119.98108
Re: California Hunting. The Rain is here. [Re: soulmotion]
    #3553507 - 12/28/04 04:34 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

After it rains, i asked that question also. I believe 3-7 days. I know they can grow super fast but over night seems too fast.

--------------------
Stop experimenting half way through your first grow. Grow it to maturity, watch it, learn from it. Do this a few times then experiment with different ideas and figure out what works best for you.

My Legacy
https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/22140987#22140987

Teh=The
I need to proofread

Offlineleafing
Male User Gallery
Loc: Flag
Re: California Hunting. The Rain is here. [Re: tahoe]
    #3554092 - 12/28/04 06:49 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

yea its been raining hard in tahoe but i just wint to lake tahoe to visit so i guess when i come back itll be shroomie time ...anyways on my way here in my car when i was driving i noticed that on the side of the street for miles and miles of driving i kept on seeing shrooms and shrooms and shrooms growing in the grass.

--------------------

"The psychedelic experience is just the temporary disruption of psychophysics and the telepathic emergence of synchronic linguistics "

~Leafing~

OfflineCptnGarden
fuck this site
Re: California Hunting. The Rain is here. [Re: leafing]
    #3555384 - 12/28/04 11:59 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

"shroomie time"
*does a little jig*

Today I harvested about 2 pounds of everyones favorite wintertime snack, Clitocybe Nuda... I was surprised to have found an extremely large patch under a single oak tree just next to my house, odd... So far this seasons been great and for me its only getting better. I'm going blewit hunting thursday and will post what I find later thursday evening, and next sunday ill tell you how my cyan and muscaria patches go. Keep hunting out there guys, the bay areas loaded with all sorts of myco wonders.

OfflineCiv
Pinning
Male User Gallery

Loc: California
    #3557787 - 12/29/04 03:09 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

I went out hunting yesterday at a park in Los Gatos but found nothing but a few oddball species that weren't active. I guess you have to wait a day or two after it rains for the mushrooms to grow, is that right?

Los Gatos is pretty far south, and even though it just rained, its been VERY dry when it hasn't. I would go more north than LG. I'd even go more north than SF.

But your right about them being out there, just gotta look in the right habitats.

--------------------
"...Gal's seem to hate the thought of blending chicken shit in a blender.
So, wash it well afterwards & DON'T tell them..."  -Agar

Offlinesoulmotion
Professor
 User Gallery

Re: California Hunting. The Rain is here. [Re: Civ]
    #3558388 - 12/29/04 05:49 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Thanks for the tip Civ! Maybe it's wishfull thinking to hope for actives in my local area, but I'm broke as a joke until I get a job and can't really afford gas (I'm a student). I've actually been wanting to travel up north, in fact, if I had learned about psilocybe hunting a few months earlier I would've planned to travel up to Oregen and Washington. I might have to look at cultivation till next year.

OfflineMaverik
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: West
    #3560115 - 12/30/04 12:47 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

I am ready for the hunt !!! :grin: Haven't been out hunting in the bay since I got back from Seattle.

--------------------
~ Dead to the Core ~

OfflineHerbus

Loc: Reading the map...
    #3567429 - 01/01/05 02:03 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

I would go more north than LG. I'd even go more north than SF.

I wouldn't, I'm 2 hours north of San Francisco in the 'Valley Void of Actives'. California's hotspots are limited to Bay Area, very limited and rare on the coast north of Bay area, to Humboldt where they seem to appear again. If you're hunting psilocybes in California I think it's advisable to stay close to the coast, as midland California has a Mediterrenean climate, not the desired Marine West Coast, the climate of PNW.

--------------------

OfflineCiv
Pinning
Male User Gallery

Loc: California
Re: California Hunting. The Rain is here. [Re: Herbus]
    #3568653 - 01/01/05 05:24 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

I wouldn't, I'm 2 hours north of San Francisco in the 'Valley Void of Actives'. California's hotspots are limited to Bay Area, very limited and rare on the coast north of Bay area, to Humboldt where they seem to appear again. If you're hunting psilocybes in California I think it's advisable to stay close to the coast, as midland California has a Mediterrenean climate, not the desired Marine West Coast, the climate of PNW.

Yeah you have to stay on the coast totally.

--------------------
"...Gal's seem to hate the thought of blending chicken shit in a blender.
So, wash it well afterwards & DON'T tell them..."  -Agar

Offlinesoulmotion
Professor
 User Gallery

#3569984 - 01/02/05 02:15 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

I'm sooo thankfull for the knowledgable posts in this thread! In my first post a couple of weeks ago I asked if I was likely to find psilocybes around San Jose (which, as I'm sure you know, is a good hour from the coast). No one responded to that question at that time and consequently I wasted alot of time searching in vain for local actives. It's good to know where to hunt, but damn I wish I had known earlier! Thank you Civ and Herbus!

InvisibleHELLA_TIGHT
Madge the Smoking Vag
Female User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Afghanistan Flag
Re: California Hunting. The Rain is here. [Re: Herbus]
    #3574163 - 01/03/05 02:57 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

i'm about 3 hours north of SF.

your in the north valley also? we must be pretty close to each other

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix