Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflinelePage
Strangler
Loc: toronto
i need help interpreting this dream...
    #3552994 - 12/28/04 02:54 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

ill give a bit of background info before i start, i love animals, they fascinate me and i feel as if i have a strong bond (connection) with most. of all the animals the dog is my favourite and the past week ive been trying to convince my dad into getting a pitbull form the humane society, but hes really skepticle about this (especially with ban now). i know everything about the breed and if they arent treated like shit and trust people they are one of the most affectionate dogs, they definately have the most personality (as most terriers do).

anyways ill get to my dream, i was dreaming all throughout my sleep, going from one event to the next. i cant remember what happened beforehand (it involved a few of my friends), but from what i can remember clearly, this part of my dream started off with me going down a hill on the back of shopping cart cruising into my aunts driveway at her cottage. and my grandpas property is right next door and he was talking to me from a distance, and than i noticed a small cub (baby bear), so i started to run towards my aunts place cause i new the mother wouldnt be far, as im running i see a next cub, than as i get closer to the cottage i see the mother who had these unusual markings and colours (she was a light brown with a white patch on her chest), and the than the mother started to charge at me so i sprinted into my aunts cottage and locked the door behind me. i than went into another room to look out the window and see what wsa going on thats when my aunts dog started to attack the bear, seconds later my grandpa ended up in the cottage and thats when the bear started banging against the door trying to get in and attack us and my grandpa said ive never seen a bear try break into a house before. seconds later everything went quiet and when i looked out the window from the door i saw a happy looking pit bull terrier wagging its tail outside the door with the same colouring but different markings (i had seen the same one the day before on a humane society website). thats when i woke up puzzled.

ive been trying to get a better understanding of this and after i just wrote all this out, im thinking to myself perhaps this means nothing and doesnt have anything symbolic to it. however, my first response to it was that if im to get a pit bull i know my family is gonna be unconvinced that itll be a good dog because of its breed, but will eventually see the truth and accept the dog for what it is.

does anyone else have a thought on this?

Edited by lePage (01/02/05 06:59 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

Re: i need help interpreting this dream... [Re: lePage]
    #3553201 - 12/28/04 03:28 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

a bear that tries to get in is like a native spirit.
a dog is like a person.
when we work at it we can follow smart thoughts
when we concentrate we can develop new combinations of thoughts
but when we are just normal we are hardly much smarter than trained dogs.
this idea you have of trying to change a dog's spots is not a trivial task, (either with humans or with dogs) with much care and work you can make a pit bull be more of a human and less of an scarey animal.

the work is going to be endless since the animal has been practically banned in southern ontario due to hundreds of incidents.

personally I think the bear was knocking on your door, or your grandma's (since she represents your super ego) reminding you of the uphill battle ahead.

One guy in town has illegally imported a flying squirrel which is the cutest thing.
I do prefer illegal things that are less dangerous. the law might change, and meantime no-one will accidentally be harmed.

good luck with your decisions and your dreams

--------------------
:confused: _ :brainfart:🧠  _ :finger:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1