Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store - Cannabis Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: The Doors

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleMoonshoe
Blue Mantis (Retired)
 User Gallery

Loc: Iceland
Joy, Freedom, Action...
    #3550721 - 12/27/04 11:52 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

the time has come for a clearing of the eyes and the mind.

lets say 2012 is the end of things. we have 8 years to do what we are meant to do in this world as it is known. It is time to DO something. How many of  you rock solid believers have taken your surety of an upcoming transcendence/armageddon and put it into some kind of action?

this is the crunch time. All of us will play an active role in the futures to be manifested, for good or ill.

When i say DO something i dont mean solve world hunger, protest, recycle. I mean DO something that will make you feel alive, DO something that will bring you closer to fufillment, DO something that will make you feel!

Now lets say 2012 is nothing but a crack pot bojive new age hype. Either way, we know one thing for sure. This life is not eternal, and this life matters. All of us have time and one chance to make our  mark on the world, to determine who we are and who we want to be, to influence those around us in a positive way, to reach enlightenment, or at least happiness.

I say that unless you can really believe that some kind of fufillment, some kind of great achievement, can be contained in your future, then your life is not worth living. if you aspire to nothing, if you do not want to EVOLVE, to transform yourself, you are nothing more than an organism seeking blissfull homeostasis.

The potential of the human being is staggering , absolutely awe inspiring, and im talking about the individual as well as the race. and thats why its so fucking tragic to see us fail again and again, to squander that potential and take the easy way out.

and what is the reason? in waking life it was summed up well enough. fear and laziness. these are the demons we must each banish. Fear of opening the doors that lead to our freedom, fear of going outside of the societal norms to find truth, fear of going it alone and taking the human potential in avenues never before explored. Fear of stepping out of line.

and laziness, i see it  in my own life everyday. It so easy to just put things off, to just satisfy some basic pleasure impulse, never progressing, never changing.

This is why i say we all suffer from multiple personality disorder. there are (more than) 2 distinct personalities inside of me. one of them dreams of knowing the godhead, or soaring through the realms of conciousness unfetterd, of mastering techniques of ecstasy, or personal transformation, of adventure, or mastery.

the other part just wants to eat chips and jack off.

I make a promise to myself now. My life will not be a write off. i will not sink to the level of waking sonambulism. I will be concious...

the path of our evolutions will be unique for each of us. there is no one way, but im begging you, find your way and walk it courageously and without sloth. Time is very short, and i maintain that that is true regardless of if you die on 2012, in 50 years, or in 2 hours, you HAVE NO TIME TO WASTE.

im begging you as i beg myself, do not go quietly into the blackness, do not resign yourself to failure, do not give up on your dreams.

Shit, is it any good? i dont know. But now, as i type these last words, im standing up and im doing something.

im chasing the dragon of aliveness. its hard and i relapse often, but damn it i will not die before i Live!

:mad2: :rocket: :crazy:

Edited by Moonshoe (12/28/04 02:45 AM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Onlinedeff
lovelightbliss
 User Gallery

Loc: all this Flag
Re: Joy, Freedom, Action... [Re: Moonshoe]
    #3552058 - 12/28/04 12:01 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

make the most of it for sure

but when it's over, don't get too attached, and don't forget to let go :smile:

as for 2012, I personally don't feel this date is of much significance, BUT I do think a big change to our species interactions will take place soon, as in our society will transform further away from itself than ever before. Imo, it will most likely be sparked by political matters first, but spiritual matters will be what transforms our race. Anyways...

I have heard and seen the effect of small dedicated groups of humans together, cooperating and in full agreement, working for a common cause. It is a synergetic effect really, in that two people together are more 'powerful' than two seperate people added together. If we want change, which I'm sure many of us do, then it seems that the most effective route would be in finding likeminded individuals and forming pods of 2-5, dedicated solely to whatever cause is mutually decided. So hunt out others, become a fisher, and scourge the ocean of darkness while enlightening all the fish, or something :cool:

An example of this, while not really on-topic, is of the 9/11 attacks. Twenty men, borrowing only four objects, in four hours, impacted the lives of billions, whether directly or indirectly.

A problem with trying to spread awareness is that many are either not ready to listen or are too conditioned to not take it seriously (afterall, it has little to do with football or cars). Like the terrorists who used destruction, or Jesus who used miracles, to promote change we have to demonstrate the benefits and possibilities of such a change. Train, train, train :smile:. If you know any paranormal abilities, work on refining them so that they can be used as an eye-catcher to show that you are 'for real', to in turn get others to start listening :smile:

Oh, and if you know or are interested in martial arts, now is a better time than ever to get training. It may not be needed, but it's always better to be prepared :smile:

nice post though :laugh:

--------------------

Offlineincubaby_421
half naked andfull witted
 User Gallery

Loc: the center of the univers...
Re: Joy, Freedom, Action... [Re: deff]
    #3552259 - 12/28/04 01:16 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

i just want to eat chips and jack off though :frown: ...

no seriously, i think that we should all not worry about it and live our lives to the fullest extent that we can, as im sure we all do, if the end comes, it does, if not, it doesnt, if it does, we all die. thats it. end. we are al projected to a much better plane of existence. if it doesnt life goes on as usual.

--------------------
"yet the more i dig, the more i consume, the more i unfold... the less protected i feel.
i am the spit on the hair of the son of an electron, swimming around the nucleus of a cell inside the sperm of a killer bee, and my purpose is as nebulous as why weve been bestowed with the capacity to give a shit" Brandon Boyd

InvisibleMoonshoe
Blue Mantis (Retired)
 User Gallery

Re: Joy, Freedom, Action... [Re: deff]
    #3552429 - 12/28/04 02:18 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

"Oh, and if you know or are interested in martial arts, now is a better time than ever to get training. It may not be needed, but it's always better to be prepared "

funny you say that, a big part of my plan is physical conditioning and i JUST got off the phone scheduling my first private jujitsu lesson. fun stuff

--------------------

Everything I post is fiction. This poster is no longer active.

OfflineGomp
¡(Bound to·(O))be free!
Male User Gallery

Loc: I re·side [primarily] in...
    #3552611 - 12/28/04 03:33 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

no worry, no hurry, just find yourself..

--------------------

--------------------
Disclaimer!?

Offline13eetleJuice
the ghost with the most
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 6' under pushin up shroom...
Re: Joy, Freedom, Action... [Re: Gomp]
    #3552762 - 12/28/04 04:12 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Jujitsu eh? Painful stuff. Make sure you have medical insurance. Dislocated joints are not all too uncommon in this sport, especially amongst young/inexperienced practitioners. Just be prepared. :thumbup:

--------------------

InvisibleMoonshoe
Blue Mantis (Retired)
 User Gallery

Re: Joy, Freedom, Action... [Re: 13eetleJuice]
    #3553608 - 12/28/04 06:54 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

yeah no doubt. i actually had to leave judo cuz of what it did to my spine, so im at least hoping jujitsu injures different parts of me. looking into muay thai too.

--------------------

Everything I post is fiction. This poster is no longer active.

InvisibletrendalM
point of inflection
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Ontario, Canada
    #3554079 - 12/28/04 08:46 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Would any of you martial-arts guys have a suggestion for a good discipline to get into for a VERY lightweight person? I have never been much of a fighter in my life, on account of being shorter and far skinnier than most men in my age group. If I was going to start practicing martial arts, I would prefer one which does not rely too much on bulk muscle or strength :smirk:

--------------------
You're here because you know something.
What you know you can't explain,
But you feel it;
You've felt it your entire life.
That there's something wrong with the world.
You don't know what it is, but it's there....
Like a splinter in your mind...
Driving you mad.

Offline13eetleJuice
the ghost with the most
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 6' under pushin up shroom...
Re: Joy, Freedom, Action... [Re: trendal]
    #3554127 - 12/28/04 09:02 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Size may matter in the bedroom but don't be so presumptuous in thinking that you can't compete against someone bigger or stronger than you on the mat or in the street. As long as you are equipped with the principles, knowledge, and experience of your chosen discipline and are confident in your abilities then you'll do just fine.

But to answer your question, I would suggest Akido. One of the fundamental principles taught in Akido is that no matter how big or small you are in comparison to your oponent, you still have an equal opportunity of leaving the conflict as the victor. It's based on using the momentum of your oponent against them. You should look into it.

You may have a hard time finding a suitable instructor to study under, unless of course you are in a larger city. But if it comes down to a bad instructor or another discipline under a good instructor, I'd choose the latter. You'll get a lot more out of it.

--------------------

OfflineMixomatosis
great ape

Loc: cipherland
    #3554205 - 12/28/04 09:26 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

back in the day one of the founder of aikido's best students came to the USA and did a demonstration throwing around his training partners and students. One of the reporters didn't think it was for real, so he challenged the guy. This reporter, not physically fit, not a martial artist, lasted.. I can't remember the amount of time anymore, but something like 10 minutes. They ended up rolling around on the ground and everything. Aikido sounds great but.. do any aikido people actually have any martial arts skill?

i actually had to leave judo cuz of what it did to my spine, so im at least hoping jujitsu injures different parts of me. looking into muay thai too.

Are you serious? You damage your spine, one of the most important parts of your body and you're going to continue training in pretty much the same way? Are you nuts? And muay thai.. you're going to just end up losing teeth and getting your limbs broken. Why not just sit on your ass smoking weed and let your enemies injure you?

I may sound like I'm joking, but I'm serious. You don't get to be a 90 year-old dude with a wispy beard, eccentric habits and a fist that packs 1 million volts by hurting yourself through unnecessary training.

Offlinesoulmotion
Professor
 User Gallery

Loc: Jumanji
    #3554674 - 12/28/04 11:29 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Amen to doing something. Amen.

There is a certain kind of person, and I'm one of them, that seeks fulfillment in BOTH principle, and action. I notice that in many of the treads I've read in this forum so far there are shroomites with the same complaint: they want see some action! (not that kind of action; you know what I mean). You would expect to see this kind of angst in a spirituality/philosophy forum because as you discuss the concepts you naturally want to see them applied. There are other people, however, who don't seem to care about action or they profess that the 'theory' is all that matters when in fact, there is no 'matter' in theory alone.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: The Doors

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology