Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinedigitalcube
would u likesome dolphinsafe tuna
 User Gallery

Loc: la
?????
    #3548738 - 12/27/04 03:51 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

somebody told me that if i took a bucket out to my field and filled it up with crap and left it in the backyard and give it lots of water that it will start growing little shroomies anybody had luck with this?

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblethegatewaydrug
my burning sunwill some dayrise

Loc: wherever i may roam
Re: ????? [Re: digitalcube]
    #3548872 - 12/27/04 04:27 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

it all depends if theres already spores in it or if theres spores in the air that will get into the bucket if so then probly iv heard of people doing that

--------------------
May God have mercy upon my enemies, because i won't.

General George S. Patton
:paranoid:

OfflineToxicManM
Bite me, it's fun!
 User Gallery

Loc: Aurora, Colorado
Trusted Identifier
    #3549111 - 12/27/04 05:14 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

It will definitely work. The real question is whether the mushrooms growing are the ones you're interested in. For that part the odds are against you.

Happy mushrooming!

--------------------
Happy mushrooming!

Offlinedigitalcube
 User Gallery

Re: ????? [Re: ToxicMan]
    #3549338 - 12/27/04 05:58 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

well i know this field has tons of spores considering im always picking in this particular field what if i were to put the patties ina big ziploc bag do u think they will fruit if they have mycelium on them if so should i keep the bag open for oxygen or will that contaminate it ?!

--------------------

Offlinethedman
I am the coyote
 User Gallery
Loc: out of this world
    #3550231 - 12/27/04 08:35 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

I am trying something very similar but I have brought the dung inside.Since temps are cold I decided that fruitng inside would be fezable if the dung was over taken with mycelium(the white fuzzy fungus in the dung)to fruit it by casing as you would any BRF cake or grain,I have cased several trays with broken peices of dung ,about ten in all I cased with strait peat moss even added slight bit of chalk dust,so far all have recovered in three to five days and all but one tray has sent up pins, have harvested many mature mushrooms so far. You must make sure the dung contains the right fungus, since the domanent shrooms are cubensis in the field in which I receved the dung I beleived that the fungus was of the desiered speices,also look for pins on the dung and ID them before bringing it home. This is all an experament for me, dont know about future cotams. this seems to be a good project for winter do not think others would recomend it but its free to do and worth a try.I am going to order spores soon I suggest that more for indoors they are cheap,I did do an outdoor experament last year in a compost heap in my yard,it had been rotting for about six months, made of grass and dung I put a mycelium cover tird in the middle and lightly water during the hot summer days when nothing was happening in the fields,and yet may patch did fine in the cool wet shade in the compost.Didnt get big yeild but it works.

--------------------
Got to bag em up!

OfflineToxicManM
Bite me, it's fun!
 User Gallery

Loc: Aurora, Colorado
Trusted Identifier
    #3550897 - 12/27/04 10:46 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

The mycelium needs oxygen, so don't seal it up in anything airtight. It should be kept moist also. Beyond that, getting any particular species of fungus to grow preferentially is probably going to be difficult. The air around us is filled with spores - you probably breathe about 100 spores in with every breath. On the dung there will be a succession of species as various nutrients are used up.

If you're thinking of trying this as a cultivation technique for some specific species then you'll do better to discuss it in the cultivation forums. They will be able to tell you how to produce and maintain a pure culture and all those other important bits.

Happy mushrooming!

--------------------
Happy mushrooming!

Offlinethedman
I am the coyote
 User Gallery
Loc: out of this world
Re: ????? [Re: ToxicMan]
    #3551036 - 12/27/04 11:16 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Ya there is realy no real big advatage to throwing dung in a bucket, I mean if its a good time of year to pick then just pick as much as you can do it as often as you can and be safe about it,i can usualy pick more than enough in a season for personal use.Like toxic man said there are so many spores every where,in these tirds i know there are all kinds of weird other fungus,bacteria and pest lurking waiting to take hold,its cool to watch the cubes grow but im sure my cubes will be short lived in this environment full of other natural organisums waiting for there chance to procreate.If your into cultivating take toxics advice,ask questions in the cultivation forum,do research,and i suggest growing indoors PF style in the off season.Throwing tirds in something works but it is realy half ass.

--------------------
Got to bag em up!

Offlinedigitalcube
 User Gallery

Re: ????? [Re: thedman]
    #3552481 - 12/28/04 12:41 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

well this is what i did i found some patties with some mycelium i put it in a ziploc bag and sprayed it down with some clean water and partially sealed the bag and put a 60 wat lightbulb on it for light and heat and it made it humid in the bag and the mycelium started spreadin i think its a good temp out now about 68 degreese and raising so i think it should be good out in my compost pile hopefully something happens this is just a test but if it works ill do it in bigger quantitys

--------------------

Offlinesuperblingtheory
ghettogepetto

Loc: Omnipresent
    #3552604 - 12/28/04 01:31 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

How long have you waited for this mycelium to spread? Also- just for future reference I do believe that this qualifies as more of a cultivation question. Good luck but I'd back a truck up to the field with a 4x6 box in the bed and go bigger- similar amount of work- less problems-more shrooms. Peace.

--------------------

Guts and danger, Airborne Ranger...

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds