Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlinetomk
King of OTD

Loc: PNW
DXM
    #3549787 - 12/27/04 07:16 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

I think that the shroomery should either flat out ban shroomerites giving DXM advice or make the mods do a better job of monitoring such advice. Nearly every thread where someone asks for DXM advice ends up with potentially dangerous advice in it. Two recent examples. A guy asked for advice about DXM nausea, and a shroomerite responded that to avoid nausea use an antihistamine, but to avoid drowsiness, use a nondrowsy one, a potentially lethal combination. Just today, someone posted that Robotussin Cough and Cold DM was a good preperation to trip on. It's not just these two cases, nearly every post asking for advice has people giving their best guess for advice. Even people who mean well could hurt people. Thenewusers DXM FAQ, for example, suggests starting with 150 mg, but this could cause a severe reaction if you are allergic.

Further, many peoples DXM advice contains errors of omission, forgetting to mention crossreactions, etc.

Since interest in DXM has gone way up (South park?), posting have become a lot more frequent, and shroomerites have a track record of offering lethal DXM advice, I propose either the mods gain knowledge (if they don't already have it) and strictly monitor DXM advice posts, or ban DXM advice posts altogether.

Don't get me wrong, I love DXM, and think that the community should continue to discuss experiences on it, but I also think the community sucks at giving advice on it and will inevitably get someone hurt or killed if the current level of mistakes continues.

--------------------
"I am eternally free"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

Loc: Mod not God Flag
Re: DXM [Re: tomk]
    #3551732 - 12/28/04 03:59 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

For now, DXM is not allowed in Trip Tips or General Questions as far as I know. As for that OTHER forum, perhaps you should PM the mods of THAT forum and express your concerns directly to them, as well as see what is said in this thread.

Good luck,
Cerv

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

OfflinegeokillsA
∙∙∙∙☼ º¿° ☼∙∙∙∙
Male User Gallery

Loc: city of angels Flag
Re: DXM [Re: tomk]
    #3553327 - 12/28/04 03:57 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

The issue of giving DXM doses, and doses in general, is a touchy one. Seuss actually brought this up about 10 days ago and we have discussed it a bit amongst the staff. Unfortunately I have not had time to monitor ODD lately, and generally I stay away from DXM threads altogether because I know I have no interest in the drug. Of course, a blind eye is a blind eye.. I will look more into this matter.

For those of you who may also be concerned, please don't hesitate to use the "Notify Moderator" button on the botton of each post if you see one which you believe to be inappropriate. Alternately, you may PM myself or any other admin directly to evaluate the situation and take action as deemed necessary. When I was more active in ODD as a mod, I would readily edit out nearly all doseage information, forwarding people to comprehensive FAQ's on sites such as Erowid and the Lycaeum, and allow the interested parties to draw their own conclusions. It's always best to start small with any substance, and it seems that many people forget this when offering up their own personal advice to other novice explorers.

In short, there are just too many posts to actively monitor each and everyone, so I would ask that each and every user takes some responsibility upon themselves for calling out bad advice either within the thread(s) it is given, or contact a staff member who can evaluate the situation. Thanks for the feedback.

--------------------

--------------------
··∙   long live the shroomery  ∙··
...π╥ ╥π...

Invisiblegdman
badger, badger,badger...
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dancing In the Streets
Re: DXM [Re: geokills]
    #3554131 - 12/28/04 07:03 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

A couple websites are already dedicated to DXM:

http://www.dextroverse.org/

http://www.third-plateau.org/

they have there advantages and draw backs for sure

geokill does have a good point though

--------------------

Got a question about a substance?  Erowid might already have your answer! Have questions about the  mushroom experience? The  Tripper's FAQ may have your answer or someone else might have had your question before.

I know up on the top you are seeing great sights, but down at the bottom we, too, should have rights.
  - Theodor Seuss Geisel Dr. Suess

"I didn't come here to be easily understood" - Steve

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder