Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
Plastic surgery and tripping
    #3549662 - 12/27/04 06:55 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

If I had the money, I might get plastic surgery done on a few things. BUT, the thing that is stopping me is how weird it might be to trip knowing that you've been physically altered like that. Like, if I got a boob job, wouldn't it be really strange to trip knowing that I have fake bubbles in my chest?

So the solution really seems to be finding happiness with who I am. I'm trying to do that.

Does anyone here have any experience with tripping after having cosmetic surgery done on them?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleHeineken
Imported From Holland

Loc: Holland, duh?
Re: Plastic surgery and tripping [Re: MOTH]
    #3549712 - 12/27/04 07:03 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

I guess if you thing that deep.

--------------------
Please Enjoy Responsibly

OfflineCaptainJailew
Apathetic and Idon't care

Loc: Central Texas
Re: Plastic surgery and tripping [Re: Heineken]
    #3551670 - 12/28/04 02:40 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

If you are comfortable with it and doing it for the right reasons then there is no reason you would think negatively about yourself when tripping. A postiive self-image and feeling of confidence really makes all your trips much much better because you are more comfortable with everything you are feeling and you can control your trips better. In my opinion anyway.

--------------------
Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds" - Albert Einstein

OfflineUnderTheRose
Re: Plastic surgery and tripping [Re: CaptainJailew]
    #3551895 - 12/28/04 08:12 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Real tripping is about losing control completely,
respectivly giving control up to the HighKings.

In truth, we never have control in life - we are the controllED.
The controllers up in heaven feed us our lifes through their machines.

This will be revealed to you if you eat a sufficient high enough dose of shrooms. (eg.: 7g of Cubensis)

have a mediocre day
Rose

InvisibleLand_Crab
NeuroticPsychonaut
Male User Gallery

Loc: U.S.
Re: Plastic surgery and tripping [Re: UnderTheRose]
    #3551937 - 12/28/04 08:41 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

I think boob jobs are digusting unless the person in question really has a medical-grade problem. I know if I had plastic surgery I'd be tripping out, and probably not in a good way.

OfflineJacquesCousteau
Being.
Male User Gallery

Loc: Everywhere, Everytime.
    #3551966 - 12/28/04 09:07 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Hmm... Hi Ellemysh. I think that this post is, in a way, a subconscious manifestation of a response to yourself.

It's like this... if you feel NOW that you might question yourself during a trip, you know on some level that you would.

Cosmetic surgery is a pro-ego action... mushrooms are an anti-ego entheogen. I think this would conflict in a trip. Most likely you would find yourself feeling regret for doing something superficial for superficial reasons.

Then there would only be one thing left to do: accept and forgive yourself for these errors.

Now.. that in itself would be the equivalent to accepting who you are WITHOUT cosmetic surgery in the first place.

You already know your answer... heck, you even posted it in the same thread as the question:

"So the solution really seems to be finding happiness with who I am."

If you are still torn, I suggest you trip BEFORE you go under anyone's knife, and think deeply on it. Ask yourself: Do you need it? Why do you feel you need it? What makes you want it? Is it worth the risks involved?

Acceptance of who you are and finding happiness with who you are now will lead to an inner peace and happiness that is unrivaled by any other means.

Cosmetic surgery is a form of materialism... or in other words, it will lead to a fleeting temporary happiness that will just leave you wanting more later on.

Edited by JacquesCousteau (12/28/04 09:15 AM)

OfflineNickatina
journeyman
Male
Loc: Bay Area, California.
Re: Plastic surgery and tripping [Re: JacquesCousteau]
    #3552653 - 12/28/04 01:44 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

play the cards you are dealt.

--------------------
"Make the most of the hemp seed, Sow it everywhere" -George Washington

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
    #3553678 - 12/28/04 05:13 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Thanks Jacques.  :heart:

OfflineJacquesCousteau
Being.
Male User Gallery

#3553934 - 12/28/04 06:10 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Any time.  :smile:

InvisiblePenguarky Tunguin
f n o r d
Male User Gallery
    #3554026 - 12/28/04 06:28 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Yeah, great post Jacques. 

I can understand some plastic surgery, the only thing I can't and wouldn't tolerate, is anything done to my face.  I'm 22 right now, and I'm actually looking forward to getting old and getting wrinkles.  Anything changed regarding a face, scares the shit out of me for some reason.  Like watching facelifts and the like, I don't like it.

I would not get plastic surgery, ever.  :smile:

Have a good day.  :grin:

McKennaDMT

--------------------
Every mistake, intentional or otherwise, in the above post, is the fault of the reader.

Anonymous

Re: Plastic surgery and tripping [Re: Penguarky Tunguin]
    #3554197 - 12/28/04 07:25 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

it's just a body anyways, it isnt YOU you'd accept or reject, its your body.  YOU are whats INSIDE.  getting a boob job to make yoruself feel better would really be no different than those who get tattoos and piercings...dye their hair..etc.  Its your body, you decide what you want to do with it.  god doesnt care :heart:  its all on you and what YOU think.

So it's just like jacques said: "Most likely you would find yourself feeling regret for doing something superficial for superficial reasons."  superficial in YOUR MIND, only...it all comes down to your PERSONAL BELIEFS

:heart: :smile:

Anonymous

Re: Plastic surgery and tripping [Re: ]
    #3555428 - 12/29/04 12:11 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

lol, do you paint your nails?  thats another one..

what about a simple haircut?  how could we be so biased as to not think "well if we were meant to have such and such a hair style we woulda been born with it"

for real though! :shrug:

i mean, as long as you know that happiness will never come from material things, your in the clear, i know you know.  All you'll ever need to "look at" to be forever happy lies within that shell of yours. :wink:

:heart: :grin:

OfflineUmmGood
Stranger

#3555487 - 12/29/04 12:30 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Well,I got a nose job, and my ear worked on a little, way before i started tripping. one time, when i looked in the mirror(which led me to never look in the mirror tripping again) I saw my nose as it was in process during surgery. I also saw it as a fake addition to who I AM. It made me feel like i had succomb to what really isnt me, but who i wasnt. The funny thing is, I had it dont for medical reasons.

Anonymous

Re: Plastic surgery and tripping [Re: UmmGood]
    #3556365 - 12/29/04 06:51 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

very interesting. thanks for sharing that.

i say its all personal feelings toward yourself, i mean it is just a body, you did what you had to do. If you got used to thinking the fake nose was your real nose, sure the mushrooms are going to bring up the fact(remind you) its not your original, and bring back the memory of surgery, as that is how you got the fake nose.

this is where i believe all your fear stemmed from, all fear based due to the memory of surgery. It prolly wasnt something you felt comfortable doing...i can imagine that would suck if you got in a accident or something and have to live knowing u got a fake nose, but theres nothing u can do about it, unless u rejected the surgery and have a horrible nose, then when you looked in the mirror youd remember how your nose got that way...either way your ego would have tried to hold you down with fear. one way or the other. theres nothing divine about keeping all of your original body parts, its all about how you feel and why youd make a change to your body.

i mean, what about those with false teeth...what would you do without teeth!? say you get into a horrible car accident, and almost allllll of your front teeth are busted out and you need false. you can either think that you are doing something horrible by putting something "fake" into your body, or you can accept the fact that your doing what u gotta do so u can eat.

i quote fake, because this physical plane in itself isnt even real to us. including our physical bodies. the only thing that is real is the spiritual, the spirit of 'god', the rest is totally fake. you know what im sayin? this flesh body, is no more real to US(our true spiritual selves) than any other material object. without our spirit there is no life in the flesh, rendoring a body dead and useless as any other "fake" thing.

OfflineJacquesCousteau
Being.
Male User Gallery

#3556515 - 12/29/04 08:13 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

i mean, what about those with false teeth...what would you do without teeth!? say you get into a horrible car accident, and almost allllll of your front teeth are busted out and you need false. you can either think that you are doing something horrible by putting something "fake" into your body, or you can accept the fact that your doing what u gotta do so u can eat.

I hear you man, but there is a big difference between cosmetic surgery for necessity and cosmetic surgery for glamour.

If you need something done to function correctly, that is not a superficial reason.

My point was just that if you do something for superficial reasons (ie, "I don't really like the way my nose looks...") then it is likely to bother you later on down the road... especially during a trip.

It's akin to taking a beautiful masterpiece of a painting, and drawing a moustache on it. Sure, it might look fine with the moustache, but it's no longer the original masterpiece that the painter intended to portray.

I used to dye my hair, get piercings, and get hair cuts... but I haven't cut my hair in a LONG time... I haven't dyed it in even longer... and the only piercings I've maintained are one in each ear lobe.

I no longer feel the need to be different than how I am naturally. I will cut my hair when it becomes a burden to my functionality. I won't dye it anymore... and I probably won't get any more piercings.

It's as simple as identifying the difference between "wants" and "needs". Which, in itself, is the very basis for learning how to keep an eye on one's materialism. And once these wants are identified, they can be logically debunked. If my body's functionality will not be increased by a change, it's probably not needed.

Granted, not everyone feels the need to keep their materialism on a leash... but I do personally, as I feel that materialism is a fleeting and false source of happiness. By seeing past materialism, I have learned to find peace and happiness inside of myself, instead of relying on this physical plane to provide my happiness for me.

Relying on the materialistic world to provide happiness will only lead to disappointment. I'd much rather rely on myself to provide happiness and peace of mind... and through my life experiences thus far, I've found materialism to be counter-productive to finding inner peace.

So.. point being, cosmetic surgery for necessity is fine and dandy... but cosmetic surgery for glamorous reasons stems solely from a lack of self esteem. It's like covering up a hole in a wall with a poster. Sure, you and others can't see it anymore, but YOU know the hole is still there. Instead of covering it, why not patch the hole up?

Anonymous

#3556971 - 12/29/04 10:50 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

So.. point being, cosmetic surgery for necessity is fine and dandy... but cosmetic surgery for glamorous reasons stems solely from a lack of self esteem.

exactly.  but where most of what i said came from was from ummgood's post.  they did not do it for glmorous reasons and still took it as if they did, even though it was for medical reasons....found that to be very interesting.  id like to know more of how they felt toward this, becuase there is more to it then what they've said.

another good post bro :smile:

OfflineNoviseer
Percussion isFree
 User Gallery

#3557090 - 12/29/04 11:33 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

great ideas from both sides of the fence...

I'm not really sure how to come to terms with plastic surgery. Some people get absolutely looney behind it and slowly destroy themselves (michael jackson is the example that comes to mind). But I don't see any reason why people view it as "wrong." We've figured out how to do some amazing things with the human body, and if someone wants to take medicine up on its offer, its their choice. Its your body after all, if bigger boobs would be fun to have, why not?

I think it comes down to motivation. If you're getting plastic surgery to fix some psychological problem, repair your self image or something, its a waste of money, it'd be better spent on some therapy. But if someone just wants to live their lives with a strait nose, or be a bit more voluptuous, or whatever, are we so uptight as to condemn that decision? We're supposed to be hippies right? To each his/her own?

--------------------

OfflineJacquesCousteau
Being.
Male User Gallery

Re: Plastic surgery and tripping [Re: Noviseer]
    #3557332 - 12/29/04 12:46 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Noviseer said:
If you're getting plastic surgery to fix some psychological problem, repair your self image or something, its a waste of money, it'd be better spent on some therapy. But if someone just wants to live their lives with a strait nose, or be a bit more voluptuous, or whatever, are we so uptight as to condemn that decision?  We're supposed to be hippies right?  To each his/her own?

Well, someone who "just wants to live their lives with a straight nose" or "be more voluptuous" still falls into the first category of someone with a psychological problem.

IMHO,  someone who "just wants to live their life with a straight nose" has insecurity issues as well as self-esteem issues.

For years, while I was growing up, I HATED my nose because it has a bump in the bridge. I used to think about breaking it just in hopes that it would heal more straight than it was to start with.

Eventually I moved past this insecurity and realized that my physical appearance does not make or break who I am. The only reason one would want to improve their physical appearance is either to impress others or to impress themselves. The "themselves" category fits right into a psychological problem as mentioned above--lack of self esteem. Impressing others with appearance also falls into the psychological problem category... it stems from insecurity... a "need" for acceptance. Not to mention, physical attraction is (90% of the time) a poor basis for forming a relationship anyway.

I guess what I'm saying is that even those who think they're "above psychological issues" and are "just doing it to live their life with a straight nose" are kidding themselves. They need to see a shrink just as badly as those we're already addressing as "psychologically troubled."

Most people's idea of what makes a human beautiful is dictated by society... and that is twisted. Someone who doesn't think they are beautiful in their own way despite their "crooked nose" or "lack of voluptuousness" is suffering from a psychological problem, not a physical problem.

Sorry if that was rambly and unclear... I'm at work and spacing out...

Edit: P.S. Yes, to each their own... which is why you won't find me physically restraining any would-be cosmetic-surgery-goers...

But I will still try to help those who are suffering from psychological problems, no matter how subtly or subconsciously manifested those problems may be. :smile:

Anonymous

#3558361 - 12/29/04 05:43 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

even those who think they're "above psychological issues" and are "just doing it to live their life with a straight nose" are kidding themselves

exactly.

OfflineUmmGood
Stranger

#3559854 - 12/29/04 11:39 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Yes. I did get it for Medical reasons, though i did not mind getting it because it was quite monstrous. They actually did a very good job reshaping my nose, people often say that i have the "perfect" nose per say. Basically repeating what I said again, because i got confused by yall's posts, (haha) when i looked in the mirror, i saw that fakeness, and "wrongness" of changing yourself, which I dont understand because I literally couldnt breathe through my nose for a while, which is the reason of getting it( they went in and enlarged the passage ways and reshaped my nose). Regardless, I never think taht way when not tripping, but my expanded mind had showed me that I have tried to alter myself to who I am not. I even got two cancerous moles removed at the same time, and my tripping mind told me that I was still altering myself to be who I am not. I dont understand it! they were freakin cancerous and my tripping mind tries to tell me that I am weak and had fallen into the "popular norm"

So, now I refuse to look in a mirror while tripping. I'm sorry i couldnt have aided more to what yall were talking about... I am just not that sophisticated i guess. 5 shrooms for yall.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies