Home | Community | Message Board

FreeSpores.com
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleSoopaX
Criminal DrugAnalyst

Why are their so many fucked up people here?
    #3549105 - 12/27/04 07:12 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Maybe it's just that this forum seems to be one that attracts people with certain pathologies, but doesn't it seem like everyone here has some whacko mental disease? Most forums I post on don't have a spot for talking about 'mental health' problems, so I'm not sure if this is a world-wide thing or just a shroomery thing. I can hardly pop in here without getting a pageful of sob stories for how fucked up people are.

--------------------

Jackie Treehorn treats objects like women, man

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleWorld Spirit
PNW
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Why are their so many fucked up people here? [Re: SoopaX]
    #3549118 - 12/27/04 07:16 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

You'll probably be next *****ole.

Edited by Enter (12/29/04 05:56 PM)

Invisibleblink
eye of horus
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Geographic Location (Stat...
    #3549129 - 12/27/04 07:19 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

SoopaX said:
Maybe it's just that this forum seems to be one that attracts people with certain pathologies, but doesn't it seem like everyone here has some whacko mental disease? Most forums I post on don't have a spot for talking about 'mental health' problems, so I'm not sure if this is a world-wide thing or just a shroomery thing. I can hardly pop in here without getting a pageful of sob stories for how fucked up people are.

unlike the rest of the world, we don't turn our back on our own.
you'd be glad to have a supportive place to rant when you get hit by cancer or were raped as a child. It's not a shroomery thing, it's a global thing. We're just some of the only ones talking, not gawking.

--------------------

InvisibleSoopaX
Criminal DrugAnalyst

Re: Why are their so many fucked up people here? [Re: blink]
    #3549140 - 12/27/04 07:22 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

I'm not saying that it's a bad thing, I just find it somewhat amusing, not in a way that I'm laughing at people or anything. Just amusing anecdotally.

--------------------

Jackie Treehorn treats objects like women, man

InvisibleLe_Canard
Danger Man

Loc: Earthfarm 1 Flag
    #3549166 - 12/27/04 07:26 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

I have some mental health issues, but does that make me "fucked up"? No, not at all. I also like to try to help out others when I can. It makes me feel better, because I might just make a difference in someone's life. It's called "compassion". Maybe you've heard of it...

OfflinemotamanM
old hand
 User Gallery
    #3549190 - 12/27/04 07:31 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

This forum is intended for serious discussion only, and off-topic or abusive posts will not be tolerated. When offering advice, please make an effort to be as helpful and supportive as possible. Remember, you're talking to real people with real problems and you need to take them seriously.

--------------------
http://heffter.org

Invisibledownforpot
Stranger
Male
Re: Why are their so many fucked up people here? [Re: motaman]
    #3549313 - 12/27/04 07:53 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

It all depends on the vibe of a message board. Message boards that allow people to talk about anything and create forums for this shit allow people to talk about everything. Everyone has a problem, but not everyone is in an enviroment that allows them to express their problem to other people.

--------------------

http://www.myspace.com/4th25

"And I don't care if he was handcuffed
Then shot in his head
All I know is dead bodies
Can't fuck with me again"

OfflineMrBump
Third prize is you're fired
 User Gallery

Loc: Where Art Meets Crime
    #3549354 - 12/27/04 08:02 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

the longer i live the more i notice that many people have mild mental problems-- a lot of people suffer depression, or anxiety. some people have chemical dependency problems....these are world-wide problems, none of which can be distincty associatedwith the people who use this board.

i applaud the fact that this particular forum is here-- if i have a problem that i dotn feel like sharing with friends/family i can post fairly anonymously and get positive feedback or advice.

also, people post their problems in here on their own volition, which at least portrays a desire to get healthier mentally or physically. it isnt the cry for attention or sob-fest you invision.

edit: grammar

--------------------
If it weren't for the bloody corpses, I wouldn't have any corpses at all.

There are two ways to get to the top of an oak tree: start climbing or sit on an acorn.

Are you a carrot, an egg, or a coffee bean?

Edited by MrBump (12/27/04 08:09 PM)

Offlinebrowndustin
dustybuddy

Re: Why are their so many fucked up people here? [Re: MrBump]
    #3550291 - 12/27/04 10:45 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

What the fuck? Sorry but I just see this whole post as being pretty damned errogant.

Take the number of members that are on shroomery, then take into account that this place has a very tightly knit community unlike all other forums, then realize that almost no other forums have these sorts of outlets. No, we don't have a ton of fucked up people on here, we're just like everyone else. There are a ton of variables that you need to take into account. I feel blessed that there's a P&M health forum here, I wouldn't feel comfortable posting anywhere else.

If you stay here longer you'll also come to see that most people on here are typically brighter than all the other wads on different forums, they probably can't even identify nor explain their issues. Everyone has em, so don't bitch about it. If you don't want to read the sob stories then don't click the link. You have to understand that many people also come here for anonymity and as a last resort.

--------------------
When the stress burns my brain it's like acid raindrops
maryjane is the only thing that makes the pain stop

OfflineHoneySunKisses
sMoKeY McPoT

Loc: Ontario, Canada (EH?!?!)
Re: Why are their so many fucked up people here? [Re: browndustin]
    #3550586 - 12/27/04 11:29 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

ok I have a sypnosis: the reason people are so fucked up on here is because they have had bad trips on shrooms, put them over the edge and brought out dorment mental health problems/psychoses early..so I am not saying Mushrooms cause these problems, but bring them out early because of bad trips or shit that scares the shit out of you even though it may be a "Revalation" of such....now I am a person who has a panic disorder, anxiety disorder (of the worst kind) and these 2 disorders I believe were brought out by a bad trip on shrooms.

I think if there is a family history of mental health issues and if you are under 18, DO NOT TAKE MUSHROOMS! It affects the brain. There is no 100% proof that mushrooms are as safe as people say they are....

But this is just an opinion. It just seems that a lot of mental health issuse such as the ones I have, and I have seen it a lot on the boards, is from people who have done mushrooms....do u think it's just ironic or maybe there really is a link?.....who knows...I guess we'll wait and see...

OfflineMrBump
Third prize is you're fired
 User Gallery

Loc: Where Art Meets Crime
Re: Why are their so many fucked up people here? [Re: HoneySunKisses]
    #3550691 - 12/27/04 11:46 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

wow, i hope youre being facetious.

i, for one, have never met anyone who's drug use (specifically shrooms) brought out latent mental or personality disorders.

--------------------
If it weren't for the bloody corpses, I wouldn't have any corpses at all.

There are two ways to get to the top of an oak tree: start climbing or sit on an acorn.

Are you a carrot, an egg, or a coffee bean?

Invisibleadrug

#3550743 - 12/27/04 11:56 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Some people just aren't meant to take drugs, honey. Maybe you're one of them.

InvisibleWorld Spirit
PNW
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #3550782 - 12/28/04 12:08 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

I would like the opportunity to start a dialogue on this topic if we can keep it cool. Are you game?

Offlineld50negative1
lethal dosage

#3550803 - 12/28/04 12:17 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

SoopaX said:

It's because EVERY person in the world has SOME mental problem/issue. It all comes with being human.

--------------------

OfflineHoneySunKisses
sMoKeY McPoT

Loc: Ontario, Canada (EH?!?!)
Re: Why are their so many fucked up people here? [Re: World Spirit]
    #3550804 - 12/28/04 12:17 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

yes that's exactly what I want :grin:  I'm game

InvisibleWorld Spirit
PNW
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #3550863 - 12/28/04 12:36 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Well, then, please hear me out from start to finish. I'm going to type this out and try to be somewhat thorough yet very much to-the-point.

THESIS #1
Those who ingest mushrooms for the first time (or on multiple occassions) are a unique percentage of the human population. Nearly all humans appear to have little or absolutely no interest in actually consuming a profoundly impacting food, particularly a mushroom.

PAUSE: I'm getting swamped at work. I'll have to continue this later and I will.

InvisibleLiz
Owl Lady
Female User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Massachusetts
    #3550914 - 12/28/04 12:52 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Not to come across like a bitch or anything, but I would be willing to bet that the reason that you dont "come across" more "fucked up people" as you so eloquently put it, is the way in which you react. People post here because they trust their fellow shroomerites opinions, and advice. Someone may be able to relate to someone halfway around the world about something that is bothering them. Maybe peope dont post in such a heartfelt, honest manner in other forums because people like you look down their noses at them? Just a thought.

--------------------
Remember, remember the fifth of November
The gunpowder treason and plot.
I see no reason why gunpowder treason
Should ever be forgot.

InvisibleJettaJay
PsychedelicStranger
 User Gallery

Re: Why are their so many fucked up people here? [Re: Liz]
    #3550918 - 12/28/04 12:54 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

ifallapart said:
Not to come across like a bitch or anything, but I would be willing to bet that the reason that you dont "come across" more "fucked up people" as you so eloquently put it, is the way in which you react. People post here because they trust their fellow shroomerites opinions, and advice. Someone may be able to relate to someone halfway around the world about something that is bothering them. Maybe peope dont post in such a heartfelt, honest manner in other forums because people like you look down their noses at them? Just a thought.

Get Him

--------------------
I saw a little green light buzzing around in a tree, and it dawned on me that "they" were here
~~~LouiseLouise

OfflineGog
hapless andhappy

Re: Why are their so many fucked up people here? [Re: JettaJay]
    #3551132 - 12/28/04 01:43 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

My disorder is caused by order. There is too much structure and not enough wild natural flowing of energy. This causes my very soul to feel compressed, thus sending my entire mental and physical being into disarray.

We all feel this terrible corruption of life. Your anecdotes and problems are caused by misidentification of a global problem.

see it don't live it.

Invisibleswm
Stranger
Loc: Ohio
    #3551262 - 12/28/04 02:13 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Believe it or not buddy, but life isn't like "leave it to beaver".Everyone has problems,sometimes it helps to talk about it anonymously.
Nobody is perfect,if this forum helps someone vent or just get some unbiased advice then that's great.

--------------------
I can't spell and I have poor grammar.The crap I just posted is proof enough.

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being