Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineflpntwst
Loc: Canada
HELP PLEASE
    #354850 - 07/14/01 07:47 PM (22 years, 9 months ago)

My mushroom cakes just began to fruit. The largest one is about 1/2 an inch long. but now they all have white fuzz on the tops and one even has it growing on the base. Could this be cobweb mold? Or do I need more humidity? Please, please don't be cobweb mold. Also one of my little fruits is growing down. What should I do with him?
Thanks for any help

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinejonnyshaggs420
Pooh-Bah

Loc: Mid-West
Re: HELP PLEASE [Re: flpntwst]
    #354858 - 07/14/01 08:07 PM (22 years, 9 months ago)

Doesn't sound like cobweb. Sounds like your humidity is a bit too high. Try fanning more often. If you are using perlite to humidify then crack the lid open a bit or do something else to allow more ventilation. If you are using another method of humidification then cut back a little on it. The shroom growing down is not a problem, just let him live out his life like the rest of 'em.

I don't care about jack shit, I just wanna pick my nose!!!
------Jonny Socko

--------------------
Vote Jonnyshaggs in the next election for GOD...Its the responsible choice

Offlineflpntwst
Re: HELP PLEASE [Re: jonnyshaggs420]
    #354867 - 07/14/01 08:58 PM (22 years, 9 months ago)

Thank very much. I'll try that.

Offlineflpntwst
Re: HELP PLEASE [Re: jonnyshaggs420]
    #354870 - 07/14/01 09:09 PM (22 years, 9 months ago)

Okay, Now I am a little confused. If you go into the growing P.C. guide under "Magic Mushroom growing guide version 3.2" then under "growing cycle" and then the seventh paragraph down, it says. . . "If the mushrooms have mycelium growing on the caps it is a indication the humidity is too low. In this case you have to have just the right amount of humidity, you are on the edge of failure." I don't want to fail. So should I add or take away?

InvisibleLana
Head Banana
Female

Loc: www.MycoSupply.com
    #354886 - 07/14/01 10:09 PM (22 years, 9 months ago)

You want to take away:)

Your humidity is just a little too high thats all. Think of it this way. Where you have 100% humidity, your mycelium tries to "reach out" and grab the moisture. It doesn't know that there's no substrate, just fresh clean moisture particles to cling onto. I've had chambers over humidify. You'll see the white fluffy mycelium crawl up the base of the stem, and since water can collect on the caps you'll see it start to grow on the caps to.

It doesn't effect the potentcy or strength of the mushroom. Its just an indicator the humidity is too high. Fan your chamber out twice as much for 1-2 days and your be ok:)

Lana

Distributors of Mycological Products

http://www.MycoSupply.com

--------------------
Myco Supply - Distributors of Mycological Products
http://www.MycoSupply.com

The Premiere Source for Mushroom Growing Supplies.
Visit us online or call us toll free

Offlineflpntwst
Re: HELP PLEASE [Re: Lana]
    #354894 - 07/14/01 10:46 PM (22 years, 9 months ago)

Lana,
Thanks very much. I'll start tonight.
Carmen

Offlinebluhoney
Yes Im a realgirl ,geeesh
Female User Gallery

#354898 - 07/14/01 10:55 PM (22 years, 9 months ago)

Hello, high humidity causes mycelia to sometimes return to the vegetative stage. Fan it a few more times a day and you should be fine.

information posted is for entertainment purposes only and should not be attempted in real life

--------------------
Information listed here is for entertainment only and is neither real or proven

Offlineauto59009
enthusiast
Loc: Australia
Re: HELP PLEASE [Re: bluhoney]
    #354916 - 07/15/01 12:03 AM (22 years, 9 months ago)

sounds like simple newie panic to me :smile:
definitely what lana and blu said... too much humidity... just loer it a bit... i too read that in mmgg and was confused by it? even when i lowered humidity to test this theory i got no myc on caps!

don't worry about the one that is growing down. just make sure there is light in the direction you would like them to grow. totally transparent containers or numerous light sources will cause the odd mushroom to grow down or sideways or (my best effort yet) twist around itself haha. not a prob man... once you have a few casings under ur belt you will learn to stop worrying about small things.

good luck man!

I am a compulsive liar :wink:
http://go.to/FreeSporeRing
http://www.lilshopofspores.com
http://www.shaman-australis.com/shroom

--------------------
I am a compulsive liar :wink:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate