Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | Next >
InvisibleSkorpivoMusterion
Livin in theTwilight Zone...
 User Gallery

Loc: You can't spell fungus wi...
Re: Thoughts on my banishment [Re: trendal]
    #3550071 - 12/27/04 08:07 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

As Redstorm said, I am referring to the second ban.

--------------------
Coffee should be black as hell, strong as death, and sweet as love.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibletrendalM
J♠
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario, Canada Flag
Re: Thoughts on my banishment [Re: Redstorm]
    #3550072 - 12/27/04 08:07 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

I can't make any call on that, as I wasn't online and thus was not involved in the decision. I support the other mods' decisions though. They're good people.

--------------------
Once, men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free.
But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.

OfflinemotamanM
old hand
 User Gallery
Re: Thoughts on my banishment [Re: Mushmonkey]
    #3550078 - 12/27/04 08:08 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

And before I forget, if the original ban was indeed justified and clearly called for (which has never been established)..

It was determined by the admins and mods
Why would you think it would have to be established or justified to you ?

--------------------
http://heffter.org

InvisibletrendalM
J♠
Male User Gallery

Re: Thoughts on my banishment [Re: SkorpivoMusterion]
    #3550087 - 12/27/04 08:10 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Oh ok, sorry Skorpivo!

--------------------
Once, men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free.

InvisiblePawPaw
Picktish TexasStyle....

Loc: was born down in the sout...
Re: Thoughts on my banishment [Re: shirley knott]
    #3550109 - 12/27/04 08:13 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

shirley knott said:
yeah, well maybe.

you can discuss it with him in 7 hours and 58 minutes.

Good going Shirley  :thumbup: :smirk:

--------------------
Come to Paw Paws place there will be no sleeping tonight

Eric just wants to catch reds ..
Don?t look back, don?t look back
He?s right on your trail
Don?t look back, don?t look back
He?s just a step away from hell
WDYWFM?

InvisibleEdame
gone

Loc: outta here
Re: Thoughts on my banishment [Re: motaman]
    #3550127 - 12/27/04 08:16 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

motaman said:
Quote:

And before I forget, if the original ban was indeed justified and clearly called for (which has never been established)..

It was determined by the admins and mods
Why would you think it would have to be established or justified to you ?

Yeah Mushmonkey, what whacked-out logic led you to think you had any right to question or know what goes on in this community?  That's crazy talk man... :crazy2:

--------------------
The above is an extract from my fictional novel, "The random postings of Edame".
:tongue:

In the beginning was the word. And man could not handle the word, and the hearing of the word, and he asked God to take away his ears so that he might live in peace without having to hear words which might upset his equinamity or corrupt the unblemished purity of his conscience.

And God, hearing this desperate plea from His creation, wrinkled His mighty brow for a moment and then leaned down toward man, beckoning that he should come close so as to hear all that was about to be revealed to him.

"Fuck you," He whispered, and frowned upon the pathetic supplicant before retreating to His heavens.

InvisibletrendalM
J♠
Male User Gallery

Re: Thoughts on my banishment [Re: Edame]
    #3550137 - 12/27/04 08:18 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Care to explain why it isn't crazy talk?

--------------------

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
    #3550162 - 12/27/04 08:22 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

trendal said:

Because, from this perspective, it is perfectly reasonable for us to want to see some examples and some lines of reasoning, and some answers as to why important aspects of our points of view are left unaddressed.

Speaking of.... didn't I just ask you to supply some answers and some reasoning? :lol:

Perhaps I should just repost everything I said once again... :smirk:

:headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :satansmoking:

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

InvisibletrendalM
J♠
Male User Gallery

Re: Thoughts on my banishment [Re: fireworks_god]
    #3550172 - 12/27/04 08:24 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Hehe, ahh fireworks :smile:

You always do get me thinking!

My reasoning behind Swami's first ban has not changed, so I don't see any reason to re-post my reasons. They are still there in the other threads from when he was banned 2 weeks ago.

--------------------

OfflinemotamanM
old hand
 User Gallery
    #3550195 - 12/27/04 08:28 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Because, from this perspective, it is perfectly reasonable for us to want to see some examples and some lines of reasoning, and some answers as to why important aspects of our points of view are left unaddressed.

Those "lines of reasoning" have already been debated when he was originally banned

the communities point of view is always taken in to consideration..

and certain debates and coniderations are privy only to admins and mods

--------------------
http://heffter.org

OfflineRedstorm
Prince of Bugs
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #3550209 - 12/27/04 08:31 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

I'm still waiting for an explanation for the 2nd ban. :smirk:

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

#3550238 - 12/27/04 08:35 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

trendal said:
My reasoning behind Swami's first ban has not changed, so I don't see any reason to re-post my reasons. They are still there in the other threads from when he was banned 2 weeks ago.

But, for the most part, I am not even talking about the initial ban here, and from what I have read, neither are you:

Quote:

trendal said:
Because instead of taking up a perceived personal grievances with the mods/admins who made the decision, he came back and made a lot of public hoopla and drama.

I wasn't asking for lines of reasoning concerning the initial ban, I was specifically replying to a statement you just made, which relates to Swami's new banning, as quoted below....

Quote:

trendal said:
Now, I wasn't online when he was banned...but this is what I gather the reason was. After reading this thread and the other he posted in OTD, I can see why he was banned (see above).

Quote:

fireworks_god said:
I didn't see the thread in OTD, but considering what I know of the forum, I don't see how he could have been banned as a result of a post there, unless he was flaming or posting some highly controversial pictures.... Anyways, I would certainly appreciate some specific examples of rules being broken in his posting in that forum. It shouldn't be too hard to do this if they are actually there, right? :grin:

I was also curious as to the details of your view that would interpret Swami's post, this one right now, the one we are in, which was made after his first ban, condemned Swami to a second banning. Where in this thread did he step over the line?

You say that you weren't involved with the second banning, and indeed you weren't, but if you thereby absolve yourself of knowing enough of this banning to really speak on it, how can you then support the banning, as this is what you outlined in two sentences, which appear below?

Quote:

trendal said:
I can't make any call on that, as I wasn't online and thus was not involved in the decision. I support the other mods' decisions though. They're good people.

How can you form a judgement concerning the matter in this way? Does said moderators labeled quality of "good" therefore imply that they were right in their actions, or even that you could automatically support their action? That seems a little skewed to me... :wink:

Peace. :mushroom2:

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

InvisibletrendalM
J♠
Male User Gallery

#3550257 - 12/27/04 08:39 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Oh ok, I need to get on the same page as everyone else here :grin:

So, on the subject of this recent ban: as I said I can't really comment too much on it as I was not involved in the decision at all. I think that, under the circumstances, a ban was not totally out of line...but that's as far as I can take it :wink:

--------------------

InvisibleTheHateCamel
Research &Development -DBK
    #3550260 - 12/27/04 08:39 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

That last thing he need is a mod war.

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Re: Thoughts on my banishment [Re: motaman]
    #3550267 - 12/27/04 08:41 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

motaman said:
Those "lines of reasoning" have already been debated when he was originally banned

the communities point of view is always taken in to consideration..

and certain debates and coniderations are privy only to admins and mods 

I'm sorry, but this statement certainly doesn't reassure me of your point of view, especially as it doesn't even address specific statements that I made. I didn't ask for some vauge, general phrases, I directly replied to isolated statements and asked for some answers and for some more information directly related to those isolated statements. When trendal says something like "reading that thread, I can see why he was banned", I don't take his word for it, I ask him how he came to the conclusion, I ask him to present some information so that I can come to a conclusion on it on my own. :grin:

Peace. :mushroom2:

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

Offlineekomstop
Male User Gallery

Loc: Canada Flag
    #3550274 - 12/27/04 08:42 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

I don't mean to barge in here soley to help further fuel this big fire of frustration/confusion..but I can hardly resist pointing out that it seems quite a large portion of this community does not agree with what the mods/admins have decided to do to help 'resolve' this situation..so how much resistance from the community is it going to take before those who are supposed to be representing the community finally decide to (once again) act upon that responsibillity?

edit: this wasn't directed at trendal specifically, but to any of the apparent few who are upholding this decsion for reasons which still don't seem to be very clear to anyone..

OfflineRedstorm
Prince of Bugs
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Thoughts on my banishment [Re: ekomstop]
    #3550280 - 12/27/04 08:43 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Thats a good question, and I would say our opinion does not particularly matter in this case. We speak when spoken to, and if not, our opinions don't count b/c we don't have green names.

InvisibleEdame
gone

Loc: outta here
    #3550297 - 12/27/04 08:46 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

I feel slightly sad that you had to ask. I thought the idea of a community messageboard was to promote discussion of various issues, not to suppress it. If mods are going to lord it over people and ban who they like without explanation ("i don't need to explain myself"), why even bother having rules? If a mod's word is law then what else is needed?

--------------------
The above is an extract from my fictional novel, "The random postings of Edame".
:tongue:

In the beginning was the word. And man could not handle the word, and the hearing of the word, and he asked God to take away his ears so that he might live in peace without having to hear words which might upset his equinamity or corrupt the unblemished purity of his conscience.

And God, hearing this desperate plea from His creation, wrinkled His mighty brow for a moment and then leaned down toward man, beckoning that he should come close so as to hear all that was about to be revealed to him.

"Fuck you," He whispered, and frowned upon the pathetic supplicant before retreating to His heavens.

InvisibletrendalM
J♠
Male User Gallery

Re: Thoughts on my banishment [Re: Redstorm]
    #3550302 - 12/27/04 08:47 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Well personally I think that viewpoint is unfair. Your opinions are listened to, and in MANY (I would say most) cases the opinions of the community are one of the primary factors in any admin/mod decision. Sometimes, though, we decide that our reasoning IS right and so we may have to do something that makes some of us unpopular (though, granted, if we wanted to be popular we wouldn't be mods :wink: ).

--------------------

OfflineMushmonkey
shiftlesslayabout
 User Gallery

#3550318 - 12/27/04 08:50 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

The first ban is still very questionable.

You may think you posted your reasons, but I did read that thread, and all I got out of it was this:

One single poster had a problem with one single thing Swami posted, thinking it was bait for him to take.
On account of a single word that was used by Swami, the same word having been used by the poster in a previous post.
He thought that it was Swami sending a private message to him in a public post -- that one single word -- and that poster saw all sorts of accusations and made all kinds of assumptions about what was intended.

Aside from that, we just have the mods and admins telling us to trust them, that it has been going on and that they've recieved all sorts of negative feedback.. which I call bullshit on as well.

But what can you do? They are leaning on the words of the too-thin-skinned and the delusional, and I think they either have already or soon will realize it. However, I don't think they'll admit any mistakes being made and instead simply try to silence this and move past it.. banking on the 100% infallibility of those in power.

I'll say it again. The inability of those in power to admit to a mistake being made causes their downfall. If such things continue here rest assured I'll soon leave -- call me a rat if you will, but I know when a ship is sinking.

The second ban is completely dependant upon the first ban being justifiable -- which it is not. The second ban shouldn't even be up for discussion. It is only possible and POSSIBLY justified if the first ban is also justified.

As the only justification for the first ban was one paranoid delusion and a great deal of hearsay and 'trust us'.. well. Draw your own conclusions from there, I think I marked the path clearly enough.

--------------------
i finally got around to making a sig
revel in its glory and quake in fear at its might
grar.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | Next >

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals