Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineDeadheadAcidFreak
Stranger
Pick or let go???
    #354773 - 07/14/01 05:07 PM (22 years, 8 months ago)

Ok, now there is this horse fam up the street from me, and the horses are grain/wheat fed, there are these tiny mushrooms growing growing all over the shit of these horses, when i move the shit around (WITH A GLOVE) there are a ton more, the mushrooms have a brownish cap to them and have a light brown stalk to them, when there all dried up the caps are grey with black gills and bright white stalks, now should i eat them or not??? any comments would be MUCH Appreciated!!!!!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
Re: Pick or let go??? [Re: DeadheadAcidFreak]
    #354821 - 07/14/01 06:59 PM (22 years, 8 months ago)

Well first off you did not tell us what part of the country you live in.

Second, I suspect that you have found a rare mushroom because no mushrooms which have black gills and brown stalks dry out to a white stalk. The black spored mushrooms are Coprinus, Annelaria, Panaeolus and Copelandia. All of these species grow in manure/

The Coprinus do have a whitish stalk but they are known as inky caps and get all inky. Drying them out is practically impossible

And a mushroom as you describe with brown stalks would not dry out to a white stalk. And it is extremely rare to fine any magic mushrooms in horse manure.

On the other hand if the manure is made into compost mixed with straw or hay or alfalfa then you would get Panaeolus subbalteatus which has a reddish brown stalk with virtical grooves running down a holloed stem and the caps with bands of colors on them and sometimes the caps fade to a whitish pallid color.

But a black gilled mushroom would not have a bright white stalk unless it was a Coprinus which is not psychoactive. Coprinus comatus is an edible shroom known as a shaggy Mane.

Get a camera and photograph you r mushrooms and then post them. You can purchased cheap 35 mm cameras for under 50 dollars.

Have a shroomy day.

mj

Have a shroomy day and may all of your days be shroomy.

InvisibleGGreatOne234
Stranger
Re: Pick or let go??? [Re: mjshroomer]
    #354956 - 07/15/01 02:27 AM (22 years, 8 months ago)

hehehehe!

OfflineDeadheadAcidFreak
Stranger
    #355245 - 07/15/01 03:15 PM (22 years, 8 months ago)

well, the manure is made of shit, and straw, wood chips as well, the fresh mushrooms are brown at the top and like u said kinda reddish and brown at thre stalk, when they are dried up they are kinda grey, with black gills and a white stalk, oh yea and i live in Pa... if u want i can scan a pic of them..

OfflineMitchnast
Toadmonger
Male User Gallery

Loc: Okanagan
    #355287 - 07/15/01 04:11 PM (22 years, 8 months ago)

yes yes send a pic. DELIGHTFUL! *snicker* goo goo ga joob.

madness never slows down, it only piles up.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck