Home | Community | Message Board

Mushrooms.com
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Science and Technology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleEdame
gone

Loc: outta here
Wireless bridge + WinXP
    #3543787 - 12/26/04 09:12 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

One of my xmas purchases is giving me a major headache and I'm wondering if anyone can offer some assistance.

I bought some wireless equipment and I'm having some difficulty with one particular part.

I have a shuttle PC with no room for a wireless PCI card so I bought a wireless ethernet bridge hoping to be able to swap it between my PC and my xbox as needed. It works fine on the xbox, no problems at all, but I can't get it working for more than 5 minutes at a time on Windows XP.
I'm writing this from my Linux partition (SUSE) which also works with no problems (didn't have to configure a thing, just opened a browser and it worked). I can't for the life of me figure out why XP has such a problem with this setup. The only thing I've spotted so far is that I now have an extra icon in my network places ("Internet connection") which seems to be an internet gateway. I'm guessing that XP is trying to enable internet connection sharing or thinks that is how I'm getting a connection. I can post some screenshots when I boot back into XP.

Has anyone else ever had a similar problem?

--------------------
The above is an extract from my fictional novel, "The random postings of Edame".
:tongue:

In the beginning was the word. And man could not handle the word, and the hearing of the word, and he asked God to take away his ears so that he might live in peace without having to hear words which might upset his equinamity or corrupt the unblemished purity of his conscience.

And God, hearing this desperate plea from His creation, wrinkled His mighty brow for a moment and then leaned down toward man, beckoning that he should come close so as to hear all that was about to be revealed to him.

"Fuck you," He whispered, and frowned upon the pathetic supplicant before retreating to His heavens.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleEdame
gone

Loc: outta here
Re: Wireless bridge + WinXP [Re: Edame]
    #3543839 - 12/26/04 10:39 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

May have finally sorted it, I tried running the network wizard again and it seems to have detected everything properly this time.  :smirk:

--------------------
The above is an extract from my fictional novel, "The random postings of Edame".
:tongue:

In the beginning was the word. And man could not handle the word, and the hearing of the word, and he asked God to take away his ears so that he might live in peace without having to hear words which might upset his equinamity or corrupt the unblemished purity of his conscience.

And God, hearing this desperate plea from His creation, wrinkled His mighty brow for a moment and then leaned down toward man, beckoning that he should come close so as to hear all that was about to be revealed to him.

"Fuck you," He whispered, and frowned upon the pathetic supplicant before retreating to His heavens.

Invisiblefunkymonk
Get's down, withthe get-down.
 User Gallery

Loc: saskatchewan
Re: Wireless bridge + WinXP [Re: Edame]
    #5011923 - 12/03/05 11:16 PM (11 years, 8 days ago)

What exactly is a Wireless Ethernet Bridge?

**I will google, I just thought I'd ask.

Edited by funkymonk (12/03/05 11:18 PM)

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Science and Technology