Home | Community | Message Board

Mushrooms.com
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Political Discussion

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinelonestar2004
Live to party,work to affordit.
 User Gallery

Loc: South Texas
VME is the new black.
    #3543408 - 12/26/04 01:35 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

The metropolitan Police will no longer describe black people as black, as part of a new attempt to counter charges of racism in the force. both black and Asian people in the future will be referred to as ....."VISIBLE MINORITY ETHNICS"

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jht...6/ixnestop.html

if the police themselves are called blacks does this mean that the union will have to be renamed the "NATIONAL VISIBLE MAJORITY NATIVE POLICE ASSOCIATION?"

--------------------
America's debt problem is a "sign of leadership failure"

We have "reckless fiscal policies"

America has a debt problem and a failure of leadership.

Americans deserve better

Barack Obama

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineKenny7822
Kenny
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: MA, USA
Re: VME is the new black. [Re: lonestar2004]
    #3543421 - 12/26/04 01:43 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

We have a suspect fleeing the crime scene description is about a 40 year old black male...I mean 40 year old VISIBLE MINORITY ETHNIC hahaha that's what the show Cops will be like soon. I really don't think it is racist to call someone black unless of course you are doing it purposly to hurt that person otherwise you are just describing their skin color.

Anonymous

#3543427 - 12/26/04 01:45 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

countering racism is as easy as inventing new terms for the bureaucracy to use... ah...

:confused:

Anonymous

Re: VME is the new black. [Re: Kenny7822]
    #3543428 - 12/26/04 01:47 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

pretty much the only people who say "african american" are those who don't personally know any black people. all of my black friends call themselves "black".

Anonymous

#3543462 - 12/26/04 01:58 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

there are some blatantly derogatory racist labels.

"nigger" is a racist term.

negro is not. colored is not. black is not. african american is not. these words tend to become unacceptable over time. the reason is that some people are racist underneath. there is nothing wrong with being a "negro". there is nothing wrong with being "colored" or "black". these are not derogatory terms. the only people who believe that someone would be offended or ashamed of being referred to by one of these titles are in fact racists themselves. why call someone an african american? because you believe that being "black" is an insult.

some people are uncomfortable saying the word "jew". they feel dirty saying it. i guess it sounds derogatory to them. whos problem is that? my girlfriend is a jew. her family is made up of jews. no one amongst them winces when referring to themselves as "jews".

gays call themselves gay. everyone else calls them "homosexuals".

?

OfflineRedstorm
Prince of Bugs
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: VME is the new black. [Re: ]
    #3543502 - 12/26/04 02:11 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

God this pol. correct stuff is going a bit far. I can understand not calling someone a "nigger", but now you can't call them black or african american?

From now on, I don't wanna be called white anymore. I wanna be called a "visible nonminority".

InvisibleDNKYD
Turtle!

Re: VME is the new black. [Re: Redstorm]
    #3543509 - 12/26/04 02:13 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Leave it to politicians to fuck up anything they get their hands on.

Anonymous

Re: VME is the new black. [Re: Redstorm]
    #3543515 - 12/26/04 02:15 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

"A textbook writer sent me the guidelines used by the Harcourt/Steck/Vaughn company to remove photographs that might give offense. Editors must delete, the guidelines said, pictures of women with big hair or sleeveless blouses and men with dreadlocks or medallions. Photographs must not portray the soles of shoes or anyone eating with the left hand (both in deference to Muslim culture). To avoid giving offense to those who cannot afford a home computer, no one may be shown owning a home computer. To avoid offending those with strong but differing religious views, decorations for religious holidays must never appear in the background.

A college professor informed me that a new textbook in human development includes the following statement: "As a folksinger once sang, how many roads must an individual walk down before you can call them an adult." The professor was stupefied that someone had made the line gender-neutral and ungrammatical by rewriting Bob Dylan's folk song "Blowin' in the Wind," which had simply asked: "How many roads must a man walk down before you call him a man?""

http://www.opinionjournal.com/taste/?id=110004691

Offlinekadakuda
The Great"Green".......East
 User Gallery

Loc: Asia
Re: VME is the new black. [Re: ]
    #3543526 - 12/26/04 02:20 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

they are people. how many names do we have to call people to look liek we are not racists? it has nothing to do with how they feel, they jsut want to look like they dont care if a person is of a certain ethnic background.

i know it may not make any sense but i find people saying a huge long politaclly corect thing to describe someone more discriminating than just calling them a guy or black if need be.

it really has gotten stupid. be nice when the day comes we are all one color so we dont need to hear about all this bs.

--------------------
The seeds you won't sow are the plants you dont grow.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Political Discussion