Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinetom121
Stranger
using Metol
    #3535630 - 12/23/04 11:38 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

There are, of course, certain chemical applications used to speed up the bluing reaction which occurs in psilocybian mushrooms. One method involves "metol", a chemical used in photographic developing. "Metol" can be legally purchased from any camera and photographic supply outlet. Mix 1 part Metol with 20 parts water. Place the stem of the suspected mushroom in a "metol" solution and wait for approximately 1/2 hour.

If the solution turns blue, you have actually collected a mushroom containing Psilocybin

Black Colored Spores and Spore prints

If the sporeprint is jet black, then the mushroom belongs to one of the following genera: Panaeolus and/or Copelandia.
Coprinus (shaggy Mane) and/or Anellaria also have jet black spore prints but are not hallucinogenic. Both Panaeolus and Copelandia mushrooms contain the alkaloids psilocybin and psilocin.

does that really work? I have some shroom I picked up, I want to use metol to test it... is there a lot of different kinds of metol?

thanks

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinefresh313
journeyman
 User Gallery

Re: using Metol [Re: tom121]
    #3536161 - 12/23/04 02:09 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

all you have to do is bruise them and they will turn blue almost instantly... why use chemicals?

OfflineWorkmanV
1999 Spore War Veteran
Male User Gallery

Loc: Oregon, USA
Re: using Metol [Re: tom121]
    #3543199 - 12/25/04 10:25 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

The metol test is useless. It doesn't test for psilocybin specifically but supposedly only accelerates the bluing reaction. Unfortunately many non-psilocybin containing mushrooms also turn the developer purple or blue.

There is no psilocybin field test and there is no substitute for research and experience in the identification of hallucinogenic mushrooms. Sorry.

--------------------
Research funded by the patrons of
The Spore Works
Exotic Spore Supply

My Instagram
Reinvesting 25% of Sales Towards Basic Research and Species Identification :amanitajar:

OfflinebizzaroSquirrel
residentsquirrel

Loc: Melbourne, Aust
Re: using Metol [Re: Workman]
    #4233943 - 05/29/05 04:33 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

"There is no psilocybin field test and there is no substitute for research and experience in the identification of hallucinogenic mushrooms."

Curses.  Oh well, I'm sure the research and experience part will be half the fun... in the end... :sad:

--------------------
Hello Friends.
I am a perfectly normal human worm baby.
You have nothing, absolutely nothing to fear from me, just pay no attention to me and we will get along fine.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies