Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Brown Rice Flour, Perlite, Pressure Cooker, Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Imported From Holland

Loc: Holland, duh?
First time grow (what I plan on doing)
    #3543192 - 12/26/04 12:24 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

My Strain: B+

First of all I get a 1/2 cup of Vermiculite and put 60 ml of Water in and mix until barely visable small amount of water. Then mix in  the 1/4 cup of Brown Rice Flower (coat wet mix with BRF will stiring). Put into a 1/2 pint mason jar (or drinking glass) toped off with 1 cm of vermiculite.

Now I top her off with a piece of tin foil double foulded. then I add 4 holes (like an addition symbol "+") <--That was just incase your extremly stupid and you dont know what a addition symbol looks like-- Then I add another piece of tin foil.

Now since I don't have a pressure cooker I'm gonna boil the bastards. Get a huge ass pot. Put 2 washcloths at the bottom of it and put how ever many cakes I make in there. boil for 50 minutes at 235 Degress. leave in over night.

Mornin'!- inoculation time I take the one piece of tin foil off and sterilize the needle. First I shake it then I insert 1cc of air over a flame then wipe with alcohol. inoculate all 4 sides (1.5cc is enough for one jar). then put tin foil back over

now I store this somewhere dark (at 80 to 86 degrees with below 10% humid)until mycelium takes over atleast 80% of the jar and a couple pins are there. and then I put them in a plastic bag and put them in the fridge overnight. now I birth the beasts.

I take it, tip it upside down and spank it. remove the foil and lay it 1/2 inch layer of moistened perlite in a little garbage rubber bin or something with a cover on top of translucent plastic. I open it 4 times a day to air it and if needed moisten the perlite with some water but not directly on the cake with natural sunlight.

mushrooms grow...I pick...and now I dunk them in the fridge over night. dab it so it wont be so wet with a paper towel. and then put them back in the fruiting chamber.

DONE! this is kinda a faq for me while I'm doing this any corrections please feel free to correct me  :thumbup: I put this together after studying on here for several days.

Please Enjoy Responsibly

Edited by Heineken (12/26/04 12:33 AM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
straw dog

Loc: Route 66
Re: First time grow (what I plan on doing) [Re: Heineken]
    #3543731 - 12/26/04 06:34 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Since water boils at 212F it will be difficult to reach 235 without a pressure cooker. Better to boil those babies for 90 minutes.

Don't birth your cakes until they've reached 100% colonization or you'll be growing things that you don't want.

Good luck to ya.

Fascism (fash'izem) n. A governmental system marked by a centralized dictatorship, stringent socioeconomic controls, and often belligerent nationalism. see also: the Bush Administration.

Re: First time grow (what I plan on doing) [Re: Heineken]
    #3543736 - 12/26/04 06:47 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

you got it dude.  I followed the same procedure exacty and just enjoyed my first flush (EQ).  Good luck and if you have any questions don't be afraid to ask there is a wealth of knowledge on this site.  Good Luck!! :thumbup:

User Gallery

Loc: USA, ( CT )
Re: First time grow (what I plan on doing) [Re: DaShroomer]
    #3543927 - 12/26/04 12:28 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Food for thought...

Oven Raoster Bags withstand temps up to 350F+...

If you can't get a pressure cooker, at least try an ovenbag method. I would personally add 10% - 20% more water than called for.

Hint: Preheat oven to 300F, and squeeze as much air out of bag before sealing. Seal as far towards the end as possible to allow for steam expansion and don't seal super-tight. Some pressure needs to escape to keep the bag from popping. (Better than boiling alone.)

Don't forget to RATE us if you think we are offering GOOD or BAD advice, Thank-you!

I participate in the PROTEIN FOLDING PROGRAM helping the shroomery to help others,
I support www.shroomery.org (Team # 12679)

Edited by LaughingJim (12/27/04 11:10 PM)

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Brown Rice Flour, Perlite, Pressure Cooker, Vermiculite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation