Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleADoobie
AdoobieShroomery
Male
Loc: I moved!
Vacation plans...
    #3542324 - 12/25/04 05:01 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Hey. I am going on vacation from Jan 1 - Jan 8. AFOAF asked me to look after his fruiting chamber while he is gone (he's already gone)...So now I need a plan to keep things moving

Right now he has two ALMOST fully colonized Myco grain bags (1 Puerto Rican, 1 Aussie)..they are both very healthy. 100% colonization by the 27th, maybe 26th of Dec.

G2G planned for Dec. 28th, and bags are to be set aside in TIT for spawn run. Idea is to return home and case bulk substrate for pinning/fruiting POST vacation...hopefully things will be ready to go by the time this guy gets back.

Its been a ruff time for this guy and I really didn't want to come home to think of things I SHOULD have done. Does anyone have any ideas or thoughts to add? Methinks G2G -> Incubator for 10 days seems...just lazy. I feel like I am cutting corners or something. Is it possible that 10 days could be too long for an un-attended spawn run?

Thanks

--------------------
ADoobie said:
I know what strikes me as odd about this. It is totally unnatural. The whole idea is just totally backwards.

So are historians going to look back at 'The Great Cake Eaters'? Damn. That was a backwards step in the evolutionary process. We left Shroomheads in the dust. Welcome to the new age of Vermheads.

VvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVv

I ONLY STUDY legal, edible mushrooms and mycology. Any mention of any other kind of mushroom is purely fictional, and pictures are ripped from the internet. I do not grow mushrooms!

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlineticktock
Seeker
 User Gallery

Loc: Just ask the rabbit.
Re: Vacation plans... [Re: ADoobie]
    #3542998 - 12/25/04 10:57 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Bump.

I'm betting that one of the old timers will tell you to leave it alone, put what you have in the fridge on the first, and proceed on the eighth. That might delay your harvest by a few days, but should keep you safe.

Disclaimer; I'm pretty green, but have done a lot of reading. My second grow is going strong in spite of my experiments, (screw ups).

--------------------
Don't panic!

InvisibleADoobie
AdoobieShroomery
Male
Loc: I moved!
Re: Vacation plans... [Re: ticktock]
    #3543092 - 12/25/04 11:51 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

I was thinking that...but then I thought...is it really going to hurt to let the spawn run in a dark incubator on it's own for 8 days? I was thinking the myc might like the privacy for once :smile:

--------------------
ADoobie said:
I know what strikes me as odd about this. It is totally unnatural. The whole idea is just totally backwards.

So are historians going to look back at 'The Great Cake Eaters'? Damn. That was a backwards step in the evolutionary process. We left Shroomheads in the dust. Welcome to the new age of Vermheads.

VvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVv

I ONLY STUDY legal, edible mushrooms and mycology. Any mention of any other kind of mushroom is purely fictional, and pictures are ripped from the internet. I do not grow mushrooms!

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation