Home | Community | Message Board

Mushrooms.com
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Grateful Dead

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflinePhilanthropist
Savior ofMankind

Loc: Amsterdam, Holland
Sorry people but I have come to realize that this forum is useless
    #3541999 - 12/25/04 01:40 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

None of you remember me but I used to post a lot here. None of us have the answers and I am done waisting my time trying to figure them out. All I know is I have to find some way to get more power than George Soros, Bill Gates, and Pablo Escobar combined. Then spend all that power on manipulating land to end world hunger, monopolize the construction industry to provide shelter, provide free education, and provide necessary hygiene necessity, and ultimately unite the world so we can harness the one aspect of our species that separates us from every other; our level of communication.

Merry Fuckin Christmas (Discontent is the first step towards a change in society)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineGomp
¡(Bound to·(O))be free!
Male User Gallery

Loc: I re·side [primarily] in...
Re: Sorry people but I have come to realize that this forum is useless [Re: Philanthropist]
    #3542026 - 12/25/04 01:48 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

"Money got no legs."
-unknown :P

--------------------

--------------------
Disclaimer!?

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

Re: Sorry people but I have come to realize that this forum is useless [Re: Gomp]
    #3542031 - 12/25/04 01:50 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

disgust helps you come to grips with the situation

OfflineLightningfractal
Nutcase

Loc: Heaven and Hell
Re: Sorry people but I have come to realize that this forum is useless [Re: Philanthropist]
    #3542060 - 12/25/04 02:03 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

god bless the child in us all.

--------------------
Hi how's it going, wanna kick Heroin basically painlessly on your own, in your own house, without any government "help" ,or the "help" of a crazy condescending, judgmental medical doctor? Read this:

https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=0&Board=42&Number=7342616&page=0&fpart=all

Invisiblelukeboots
fresh futuristic
Male User Gallery
Loc: Grand Ole Operating Syste...
    #3542068 - 12/25/04 02:07 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Good luck with your plans :smile:

--------------------

funky ass music: Planet of Dinosaurs // Rich Whiskey

OfflineGomp
¡(Bound to·(O))be free!
Male User Gallery

Re: Sorry people but I have come to realize that this forum is useless [Re: lukeboots]
    #3542159 - 12/25/04 03:16 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

"making mistakes, is learning from them"
-unknown :P

--------------------

--------------------
Disclaimer!?

Invisiblejux
I'm better thanan STD!

Re: Sorry people but I have come to realize that this forum is useless [Re: Gomp]
    #3542200 - 12/25/04 03:57 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

To learn from your mistakes is the biggest mistake you can make

--------------------

OfflineGomp
¡(Bound to·(O))be free!
Male User Gallery

#3542209 - 12/25/04 04:02 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

before learning from your mistakes, no mistake is made ;D

--------------------

--------------------
Disclaimer!?

Offlineld50negative1
lethal dosage

#3542218 - 12/25/04 04:06 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Philanthropist said:
None of you remember me but I used to post a lot here. None of us have the answers and I am done waisting my time trying to figure them out. All I know is I have to find some way to get more power than George Soros, Bill Gates, and Pablo Escobar combined. Then spend all that power on manipulating land to end world hunger, monopolize the construction industry to provide shelter, provide free education, and provide necessary hygiene necessity, and ultimately unite the world so we can harness the one aspect of our species that separates us from every other; our level of communication.

Merry Fuckin Christmas (Discontent is the first step towards a change in society)

I don't think the purpose of this forum is to find any answers for much except shroom questions.

--------------------

OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

Loc: The Zero Point Field
    #3542259 - 12/25/04 04:30 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

I remember you, Philanthropist.  I have enjoyed your posts.  You haven't been here in a while. 

There's always shit going on somewhere, whether in our lives or out in the big, wide world.  Christmas is a nice time to take a break from the shit and just be happy with our family and friends and being grateful for what we have. 

Of course, you don't have to be happy about anything.  I realize we all have the right to be pissed off about our lives or the world at any given time. 

But I just read this in my email before I came to the Shroomery.  I don't know if it is apropos, but here it is:

I Am Thankful

FOR THE WIFE WHO SAYS IT'S HOT DOGS TONIGHT BECAUSE SHE IS HOME, NOT WITH SOMEONE ELSE.

FOR THE HUSBAND WHO IS ON THE SOFA BEING A COUCH POTATO BECAUSE HE IS HOME  AND NOT OUT WITH SOMEONE ELSE.

FOR THE TEENAGER WHO IS COMPLAINING ABOUT DOING DISHES, BECAUSE THAT MEANS SHE IS AT HOME, NOT ON THE STREETS.

FOR THE MESS TO CLEAN AFTER A PARTY, BECAUSE IT MEANS THAT I HAVE BEEN SURROUNDED BY FRIENDS.

FOR THE CLOTHES THAT FIT A LITTLE TOO TIGHT, BECAUSE IT MEANS I HAVE ENOUGH TO EAT. FOR MY SHADOW THAT WATCHES ME WORK, BECAUSE IT MEANS I AM OUT IN THE SUNSHINE.

FOR A LAWN THAT NEEDS MOWING, WINDOWS THAT NEED CLEANING, AND GUTTERS THAT NEED FIXING, BECAUSE IT MEANS I HAVE A HOME.

FOR ALL THE COMPLAINING I HEAR ABOUT THE GOVERNMENT, BECAUSE IT MEANS THAT WE HAVE FREEDOM OF SPEECH.

FOR THE PARKING SPOT I FIND AT THE FAR END OF THE PARKING LOT, BECAUSE IT MEANS I AM CAPABLE OF WALKING AND THAT I HAVE BEEN BLESSED WITH TRANSPORTATION.

FOR MY HUGE HEATING BILL, BECAUSE IT MEANS I AM WARM.

FOR THE LADY BEHIND ME IN CHURCH THAT SINGS OFF KEY, BECAUSE IT MEANS THAT I CAN HEAR.

FOR THE PILE OF LAUNDRY AND IRONING, BECAUSE IT MEANS I HAVE CLOTHES TO WEAR.

FOR WEARINESS AND ACHING MUSCLES AT THE END OF THE DAY, BECAUSE IT MEANS THAT I HAVE BEEN CAPABLE OF WORKING HARD.

FOR THE ALARM THAT GOES OFF IN THE EARLY MORNING HOURS, BECAUSE IT MEANS THAT I AM ALIVE.

AND FINALLY...FOR TOO MUCH E-MAIL, BECAUSE IT MEANS I HAVE FRIENDS WHO ARE THINKING OF ME.

Well, Merry Christmas, Philanthropist.  Go get drunk.  A good hangover always takes one's minds off one's troubles.  :grin:

--------------------
The day will come when, after harnessing the ether, the winds, the tides, gravitation, we shall harness for God the energies of love. And, on that day, for the second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire.  -Teilard

Offlinekadakuda
The Great"Green".......East
 User Gallery

Loc: Asia
    #3542287 - 12/25/04 04:44 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

i like reading other peoples thoughts and opinions on things. helps me put things into perspective. thats why i read here. i aint trying to figure out shit, i jsut try to learn to accept others thoughts. this is great for that in my opinion.

--------------------
The seeds you won't sow are the plants you dont grow.

OfflineTheCheat
son of the lamb

Loc: Maillardville, Coquitlam,...
Re: Sorry people but I have come to realize that this forum is useless [Re: kadakuda]
    #3542474 - 12/25/04 07:01 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

I Am Thankful...for that "roach joint" i keep. reminds me of the freedom (well..not total freedom) to toke up, and that when i ran out of weed and fiend, its there to be found and smoked. But, what im really thankful for this year is the gift of knowing that Cannabis is indeed a gift from God for all of us to enjoy but respect.

Merry Christmas Shroomery and smoke on.

--------------------
?Religion is science, politics is Hollywood, and 50 cent is more influential than Dali Lama; welcome to the future?
-Fontaine

"Blessed are the peacemakers." Matthew 5:9

OfflineTodcasil
rogue DMT elf
Female User Gallery

Loc: Crawling on the floor...
Re: Sorry people but I have come to realize that this forum is useless [Re: kadakuda]
    #3542486 - 12/25/04 07:12 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

kadakuda said:
i like reading other peoples thoughts and opinions on things.  helps me put things into perspective.  thats why i read here.  i aint trying to figure out shit, i jsut try to learn to accept others thoughts.  this is great for that in my opinion.

that is why i lurk :smile:

--------------------
Men look at themselves and they see flawed humans, we look at women and we see perfect
GODDESSES
Women look at themselves and they seem utterly human, when looking at men they see proud
GODS.

~Casil

:cactus:

Invisibleshroomydan
exshroomerite
 User Gallery

Loc: In the woods
    #3543079 - 12/25/04 11:42 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Hi Philanthropist and merry Christmas, I remember you.

The reason why you are not happy with your life is because you have over-inflated ambition. You desire that which is not achievable. Basically what you said in your post is that you want to rule the world. If only you were in control of everything, then you could make it better for everybody. This is a very common delusion. Check out spacedragon's thread; he also has been called to rule the world. My own brother has been telling me for years that God wants him to unite all the people of the world under his leadership so that he can build cities in space, because we have to get off this planet before we annihilate ourselves. It sounds to me like your aspirations are a little saner than spacedragon's or my brother's, but it's really all the same. If we really knew what people were thinking, we would probably find that one in ten have similar messiah complexes.

I'm not trying to pick on you man, really. :heart: 

What I'm attempting here is a reality check. Like the rest of us, you are one man who was born into a good and beautiful, yet broken world. You will be here for a little while, and then you will die. Do little good things to affect those around you, that's how you make the world a better place.

I don't expect you to listen to me; my brother never does, but maybe just reading this will help. My brother is thirty two years old, broke, ready to leave his wife for the third time, and his teeth are rotting out of his head. It's OK though because his time has almost come, and when the time is right, he will ascend to greatness and lead the people of the world to salvation in cities in space. This has been his fantasy since we were kids, meanwhile he has accomplished nothing. He has never held a job for more than six months, has ruined his credit by defaulting on loans and not paying his bills, dropped out of college in the middle of his first semester... I could go on. Despite all this he truly has convinced himself that he will be the savior of humanity. It reminds me of that Grateful Dead song "Estimated Prophet."

I don't know your situation, maybe you are stable and productive, but I do know that there are way to many people out there doing nothing to make the world a better place NOW, because they are planning to 'save' the whole world in the future; these people are a dime a dozen.

Let go of the grandiose escapist fantasy and start living. Then you will find contentment.

Offlinebrowndustin
dustybuddy

Re: Sorry people but I have come to realize that this forum is useless [Re: shroomydan]
    #3543114 - 12/26/04 12:02 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Wow, some pretty good posts.

However I must contend. This place is anything but useless. Long time lurker, just started posting occaisionally and I think that I've much to learn. The thing about it is that things are always changing... I may not be the brightest cookie, but I know enough to take advantage of this great forum.
Dunno where I was going with the whole shpiel, but yeah... definitely not useless. However, good luck with your future endeavours! :smirk:

--------------------
When the stress burns my brain it's like acid raindrops
maryjane is the only thing that makes the pain stop

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Loc: South Florida Flag
Re: Sorry people but I have come to realize that this forum is useless [Re: shroomydan]
    #3543130 - 12/26/04 12:07 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

I hear that, but unfortunately, if someone has Paranoid Personality Disorder, of Schizophrenia, Paranoid Type, or is on a hypermanic phase of Bipolar Disorder, then such a person will not be able to "let go," and a reality check will have to be introduced from outside of the person. That outside frame of reference would have to be accepted over the individual's own cherished delusion, and internalized as true. That would mean deflating the powerful-feeling delusional ego and ceasing to be the 'savior,' while giving someone else 'control' over his/her life.

The real 'saviors' of humanity demonstrate profound humility. They 'realize' that they are but fleeting 'servants' of the Absolute - NOT the Absolute personified. This is the predicament of this type of mental dis-ease. The 'saviors' who are put on pedestals, are put there by others, not by themselves. Everyone in the world can see this fact except the delusional.

--------------------
γνῶθι σαὐτόν - Gnothi Seauton - Know Thyself

Offlineincubaby_421
half naked andfull witted
 User Gallery

Loc: the center of the univers...
Re: Sorry people but I have come to realize that this forum is useless [Re: MarkostheGnostic]
    #3544160 - 12/26/04 02:47 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

im sure that you will solve all of the worlds problems instantaniously without any effort because youre most likely the leader of the illuminati, thank you for using your powers for good as opposed to evil

love and light

--------------------
"yet the more i dig, the more i consume, the more i unfold... the less protected i feel.
i am the spit on the hair of the son of an electron, swimming around the nucleus of a cell inside the sperm of a killer bee, and my purpose is as nebulous as why weve been bestowed with the capacity to give a shit" Brandon Boyd

InvisibleSinbad
Living TheMoment
Male

Loc: Under The Bodhi Tree
Re: Sorry people but I have come to realize that this forum is useless [Re: MarkostheGnostic]
    #3544203 - 12/26/04 03:06 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

MarkostheGnostic, man thats 100% true, very well written, i couldnt agree with you more if you paid me or had me at gunpoint, but i suppose you could try paying me, but please leave the guns alone.  :guns: :moneyeyes:

just to be a walking contradiction wasnt the Dalai Lama was chosen by the Tibetan ppl? just a thought  :wink:

--------------------

Edited by Sinbad (12/26/04 03:07 PM)

OfflinePali_Gap
Stranger
    #3544253 - 12/26/04 03:26 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

MarkostheGnostic said:
I hear that, but unfortunately, if someone has Paranoid Personality Disorder, of Schizophrenia, Paranoid Type, or is on a hypermanic phase of Bipolar Disorder, then such a person will not be able to "let go," and a reality check will have to be introduced from outside of the person. That outside frame of reference would have to be accepted over the individual's own cherished delusion, and internalized as true. That would mean deflating the powerful-feeling delusional ego and ceasing to be the 'savior,' while giving someone else 'control' over his/her life.

The real 'saviors' of humanity demonstrate profound humility. They 'realize' that they are but fleeting 'servants' of the Absolute - NOT the Absolute personified. This is the predicament of this type of mental dis-ease. The 'saviors' who are put on pedestals, are put there by others, not by themselves. Everyone in the world can see this fact except the delusional.

He gave up trying to make the world into a utopia because other people have given up trying to make the world a utopia.

OfflinePali_Gap
Stranger
Re: Sorry people but I have come to realize that this forum is useless [Re: TheCheat]
    #3544266 - 12/26/04 03:31 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

TheCheat said:
I Am Thankful...for that "roach joint" i keep. reminds me of the freedom (well..not total freedom) to toke up, and that when i ran out of weed and fiend, its there to be found and smoked. But, what im really thankful for this year is the gift of knowing that Cannabis is indeed a gift from God for all of us to enjoy but respect.

Merry Christmas Shroomery and smoke on.

So you are saying that those most dependent on drugs are the most free?

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Amazon Shop for: Grateful Dead

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology