Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleKrishna
कृष्ण,LOL
 User Gallery

Loc: oakland
Dead Can Dance - Spring Tour!!!
    #3537455 - 12/23/04 08:36 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Anybody else a big Dead Can Dance fan? I'm really excited - this is the first time that Lisa Gerrard and Brendan Perry will be performing on stage together since 1996! I'm planning to see them at the Hague on March 12th (hopefully with a hefty amount of shrooms sitting in my tummy!)

http://www.deadcandance.com/ for tour dates (currently only listing the European dates for March and April, but they say that there will be a North American tour in August and September)

:rasta:

oh and if you haven't heard Dead Can Dance before, I'd highly recommend checking out some of their stuff. I can't begin to describe what they sound like... some website gives this as a description: "Dead Can Dance combines elements of European folk music -- particularly music from the Middle Ages and the Renaissance -- with ambient pop and worldbeat flourishes. Their songs are of lost beauty, regret and sorrow, inspiration and nobility, and of the everlasting human goal of attaining a meaningful existence." But that doesn't really explain it either. Best I can sum it up is if Syd Barret, Roger Waters, ENYA, George Harrison and some Native American shamans all took a bunch of LSD at a Renaissance fair. needless to say, good shit! :smile:

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleMiddlemanM

Re: Dead Can Dance - Spring Tour!!! [Re: Krishna]
    #3539756 - 12/24/04 03:49 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

:tears of joy:

i knew they would reunite...
does this mean a new ablum?

thanx for the heads up Krishna!
what a merry Christmaka.

OfflineClavicep
Stranger
Re: Dead Can Dance - Spring Tour!!! [Re: Krishna]
    #3539768 - 12/24/04 03:53 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

looks cool, I doubt ill be attending though.

Invisiblericochet
Re: Dead Can Dance - Spring Tour!!! [Re: Clavicep]
    #3541598 - 12/25/04 05:22 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

very nice. I've been into DCD for a few years and really love The Serpent's Egg and Into the Labyrinth. I'll check out this tour if it comes anywhere (maximum of 5-6 hour drive) near me. I doubt they'll tour the Southeast U.S. at all, but they might come to Atlanta since it's a fairly large city and might draw a fair amount of people. judging by the limited number of European dates and only visiting like one city in each country I doubt they'll tour the U.S. that extensively. they'll probably play New York City, Boston, maybe Philadelphia, Los Angeles, Chicago, maybe Seattle, and maybe a few more cities and that's about it. sigh, it sucks living in such a cultureless part of a cultureless country.

Offlineel_duderino
His Dudeness
Male User Gallery

Loc: 'stralia
Re: Dead Can Dance - Spring Tour!!! [Re: ricochet]
    #3547316 - 12/27/04 07:49 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

ricochet said:
sigh, it sucks living in such a cultureless part of a cultureless country.

hehe that was great. Sorry im just a foreigner making fun of america like everybody else. :smile: Where in America u live?

Well I live in a hole in Australia and i very much doubt they will ever come here.

I heard of them from my uncle in Poland, I'm sure he's going to see them.

--------------------
Look, let me explain something. I'm not Mr. Lebowski; you're Mr. Lebowski.
I'm the Dude. So that's what you  call me.  That, or Duder.  His  Dudeness.
Or El Duderino, if, you know, you're not into the whole brevity thing.

Invisiblericochet
Re: Dead Can Dance - Spring Tour!!! [Re: el_duderino]
    #3548326 - 12/27/04 02:02 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

I live in the Southeast U.S. also known as the "Bible belt". it's not so bad in this state (North Carolina) as it is where I used to live and grew up (Mississippi). I'm not in the "deep south" but still in the South. yeah, so, I'm really reading a lot about the Netherlands and maybe will try to visit and make a move there in 5-7 years after I finish university and get a steady job for a bit. cheers.

by the way, how's the ozone there? (sorry on behalf of all Americans who consume way too many fossil fuels and emit way too much pollution - I don't own a car, which is crippling at times but I deal) do you live anywhere near Adelaide?

Offlinehuxmush
Wanderer

Loc: Australia
Re: Dead Can Dance - Spring Tour!!! [Re: el_duderino]
    #3570441 - 01/02/05 08:33 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Well I live in a hole in Australia and i very much doubt they will ever come here.

Maybe they won't, but I sincerely hope that they do - I've never seen them live, and I just moved back from the UK, just before they announced the tour.... :-(

I think they really should tour Australia - didn't they originally form the band in Melbourne or something?

InvisibleKrishna
कृष्ण,LOL
 User Gallery

Loc: oakland
Re: Dead Can Dance - Spring Tour!!! [Re: huxmush]
    #3572712 - 01/02/05 07:14 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

I'm not sure what city they are from, but they are definitely from Australia.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder